Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leaflet design

My gf wants to get leaflets printed up for her fitness classes so wondered if theres any fellow addicks that could design something or can recommend the best sites for this.  Vista print seems expensive £130 for 500 fliers... Any help appreciated

Comments

• Do you want a designer or a printer (I can point you in the direction of either)?
  • Send me a few pictures of your girlfriend and I will design a decent leaflet for you
  • www.colourcreatives.com

Ask for Dave, he's a very good friend of mine. His shop is in Sidcup if that helps.
  • Do you want a designer or a printer (I can point you in the direction of either)?

Looking for a designer that I could maybe slip a couple quid... Printing seems pretty cheap from a few online companies once you've got the leaflet/flier made up. Would rather pay an addick though in these times of need!

Thanks for the link aswell Arry, will check it on the laptop later.

• www.colourcreatives.com

Ask for Dave, he's a very good friend of mine. His shop is in Sidcup if that helps.
    Seems like a very competitive price Arry.

I had 500 flyers printed for £59 printed one side,full colour,delivered, on a decent stock, with little shine through, and as a designer thought that was pretty competitive.
    I will have to go along to Sidcup and check it out, and see what there quality is like.

• If anyone wants any printing done I operate a £350k Xerox Color 1000 pretty much the pinnacle of digital printing, a few people on here can vouch for the stunning quality that I can produce. Just a thought.
  • If anyone wants any printing done I operate a £350k Xerox Color 1000 pretty much the pinnacle of digital printing, a few people on here can vouch for the stunning quality that I can produce. Just a thought.
    Where are you based....... and how does it stack up against the  HP 'indigo'.....

• It doesn't come up to the Indigo for quality, especially solids. However, xerox technology is streets ahead in environmental impact.
    Xerox Igen 4 pushes Indigo all the way.
  • Send me a few pictures of your girlfriend and I will design a decent leaflet for you

(In the words of Harold Steptoe)

You dirty old man
  • Well Ken I have operated both, and for ease of use it is far ahead of the indigo, but the quality is probably marginally better on the indigo to be fair. Tell you what tho the color 1000 is better IMO than a iGen 4, the only thing the iGen 4 would offer over the 1000 is oversized sheet size, and speed, but I tell you what there is not much in it. Also the color 1000 has the first digital spot colour which is quite funky. All in all if it was my business I would have the 1000 over both others mentioned, and that's not a biased view, it's a measured view I think because I have operated all 3 for a long period.

My favorite machine tho is the Xerox 5000, great machine that.

I'm very competitive In price as well, hey and Charlton to boot.

Based in Peckham.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2011
    Thanks MCS.
    I have been very impressed with the results , and of course price which most people want as they are paying.

As I always try and tell clients/customers, a cheap job is only good when it is printed well, and as this is   something that is representing your company/goods/ service you want the best quality, or at least something that does not look unprofessional.

The oversize sheet size is good for designers like me as I am always 'bleeding off'  type and half tones.

I used to use a magazine printers in Peckham on the industrial estate by the railway, but they closed down.
    Used Morgan print for  small run  decent quality magazines (20,000)  who used to print the Valley programme. 

My main business used to be magazine printing, and used to used Polestar, StIves at Plymouth, and  Heron print in Colchester, found them the most competitive and good for price/quality.

When I was at the BBC I used  Garnett Dickinson because I knew the rep for years,and got well looked after re price  and quality, and the turnround was a nightmare?. PDF's into production by Monday 10pm, in London at 8am in the display bins Tuesday. 20,000 16 page newspaper. 

I will keep in touch if I get something, always like working with people who value there customers, and some of my smaller printers have gone to the wall in recent years, like the repro boys 

I bet you work with a load of Millwall though being in Peckham, rose among the thorns eh!.........

• edited July 2011
    www.colourcreatives.com

Seems like a very competitive price Arry.

I had 500 flyers printed for £59 printed one side,full colour,delivered, on a decent stock, with little shine through, and as a designer thought that was pretty competitive.
    I will have to go along to Sidcup and check it out, and see what there quality is like.

Had alook on that site and seems competitively priced, just a shame its abit of a drive away as i'm in Whitstable. Could always use them for the printing once i've got something designed. So where are all you creative addick fans?!?!

C.Walsh'sLoveChild
    - i'll pm you the pictures later