Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rommedahl

I've just seen an article from the Guardian saying that Dowie wants Rommedahl to have a free role.

I wonder if this means that he will try a midfield diamond against Pompey with Pouso at the base, Kish on the right, Ambrose or Hughes on the left and Romm playing just behind the strikers.

Doesn't seem a bad idea to me!

Comments

• I'm a big fan of Dennis and am desperate for him to really come good...
  • A free role could be a good idea, he's useless at tracking back and to date we haven't really used his pace, give him a bit more responsibility and license to roam and it could be what we need.
  • I've been saying this all season! Play 2 of Faye, Kish and Pousso for bite and let the likes of Dennis and Ambrose do what they do best-attack!
  • edited September 2006
    hopefully this will happen- he was good at Chelsea
  • I read that on the train this morning and nearly cheered out loud. G'WAN DENNIS!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1872922,00.html

("How is Iain Dowie going to get the best out of Charlton flop Dennis Rommedahl? By letting him do anything he wants.")
  • pretty certain Dennis will start today.

Will he perform or not ?

I think he'll have a good un today, though it would be typical of him to get his foot in the door, and then fall back again.
  • Thought he did ok today. His shot that hit the bar/post was awesome.
  • every game he frustrates me more.

how many times did he open his legs and travel with the ball ? twice ?

he just seems to switch off when the posession is not around him, and offers no cover at all.

what was the consensus, were you pleased with his contribution ?
  • See my post about Kish. Great shot but where were the crosses? His corners were poor too imo.
  • what was the consensus, were you pleased with his contribution

I thought he played better in the second half when we switched to 4-4-2 and he had a bit more support around him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I seem to remember shouting 'Go on Dennis' quite a lot but either he got tackled too easily or his cross was wayward. I was dissapointed with him today I have to admit, and I'm just dying for him to do well.
  • what frustrates me is that flair players ARE being given a chance, but none of them are really taking it...
  • I just said as much to my girlfriend (whose response was 'do I look good in this!'). I wish our 'flair players' would show as much flair as she does in getting ready to go out!