Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back The Board

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
The Board are obviously backing Chris Powell financially and giving him the players he feels he needs to get us out of League One. Now it's our turn to back the Board. I know it isn't easy financially at the moment but if you can and havnt already done so now is the time to Back the Board and invest in a season ticket. The more bums we can get on seats will help the Club financially and the team with increased support.

Up The Addicks !!

Comments

• Options
    Well said Large
  • Options
    Well said that man.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Agree completely, especially as there are so many additions to the possible season ticket deliverers.

Roll on August 6th.

• Options
    Agreed

One of my mates who has been wavering is now close to changing his mind. Hopefully the new signings are convincing others who aren't sure too.
  • Options
    This might be the first season in a while where i dont play football on a Saturday. I am seriously considering purchasing a season ticket if i dont play on Saturdays this year
  • Options
    Agreed! Im there again, and if things are tight do the monthly payment - £27 for North West Quad over 10 months...It makes sense!
  • Options

For more than one reason had been holding off getting mine & my boy's renewed.

Impressed with what's been going on and can't wait for new season to start.

Think the stench of staleness is being removed and better times are ahead.

Will now be renewing both asap but can someone lend me £26 as my boy has had his 11th birthday since last season ended & his ticket is now £75. Liberty!

• Options
    Agreed! Im there again, and if things are tight do the monthly payment - £27 for North West Quad over 10 months...It makes sense!

But that only £2.70 month - are you sure you've got a season ticket or a job serving hotdogs in the lower north
  • Options
    When does the first match go on sale?.Is it next Wednesday?.
  • Options
    oh and as important, Patience with this team, it's might not hit the ground running, but it's got enough about it to do some serious damage in this league.

Stick with em, and buy a season ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh and as important, Patience with this team, it's might not hit the ground running, but it's got enough about it to do some serious damage in this league.

Stick with em, and buy a season ticket
    Well said on the patience. The ingredients are there and most are on 2 or 3 year deals. With the right execution on the pitch and the right management and support we have the chance to take advantage of some deep foundations underneath us which we haven't had for a long while.
  • Options
    I'm there!
  • Options
    I am demanding a Villas-Boas style season where we only drop 9 points all year and win every competition we enter.

Ok - I'll tolerate FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea or Man Utd
  • Options
    No centre backs... only 3 strikers and we still have Mccormack!

Just not good enough!

• Options
    I thought exactly the same, and rang the club yesterday and sponsored a home kit.

• Options
    just had my knee op so my saturdays are now free :)

unfortunately due to the most expensive ibiza holiday ever i cant afford to shell out on a season ticket...but the club will be getting my £17 every home game on a NU ticket.
  • Options
    I thought exactly the same, and rang the club yesterday and sponsored a home kit.

That's a good idea. 
  • Options
    Well said re. support and patience. We've all had to be very patient and some have understandably fallen away but this could just be the START of something exciting. Great that CP's got some of them in early like he stated he wanted for pre-season training but it'll still take time to gel, and to find the right balance. If you know a lapsed st-holder get on to them right away - they might not even realise what's going on.
  • Options
    SCP on Wiggins from the o/s: "Obviously he is a long list of signings that we are making..."

• Options
    Brilliant feeling. Thank you board i have renewed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look how happy the chairman is after sealing the Wiggins deal!
  • Options

I have to say, the board are once again playing a blinder and they deserve massive credit.

Now, Danny Green was on holiday, was he not?

Does that mean that someone from CAFC actually flew out there, sold the club to him and clinched the deal like some sort of Addick superhero?

If this sort of thing is happening then it is staggeringly impressive.  It shows that we have a really shrewd bunch in our boardroom that know exactly when to act and don't hesitate when they know the time is right to go in for the kill.  I must say, I really like their style.

They have identified some of the brightest prospects in our league and fended off other attractive clubs, even those in the division above, to get their men.  They have been spending cash, but not in a remotely conspicuous way (long may it stay that way - I hope that all the rest of our signings are for 'undisclosed fees'; it's surely the only sensible way to do it) - witness how the Sheff Weds fans were incredulous at our transfer coups as they all assumed we didn't have a pot to do the proverbial in.

We can be confident that we have people at the club who know exactly what they are doing and how to go about it in the right way.  As a result, all Charlton fans now cannot be anything but happy and confident about the coming season.   For all this, the board (and everyone else at the club) do indeed deserve our utmost respect, backing and, last but not least, our thanks.

Well said Large.

• Options
    Yep @bigstemarra I bet there were a real shortage of volunteers offering to fly out to Vegas !
  • Options

I have to say, the board are once again playing a blinder and they deserve massive credit.

Does that mean that someone from CAFC actually flew out there, sold the club to him and clinched the deal like some sort of Addick superhero?

If this sort of thing is happening then it is staggeringly impressive.  It shows that we have a really shrewd bunch in our boardroom that know exactly when to act and don't hesitate when they know the time is right to go in for the kill.  I must say, I really like their style.

They have identified some of the brightest prospects in our league and fended off other attractive clubs, even those in the division above, to get their men.  They have been spending cash, but not in a remotely conspicuous way (long may it stay that way - I hope that all the rest of our signings are for 'undisclosed fees'; it's surely the only sensible way to do it) - witness how the Sheff Weds fans were incredulous at our transfer coups as they all assumed we didn't have a pot to do the proverbial in.

We can be confident that we have people at the club who know exactly what they are doing and how to go about it in the right way.  As a result, all Charlton fans now cannot be anything but happy and confident about the coming season.   For all this, the board (and everyone else at the club) do indeed deserve our utmost respect, backing and, last but not least, our thanks.

Well said Large.

I said it last week and i stick by it, I was told by a director at daggenham that we were in the usa talking to danny green, at the same time as i was sitting in the board room at daggers, we aint a tinpot outfit, these boys know what their doing and know how to close the deal

theres more to come and then its down  to powelly and us to show we mean business

• Options

CAFC....making you offers that you cannot refuse ;-)

• Options

Seriously, though, AFKA, if that's what actually happened in the Danny Green transfer saga - I can only think that all the fans of the other clubs who were in for him are sitting there, fuming, thinking 'I wish our club had done that!'

I'm just glad that we are now the sort of club that would consider doing something like that if they think that it is necessary.

• Options

Cheers NLA - I remember when you told us about it, and that's when I started to think that things are really changing for the better for our club....

....you've got to admit, Rodney, it's more like an SAS operation than that lot; we just go in there do the business and wallop!  another signing for the super Addicks!

Who dares wins ;)

• Options
    Just remember Norwich - they did a big rebuilding in close season and got thumped 7-1 by Colchester first game. Walked the league at the end of the season once they'd all gelled
  • Options
    We went out there closed the deal wasted no time in getting the next target and continued in that vein, I tell you now if I was semedo I would worry no offer on the table yet that he has really thought takes his eye, midfield shorned up not many spaces left bar centre half,

If I was a player contacted by charlton now and I thought I'd see whats on offer elsewhere I would play my hand differently,

It's target ,offer,approach,negotiate deal or move on to next one

No messing around

It was said when I stated what I was told that it gave someone a real smile if I thought charlton were acting like that in div 3

We seem to have changed a great deal, we don't comment on who we want we just go out there and get it
  • Options
    Now all we have to be is patient ..... hmmmmmm