Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you've only recently discovered that have shocked/annoyed/disappointed/pleased you

edited June 2011 in Not Sports Related
Been married nearly 12 years, just learnt that my missus has two teeth missing.

Comments

• i bet it was the front ones?
  • I'm guessing that pleased you rather than shocked/annoyed/dissapointed you :D
  • i bet it was the front ones?
    Ha, no, she's not from the Isle of Sheppey.
  • I'm guessing that pleased you rather than shocked/annoyed/dissapointed you :D
    Shocked at first but it hasn't affected our relationship. So yes, sort of pleased now.
  • Killing time in my local library, I discovered that Brazil sent 25,000 troops to fight alongside the allies in the Mediterranean Theatre of WW2. They took 20,000 axis soldiers prisoner. Photos in the library were amazing.
    I knew about their Navy working the Atlantic, but never knew they fought land battles.
  • In 1991, following Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, the Irish sent 2000 troops out to the Gulf.

The Mexicans didn't know what to do with them.

gets coat
  • I found out that the late great Gill Scott Heron was the voice in the old Tango ads: 'You know when you've been Tangoed!' Absolutely straight-up serious.
  • ive not long been using flushable wet wipes for when ive finished doing no.2's, fresh as a daisy everytime, dont know why ive not done this sooner. (this comes under the "pleased you" section) which it does!
  • Been married nearly 12 years, just learnt that my missus has two teeth missing.
    Lucky it wasn't both her legs missing.

You'd never have known, Macro.

;o)

• Found out the other day that my local is now doing scrumpy on hand pump as an alternative to the colc, fizzy keg stuff. Well pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• hugh heffner loves a bit of Crystal Harris - shocked, annoyed, dissapointed and pleased all in equal measures.
  • Had a briefing to fing our department will no longer be around so worried about the job YET AGAIN
  • I was delighted when I found out that the sticky back plastic referred to in Blue Peter was in fact Sellotape.

disapointed that I was 38 when I found it out.

• I was delighted when I found out that the sticky back plastic referred to in Blue Peter was in fact Sellotape.

THankS for telling Me that, I nEver knew That.

Singed

TcE aGeD

53 ANd 1/2

• hugh heffner loves a bit of Crystal Harris - shocked, annoyed, dissapointed and pleased all in equal measures.
    Ah, Crystal Harris ......don't you miss beating the Nigels?
  • Finding the teeth of Macronate's wife in my pocket was both a shock and dispointed as I thought I had some money in there. Out of interest, does the tooth fairy pay up on other people's teeth?

Except its not, sellotape is small thin strip of tape, sticky back plastic is big sheet of plastic, with a sticky back, obviously.

Sellotape was reffered to as sticky tape.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peter

• A woman juror got 8 months for contacting someone on her trial on fb. This shocked and annoyed me cos while it was a stupid thing to do, no one chooses to go on jury service, you are forced, and the trial was over. The world's gone mad
  • The trial wasn't over when she contacted her? Gotta say JaShea99 if you have read exactly what happened I think that woman was effing stupid and she deserves to be inside. I've never done jury service but I'm pretty sure when you do get called up they make it pretty clear that it's all confidential and clearly you can't do anything which would result in contempt of court or jeopardise your impartiality. So she knew what she was doing was wrong.

We wouldn't have much of a judicial system without juries, or if people just fraternised with defendants as and when they fancied during trials.
  • I think that you will find that SHE was the reason the trial was over....

So after she had been told for the 10th time that she could cause the trial to collapse at the cost of millions of pounds to the taxpayer if she did contacted any of the accused.....

...she went and did it anyway.

Keep her in prison for life - someone that stupid will be a danger to others as well as themselves!

• Sponsored links:

• I did jury service in 88, way before facebook etc, but even so you are told repeatedly about the confidentiality of the jury room. Judges now expressly tell jurors not to discuss their cases on facebook and so for this woman to contact one of the defendants was unbelivably stupid and deserving of a couple of months in the slammer, which will hopefully send a message out to future jurors not to be so bleeding stupid.

• shocked/annoyed/disappointed at the moment as just split up with girlfriend of 3 years on friday.
    One week of not talking feels like an eternity.
    Sad times but life goes on
  • I only recently discovered that Virgina Wade has actually won 3 Grand Slam titles and not just Wimbledon in 1977 as I always thought. She won the US Open in 1968 defeating the great Billie Jean King and the Australian Open in 1972 where she beat Evonne Goolagong. Both wins were in straght sets.

Good on ya Ginny!

• That we are mortal
  • Reading the transcript of the conversations in the papers, she knew she would get into big trouble if it got out so deserved everything she got - stupid woman and perveting justice is and should be a serious offence.
  • I found out that the late great Gill Scott Heron was the voice in the old Tango ads: 'You know when you've been Tangoed!' Absolutely straight-up serious.
    And Ray Wilkins was the commentator, "Little Napoleon's nipped in there with his big orange hand".
  • Hope things get better for you, Tom....
  • Nick Lowe is 61 and still has a wonderful voice, and a new CD in September
    http://yeproc.com/news.php?articleId=7375

Falls in the pleased me category
  • Hope things get better for you, Tom....
    Thanks mate, appreciate that.
  • edited June 2011
    Shocked to hear that this kid could face up to 8 years in prison for an innocent prank