Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hop Farm 2011

Anyone else from here making the long trek to Paddock Wood to see Mr Reed and some others.

Looking forward to Bluetones and Patti Smith's acoustic set.

Comments

• Options
    Given up on the roofer thread, Henry?

;o)
  • Options
    Les Reed?
  • Options
    Was interested - right up to the point when I read the ticket costs.
  • Options
    I am there on Friday for the Eagles
  • Options
    I'm going Friday as well.  Not sure about the Eagles as lover the very early stuff but not the Hotel California bits.
  • Options
    Was interested - right up to the point when I read the ticket costs.
    ditto
  • Options

I live bout 2-3 miles away - once again wont be going - shit line up esp at that ticket price but then again its a festival aimed at the 40+ who have bit more dollar behind them to waste reminiscing about the past.

For a festival that was formed to be anti corporate lack of sponsers etc its an absolute rip off

and why not at least have one tent/arena/stage with local bands on??

• Options
    To be fair, £130 for a one-off, 3 day event isn't really that bad. Been known to do that in an evening and all i had to show for it was puke on my shirt and piss on my shoes.
  • Options

its a festival aimed at the 40+ who have bit more dollar behind them

Yep, sounds good to me.
  • Options
    To be fair, £130 for a one-off, 3 day event isn't really that bad. Been known to do that in an evening and all i had to show for it was puke on my shirt and piss on my shoes.
    Tango, you're not one of my ex birds are you? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its when you have piss on your shirt and puke on your shoes you have had a good night ;-)
  • Options

Surely if you go to a festival you also have to pay for enough booze that you end up with puke and piss on you as well.

• Options

Surely if you go to a festival you also have to pay for enough booze that you end up with puke and piss on you as well.

Yeah, but i'm so much more lightweight these days and capable of saying those immortal words unknown to anyone under 30, "I've had enough now".
  • Options

2009 had the best line up of any festival I can think of for a very long time. 

I would thoroughly recommend going and I would be were I not preoccupied with getting to Germany for the Haye fight

• Options

2009 had the best line up of any festival I can think of for a very long time. 

I would thoroughly recommend going and I would be were I not preoccupied with getting to Germany for the Haye fight

You taking on the winner Carts ?
  • Options

I wouldn't take either of them on with a baseball bat!

• Options
    Going to see Morrissey on the Saturday. Was gonna camp overnight then watch Prince, but it's far too expensive.
  • Options
    Went a few years ago to see Neil Young and the sound system was awful! The wind seemed to blow the sound away so we left early.
  • Options

I shall be sitting in my back garden listening to it. Pool up, BBQ on and cold beers from the fridge.

And I won't have to queue for the karsey.

• Options
    Queues for urinals non-existant

All very civilised and I was surprise how many younger people there were there. Presumably for Brandon Flowers and the Human League etc rather than Ferry and the Eagles.

Ferry was OK, Did Tom Thum Blue, All along the watch tower (Dylan),  What Goes on (Velvets) and Hurricane (N Young).  Let's Stick together was my stand out.

Eagles sound like the albums which is OK when it's the first two albums.  Not interested in your solo stuff other than Joe Walsh.  Great Encore of Take it Easy, Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado made up for the other rubbish.

Lou and Patti today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think we must be chalk & cheese Henry old boy. One of my all time favourite albums is Hotel Califonia, although I think the title track is one of the weaker songs and massivly outdone by The Last Resort.

Their solo stuff also probably outranks some of their group stuff (Don Henly esp - try listening to The End of the Innocence or Glenn Fry's 80's hits) and their albulms since re-forming ahven't been too bad either.

• Options
    I went Friday night mainly to see the Eagles, who were very good, but I thought 10cc were pretty good despite the power cut! Brandon Flowers was pretty decent too, all in all I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the bar profits will be up from our groups drinking habits for sure...
  • Options
    Prefer the country sound.  Their later stuff was too soft rock for me.

Saturday night was good.  Patti Smith was fantastic, shame they only gave her 30 minutes.  Lou Reed was at his grumpy worst.  He was moaning at the band and crew all the time. First date of a European tour and he clearly wasn't happy but some strange song choices too.  Femme Fatale is a great song but not when you sing it Lou.  Small Town and a great version of Sweet Jane saved the set.

Iggy really put on a show.   High tempo and very tight band (complete opposite of Reed).  

Manu Chanura la ventura (sp) were an eye opener in the big tent.  Strange mix of reggae, spanish, rock, punk but really got the crowd going.
  • Options
    It's really cool to say you don't like bands or acts commercial/well known hits and then quote obscure album tracks that you've obviously looked up on Wicki. Really cool.
  • Options
    It's really cool to say you don't like bands or acts commercial/well known hits and then quote obscure album tracks that you've obviously looked up on Wicki. Really cool.
    Oh, you're so controversial.

• Options
    My son went on Saturday ... said that Iggy was superb
  • Options
    My son went on Saturday ... said that Iggy was superb
    Why didn't come up and say hello?  : - )

Yeah, he was great and I'm not even a huge Stooges fan.   Ran on and launched straight into Raw Power and then Search and Destroy.

What did he think of Patti and Lou.
  • Options

He didn't see you ... you should have worn the cardigan ;-)

He thought Patti was great but disappointed in Lou Reed ... pity as I had told him how good Reed would be ... oh well, times change.

• Options

He didn't see you ... you should have worn the cardigan ;-)

He thought Patti was great but disappointed in Lou Reed ... pity as I had told him how good Reed would be ... oh well, times change.

Same as me then.  Still, I can always listen to the albums.