Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour De France 2011(Spoiler Alert)

Anyone else really enjoyed this year's Tour. I think it has been the most exciting for years. Watched most of this afternoon's crucial stage live and plan to plan to watch tomorrow as well. I was hoping my favourite rider, Contador, would put in his trademark sprint away up the mountain but it was Andy Schleck who sprinted away with 60 kms to go. Still any one of 4 or 5 riders could win it.

Cavendish docked 20 points so he will probably have to win in Paris to win Green Jersey.

Comments

• Options
    Contador didn't have the energy to keep up with the main contenders which was very surprising and dramatic. I hope Evans wins because he dragged that bunch up the hill on his own and is only 1'12 down on yellow. A lot of riders from that group owe Evans as he has ensured they all still have a chance of winning. Its always disappointing when someone like Frank Schleck does bugger-all to help and yet steals seconds at the end. But those are the tactics and I suppose his brother is the main threat (great breakaway today, although assisted by the lack of response from the main group).

Cavendish is just ridiculously good and I think it would be a big shame if he doesn't win the green jersey. Those points he was docked today seemed unfair seeing as it was such a tough stage as well as such a large number of riders who missed the cut-off time...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is this the first year they havent all been on performanced enhancing drugs?
    Wrong thread, right?
  • Options
    I caught up with the last two stages tonight whilst riding 40 miles on my turbo trainer. Great ride by Andy Schleck today but loved the fighting spirit by Voeckler to just keep hold of the yellow jersey.

Am so glad I've watched the Tour this year. Never realised it was as good as this and have learnt so much.
  • Options
    Contador didn't have the energy to keep up with the main contenders which was very surprising and dramatic. I hope Evans wins because he dragged that bunch up the hill on his own and is only 1'12 down on yellow. A lot of riders from that group owe Evans as he has ensured they all still have a chance of winning. Its always disappointing when someone like Frank Schleck does bugger-all to help and yet steals seconds at the end. But those are the tactics and I suppose his brother is the main threat (great breakaway today, although assisted by the lack of response from the main group).

Cavendish is just ridiculously good and I think it would be a big shame if he doesn't win the green jersey. Those points he was docked today seemed unfair seeing as it was such a tough stage as well as such a large number of riders who missed the cut-off time...

+1 for all of this Dan, Evans pulled the entire peleton up that mountain, I would love to see him win it. The Schlecks cant time trial so Saturdays stage will throw up some more surprises.

Cav losing the points is a shame but that is the rules at the moment, he is 15 points ahaed of Rojas so he needs to stay on his wheel today ensuring anything that happens, happens to the both of them. 

• Options
    I caught up with the last two stages tonight whilst riding 40 miles on my turbo trainer. Great ride by Andy Schleck today but loved the fighting spirit by Voeckler to just keep hold of the yellow jersey. Am so glad I've watched the Tour this year. Never realised it was as good as this and have learnt so much.
    Lol, sounds like my evening John, I was planning to go out on the road last night but it pissed down so I did my session on my turbo in the garage. Roll on the summer :-) 
  • Options

All comes down to the Time Trial tomorrow. At least three races within a race - who wins the stage, can Evans pull back the 57 seconds on Andy Schleck and will Voekler make up the 1.15 to be third going into Paris.

Cavendish should have the green jersey sewn up.

• Options
    Gees had to comment....  JohnBoy how do you manage forty miles on the turbo trainer?  I'm massively bored if I get near 20, even if I listen to an excellent radio show; not interested in watching tv on it for some reason.  Not only that but my ass don't like the sweat.  Sorry to bring it down, but do you use a barrier cream or cycle specific cream?
  • Options
    The action today was great, apart from all the idiot fans getting in the way and running alongside the riders. I think 57 seconds is a long time for Evans to make up. It just depends how bad Schleck is at time trialling. He looked spent at the top of Alpe d'Huez today, so maybe he may well crack. As much as I hope Evans overhauls him, I can't see it happening.

Voeckler really deserves to win the tour because he has given so much to keep hold of that yellow jersey. He was never expected to challenge like this and it is a testament to him that he managed to hold on to it this far. I hear there was a massive great picture across the front page of l'Equippe this morning, so the French were really behind him... 

The tour still wide open going into the time trial. You couldn't ask for more, really...
  • Options
    Andy Schleck has the advantage in the TT of going after Evans, so he knows what he has to do, that could just save him.
  • Options
    Gees had to comment....  JohnBoy how do you manage forty miles on the turbo trainer?  I'm massively bored if I get near 20, even if I listen to an excellent radio show; not interested in watching tv on it for some reason.  Not only that but my ass don't like the sweat.  Sorry to bring it down, but do you use a barrier cream or cycle specific cream?

I rarely do long sessions but missed the Wed night session and knew I wasnt out again til this Sunday. Normally have 2 strong fans on me, one in front and one behind. Last night I broke it up into two 1 hour sessions with a 5 min comfort break in the middle and changed bib shorts too. Never rid without using chamois cream now, have been using either assos cream (which came with my shorts) or udderly smooth which I goy from wiggle which isnreally good.

As long as I'm comfy, can stay in the saddle all day. Turbo isnt too bad, I tend to break sessions up into pyramid interval sessions with cool downs at easy pace. Intervals are bloody brilliant for gaining leg strength and power.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TDF........right up there with golf.....yawn.
  • Options

Cavendish docked 20 points so he will probably have to win in Paris to win Green Jersey.

And he does! Truly world class.