Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rebranding mascots

was reading the dog thread and it ocurred that the club might like to review the mascot situation

ever since we ve had Floyd and Harvey(could they be insurrectives ?) its gone downhill ,perhaps we could return to a real live mascot (Perhaps F and H are real?)?

we had a black cat that walked into the valley at the beginning of the 68/69 season but 2 problems it may now be deceased and its a bit too sunderlandy

we had elephants v portsmouth in 1972

a robin ? but thats a bit small and a bit too bristolcityish (no cockney rhyming slang puns intended)

may i suggest a large haddock ,obviously there d have to be quite a long interviewing process as the haddock would have to have a bit of charisma 

Comments

• Options
    What are Mark Fish or Mike Salmon doing now?
  • Options

Wasn't there also a gypsy curse put on the ground at one point or am im getting my wires crossed?

• Options

Wasn't there also a gypsy curse put on the ground at one point or am im getting my wires crossed?

Don't think the Valley was ever cursed by Gills fans. Birmingham City's ground was. So too (and this may be what you're thinking of) were Derby County when they built a stadium on a gypsy site. They lots loads of cup finals reportedly because of the curse, but sadly the curse was supposedly lifted when they beat us 4-1 in the 1946 final.
  • Options

Wouldn't be very entertaining to have a live haddock as a mascot unless the intention was to fry it up in the centre circle at half time and serve it with a load of chips to the supporters.

If it has to be live, how about a ginger comedian!

• Options
    JaShea99 is looking for a new job
  • Options
    frying Jim Davidson at half time ...now thats original but we d have to have a new mascot every game

but i can see a book film here based on the floyd road miracle feeding 7,869 season ticket holders with one haddock/comedian (delete as appropriate)

i am still in the Haddock camp ...i still favour the haddock with charisma not a camp one  ,even a fierce haddock to frighten the away team/supporters ....
  • Options

Perhaps we could have Lucky and Heather  to make us politically correct unisex.

• Options
    How about a goat?

We could call it "Scapey" and we could all boo it as it is paraded around the pitch pre-match.

With that out of our systems we could then get behind the lads with some positive encouragement and support.

• Options
    all goats and haddocks must be over 6ft 2"
  • Options
    And the goat could also pick the team by means of it's chosen plop spot don't forget!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't think the Valley was ever cursed by Gills fans. Birmingham City's ground was. So too (and this may be what you're thinking of) were Derby County when they built a stadium on a gypsy site. They lots loads of cup finals reportedly because of the curse, but sadly the curse was supposedly lifted when they beat us 4-1 in the 1946 final.
    I think it was Southampton who used a witch to banish a curse on their ground (Dell/St Mary's?) promptly before they beat us.
  • Options
    what would gumbo be like if we had a goat henners wouldnt be fair to gumbo or the goat
  • Options
    brum had a gypsy curse on their ground and barry fry had to pish in all 4 corners to get rid of it when he took over as manager
  • Options
    brum had a gypsy curse on their ground and barry fry had to pish in all 4 corners to get rid of it when he took over as manager 

Think Mr Fry does that anyway......