Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lampard/Barton

edited February 2007 in Rumours
From a mate of a mate who works at the Beeb......

Lampard is being a right t * t about Barton being in the squad, won't talk to him, pass to him, all that stuff, and just got up to move to another table at breakfast when Barton sat at the same one. Apparently as soon as he stood up and moved, Barton called after him "Don't worry, I wasn't going to nick your breakfast you fat pr*ck" and Lampard threw a hissy fit and stormed out.

Comments

• i really hope thats true, especially as what Barton said about the books etc is spot on!
  • I can imagine Frank would get very upset about someone trying to nick his breakfast. He's a tool, love the way he spends endless time talking to the media about Joey Barton and how he shouldn't talk to the media about other players, without seeing what a fat tube it makes him look.
  • That's funny!

LAmpard is definitely one of those "billy big time" sort of tossers that are unfortunately rife in the game these days.

Altogether now "soopagowls"
  • i read yesterday that he's a very sensitive soul and takes all criticism to heart. whereas gerrard left a signed copy of his book outside barton's room. hehe.
  • Heard Gerrard interviewed on 5Live about it, he was fine. Laughed at the whole thing. The Sousers love their humour.
  • I'd sooner have Barton in the side than that usless twat Lampard. If McClaren had any balls he'd have dropped him by now.
  • what have i missed? did barton slagg off the england stars?
  • He said something along the lines of he was frustrated at not being able to get into the england team when they (Stevie G and Fats Frankimo) clearly don't work well together and that could have timed their book launches better than straight after flopping so spectacularly. Nothing controvertial really.
  • Lampard is hardly bloody useless is he.

Granted he hasn't done it for England for a while but Gerrard hardly lights up the England team either. Lampards form in the PL, 17 goals, means he would be in the team regardless who the manager was.

Think Barton would be a liability at International level because of his nature of tacklling IMHO.
  • Not knocking waht he does for chelsea, but what he does in the PL and what he does in an England shirt are 2 different things.

For me Gerrard is head and shoulders a better player than Lampard for the centre midfield role alongside Hargreaves. It winds me up that McClaren keeps playing Gerrard out of position to accomodate Lampard, when he hardly ever performs like he does for Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• oh i do agree mate but all the while he plays for a ,now , high profile club and is scoring over 10 goals a season every season he'll always play ahead of anyone. That's what England is all about now.
  • so basically lampard is the opposite to our dennis... performs for club not country and vice versa
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Lampard is hardly bloody useless is he.

Granted he hasn't done it for England for a while but Gerrard hardly lights up the England team either. Lampards form in the PL, 17 goals, means he would be in the team regardless who the manager was.

Think Barton would be a liability at International level because of his nature of tacklling IMHO.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Lampard is hardly bloody useless is he.

Think Barton would be a liability at International level because of his nature of tacklling IMHO.[/quote]

Great post,totally agree
  • sorry still can't work out the quote thing
  • underneath your comment box put the green dot in BBCode then press quote from the box you want , it'll look like what you've just done but it'll appear different on the thread
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]sorry still can't work out the quote thing
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]underneath your comment box put the green dot in BBCode then press quote from the box you want , it'll look like what you've just done but it'll appear different on the thread

Is that it?
  • cool cheers oohaah
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]underneath your comment box put the green dot in BBCode then press quote from the box you want , it'll look like what you've just done but it'll appear different on the thread

Of all the various explanations I have heard how to do this, oohaahmortimer's explanation has been the best !

"Green dot" ??? - mine's not green.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]underneath your comment box put the green dot in BBCode then press quote from the box you want , it'll look like what you've just done but it'll appear different on the thread

"Green dot" ??? - mine's not green.

nice
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]From a mate of a mate who works at the Beeb......

Lampard is being a right t * t about Barton being in the squad, won't talk to him, pass to him, all that stuff, and just got up to move to another table at breakfast when Barton sat at the same one. Apparently as soon as he stood up and moved, Barton called after him "Don't worry, I wasn't going to nick your breakfast you fat pr*ck" and Lampard threw a hissy fit and stormed out.

Just seen the above on popbitch...gets around your mate!
  • When Barton replaced Lampard, Motson questioned whether or not Lampard would shake Bartons hand. He did, but made sure he'd put his hands down his shorts and had a good rummage, first.
  • When Barton replaced Lampard, Motson questioned whether or not Lampard would shake Bartons hand. He did, but made sure he'd put his hands down his shorts and had a good rummage, first.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hornchurch[/cite]When Barton replaced Lampard, Motson questioned whether or not Lampard would shake Bartons hand. He did, but made sure he'd put his hands down his shorts and had a good rummage, first.
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]When Barton replaced Lampard, Motson questioned whether or not Lampard would shake Bartons hand. He did, but made sure he'd put his hands down his shorts and had a good rummage, first.
    echo
  • like this
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]underneath your comment box put the green dot in BBCode then press quote from the box you want , it'll look like what you've just done but it'll appear different on the thread

Of all the various explanations I have heard how to do this, oohaahmortimer's explanation has been the best !
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]