Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the gestapo at work..

...made me fill in a sick form for leaving 2 hours early last week after feeling tom and dick!

Comments

• Options
    When you blow-out the whole day, it's understandable, but for going home sick is just ridiculous!
  • Options
    Less than half day and you can just go home where I work. A Sick leave form for 2 hours is a joke - doesnt exactly encourage people to try to come in knowing they can call it a day if it gets too much.
  • Options
    albeit going home with only 2 hours left is a joke too Imo! might as well just stay innit
  • Options
    no point staying if you physically can't work..
  • Options
    No such word as cant Raz!! ;-)
  • Options
    Was it during the high winds Razil? I bet you were sick with worry that your fence wouldn't stay up...
  • Options
    Parp!
  • Options
    oy back on topic please...
  • Options
    Did they Counsel you after as well as that seems to be the norm after a 'sickie' ?
  • Options
    lol, no I'd need counselling just working here....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any Tom time off at my place for 3.5 hours (half a day) or more needs a "sick" certificate - including doctors/dentist appointments, etc.

I've had a (very interesting!) email debate with my HR department about why someone has to fill in a "sick" form if they are not actually sick - i.e. need to go to docs for injections, ante natal check up, blood tests, etc - but the point was lost on them. In the end I've ended up telling my lot just to put down 3hrs 25 mins on their timesheets and "lose" anything over that somewhere else.

Some people have nothing better to do than worry about poxy forms being filled in. A tax return or something like that is one thing, but an internal form because you've been to the docs to get your rash looked at? Do me a favour!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]...made me fill in a sick form for leaving 2 hours early last week after feeling tom and dick!

It's called compliance Raz. MAY EVEN BE TO DO WITH THE Company Indemnity Insurance.
  • Options
    fair dos, you're probably right.