Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Mclean

Just heard a Charlton scout was over here looking at Derry City FCs 22 year old striker James Mclean, there has been a bit of hype about him alright but have yet to see him in action.
MAYBE he could be that extra young striker we need

Comments

• Options
    Any idea what kind of striker he is?
  • Options
    Derry Shetty
  • Options
    nope sorry, all i know is that there is meant to be a few clubs going to have a look at him, we had a scout there on friday. I have yet to see him play.
    He has started 16 games, and been subbed on twice.  with 7 goals in those 18 games
  • Options
    is he related to Bitty ?
  • Options
    what?
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7021505,00.html

He plays on the left hand side. There a few Derry City videos on Youtube - He's number 11 for those who want to have a look.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    He is a winger who has been linked with half the championship and a few prem clubs in recent weeks. Think he will move somewhere above us to be honest, reading seem most likely
  • Options
    FFS he is only 5ft9" not happy with that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS he is only 5ft9" not happy with that...
    Too tall for us then.
  • Options
    Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with how tall potential signings are?
  • Options

You need to ask?

This is Charlton Life, not content with the 12 new signings and their potential, lifers have now aimed their moaning and whinging arrows at other areas, definitely a half glass empty forum.

• Options
    You never win anything with a team of midgets.
  • Options
    This site thrives on irony and sarcasm dabos........thought you might have guessed that by now
  • Options

You need to ask?

This is Charlton Life, not content with the 12 new signings and their potential, lifers have now aimed their moaning and whinging arrows at other areas, definitely a half glass empty forum.

Exactly, If we were linked with Messi he would be no good for us.. he's under 6 ft!
  • Options

Indeed.  We will be the diddymen of League One next season!

New director of football: Ken Dodd.

• Options

Good call, we won't be paying any tax either.
  • Options

Ken Dodd?............how tall is he?
  • Options

You never win anything with a team of midgets.

Willie wonka done ok

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Ken Dodd?............how tall is he?

He's diddy
  • Options
    This site thrives on irony and sarcasm dabos........thought you might have guessed that by now
    I am aware of the irony and sarcasm, I sometimes require a handy safety wink though ;)

And I'm not convinced Curbey was joking!
  • Options
    Just heard a Charlton scout was over here looking at Derry City FCs 22 year old striker James Mclean, there has been a bit of hype about him alright but have yet to see him in action.

W-D...my first post, but always check out the site when taking a break or two during the day!  One of my best friends moved home to Donegal with the family a few years ago - he's in Letterkenny, one of the guys Guinness mentioned - and likes to go to a lot of the games up there.  He saw McLean last week and is going to the next game on Friday, so will pay a bit more attention to him.  His initial comments were that he "...looks good prospect, but would need to bulk up".  It would be good to see our new scouting network start to pick up a few for the future.  As mentioned, we aren't alone here though and McLean is on the radar for a lot of other clubs.

Best of luck with the Irish Addicks!

Tel

• Options
    Pah...if he's not an athletic 6'3" he can **** off to palarse.
  • Options
    he'll go reading.
  • Options

W-D...my first post, but always check out the site when taking a break or two during the day!  One of my best friends moved home to Donegal with the family a few years ago - he's in Letterkenny, one of the guys Guinness mentioned - and likes to go to a lot of the games up there.  He saw McLean last week and is going to the next game on Friday, so will pay a bit more attention to him.  His initial comments were that he "...looks good prospect, but would need to bulk up".  It would be good to see our new scouting network start to pick up a few for the future.  As mentioned, we aren't alone here though and McLean is on the radar for a lot of other clubs.

Best of luck with the Irish Addicks!

Tel

Thanks Tel!!   Be sure to post what your friend thought of him on here!
  • Options
    Will do mate. Told him about the Facebook site, but he's just taken himself off it...just not bothered with it any more. Haven't converted my family over there to Charlton...they're the usual bunch of glory-boys unfortunately :)
  • Options
    Well keep on trying!   :)
  • Options

Like the sound of this guy.

Lightweight, short and doesn't score much.

Perfect for L1.

• Options
    Mate went to game last night. Derry won 1-0, but he wasn't overly impressed with McLean. Would certainly be a gamble and wouldn't want to be writing a big cheque upfront. Assume he has something about him usually if the alledged number of scouts are actually watching him.