Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Australian Embassy

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
Bit of a random question, but does anyone here work for the Australian embassy ? Ive got a few questions about working holiday Visa's

Comments

• Surely all (if not most) of their staff would be Australian?

Why not call the embassy? I'm sure if they can't answer your questions, they'll point you in the right direction.
  • Yer maybe... although the embassy is in London, so some may be British... or even forum using Charlton fans :)
    I will ring them tomorrow, but was just wondering if anyone here could help me with my questions
  • first big question is how old are you but otherwise

• Cheers, I went before on a 1yr working visa, but didnt do enough days work to qualify for a second.
    Apparently they have/are changing it to 24 month visa like they get when visiting here.... just need to know if they are willing to use a bit of discretion now the rules have changed.
  • Majority of staff at the British Vice consulate here in the Algarve are Portuguese, I dare say there's plenty of Brits working at Australia house.
  • Cheers, I went before on a 1yr working visa, but didnt do enough days work to qualify for a second.
    Apparently they have/are changing it to 24 month visa like they get when visiting here.... just need to know if they are willing to use a bit of discretion now the rules have changed.

The Australian government NEVER bends the rules on Visa applications, if you don't qualify then they won't grant you a Visa.

Depending on your occupation you might be better off applying to come out on a skilled working visa, there is a massive employee shortage in the resources industry - although you would have to live/work in the middle of nowhere.

• Take a look at britishexpats.com. There is a forum for Australia, and a sub forum for immigration.

You can search existing threads or post a new thread. Good luck!

The Australian government NEVER bends the rules on Visa applications, if you don't qualify then they won't grant you a Visa.

Depending on your occupation you might be better off applying to come out on a skilled working visa, there is a massive employee shortage in the resources industry - although you would have to live/work in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks, i'll look into the skilled side of things