Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cricket

england on verge of getting to final

surprisingly doing ok now against new zealand 232 - 8

Comments

• Options
    Looking good. Run rate required 11+ and they're only hitting under 5 per over....
  • Options
    38 required from 18 balls...
  • Options
    yeah good bowling figures at last from Freddie, there aiint no point having him as captain!
  • Options
    They'll get battered in the Final anyway.....LOL
  • Options
    i left home this morning and they required a rate of 5 to win! in the time i was travelling things must have gone severely wrong for em! hurrah!

they're now discussing if the england team would have preferred to go home and be home by thursday rather than make the final!
    how ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    Needed to win a couple of games to get some sort of confidence before the world cup. They way they were playing I would have fancied Canada to give us a run for our money.
  • Options
    It's a waste of time us being there for this final. I mean, have you seen the final table for this current three-way tournament?

Seriously, after the battering they've taken on this tour they'd have been better off coming home, seeing the family etc, and recharging the batteries a bit before going off to the World Cup. I mean, professional sportsmen or not - would any of you fancy being away from home for months on end living out of a suitcase? I can imagine it loses it's appeal after a while - particularly if you're getting stuffed every match!!!
  • Options
    but you should be proud and determined to do better and play for your country!
  • Options
    If this lot had lost the last two games of this tournament they would have gone home to a media mullering - there would have been no relaxing with the family. It's better they have pulled something from this tour and can go home with a bit of pride and a something to hang our world cup hopes on - however, small.
  • Options
    i am with 1905, imagine if we beat them convicts in the final, it will make a mockery of the league thingy that they pissed! It would be a great confidence booster, espesh when they no they have KP coming back by world cup time! better than losing today and coming home to, as 1905 says, a roasting by the Media. They wouldnt of wanted to lose this! And also off it, they have been there 3 months already, another couple of days should not make a difference imo, they get paid enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A 'roasting' from the Media eh MCS. Don't think any of them deserve that :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]but you should be proud and determined to do better and play for your country!

I think the word "should" is key to that sentence. In my view, of course you should. Thing is, I ain't seen much "pride" from that lot this tour. Yeah, they've been a bit unlucky with injuries etc and they have been up against a fantastic team, but the collective arsehole appears to have gone missing far too regularly for their "performances" to be classed as anything other than ..... well ...... shit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]but you should be proud and determined to do better and play for your country!

I think the word "should" is key to that sentence. In my view, of course you should. Thing is, I ain't seen much "pride" from that lot this tour. Yeah, they've been a bit unlucky with injuries etc and they have been up against a fantastic team, but the collective arsehole appears to have gone missing far too regularly for their "performances" to be classed as anything other than ..... well ...... shit!

bit of a change of subject but wish the under 21s were playing in london tonight, i'd go to that.
    reading about pearce getting excited pulling on the training tracksuit to take charge of the under 21's was inspiring

don't think some of the senior team feel like that about the shirt.
  • Options
    I'm sure there are some Suzi. Can't think of who off the top of my head, but am sure there are.

John Terry? Gary Neville maybe? Oh, and I bet Jermain Defoe just lives and breathes for the buzz he gets out of playing for his country - so much so that I bet he doesn't even claim his fee. Hmmm ...... maybe not on that last one!