Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open

Monster of a Golf course at Congressional and the widest open Major for years. Got a couple of shillings on Adam Scott at 50/1 as the course might suit him. 

Comments

• Options
    I am on Westwood at 18/1.  Good chance, assuming he drives the ball well.

Each way on Hunter Mahan & Steve Stricker although as long as it isn't Kuchar I don't really care.
  • Options
    Kaymer, e.w. @ 28/1
  • Options
    adam scot at 50's is a good shout, i done tenna e/w on bubba watson @ 50's, dont think he'll win but could shout for a top 7 (e/w covers up to this)
  • Options
    It is amazing and i always love to see US open because there are many good players come to see in and its fantastic.
  • Options
    I am on Ogilvy and Mannasero (+4 and +3 respectively), really hope Mcilroy does it though!
  • Options
    I don't care who wins it just as long as he is English and his first name is ...  LEE, Ian, Luke, Justin   get my drift ?
  • Options
    Would love to see Sergio do it - but wont happen, his putting will fall apart as usual. Got to want McIlroy to win, especially after the masters. I think Donald and Westwood are still in contention, as is McDowell. Anyone but Mickelson - can't stand the prick
  • Options
    Whats wrong with Mickelson?OK he is American, but always comes across well in interviews, always plays the game with a smile on his face, not to mention he is a fantastic player!! What is there not to like about him!?
  • Options
    Mickelson is the one American golfer that i do like,for the reasons that cafc_se7 has stated. Now, Boo Weekly,JB Holmes,Anthony Kim and the rest of the 'get in the hole' crew are the ones that i cannot stand,just come across as totally obnoxious pricks,theres no humility in any of them.
  • Options
    Whats wrong with Mickelson?OK he is American, but always comes across well in interviews, always plays the game with a smile on his face, not to mention he is a fantastic player!! What is there not to like about him!?
    That shit-eating grin makes me ill. His 'aw shucks' routine is the most patently false thing I've ever seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I am hoping it rains on Saturday rory is already 5ive shows clear at 8 under par
  • Options
    His grin makes him look a simpleton and he looks like my brother's mother-in-law, who is an interfering old witch.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Fair enough, each to their own i suppose!However, If you have been or ever do go to the British Open, your opinion of Phil may change. A couple of years ago went to the British Open at Turnberry to watch a couple of the practice days. Of course these are quite relaxed days but the ropes are still up. Phil Mickelson called a group of about 10 kids (which turned to 20 soon after) to walk down the fairway with him as he signed programmes, hats, shirts etc..

For the record...I saw no other player do that in the three days which I was up there!

Considering at that moment in time, Phil was going through the terrible trauma of his wife having cancer, I think you can say he is in fact quite the gentleman!

• Options

I believe the nickname given to him by his peers is "Figjam", make of that what you will...
  • Options

That to me screams out the word jealousy!If Mickelson is called that, god knows what Tiger is called!

• Options

That to me screams out the word jealousy!If Mickelson is called that, god knows what Tiger is called!

Shagger?
  • Options
    Maybe, who knows!Nobody is perfect, and so what if Phil thinks he is brillian?!He is an idol who brings amazement and enjoyment to many in the world. And as far as Im aware is a perfect role model to all young golfers out there. Although we have heard that all before...
  • Options

Back at the US Open, McllRoy is now 7 clear at -10.

For his own sake, I hope he wins it now.

• Options
    Aslong as he doesnt completely blow out ala Masters!Easier said than done though. Many people said he was due a major this year...and boy is he giving it a shot!
  • Options
    -11...8 ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible - a NINE shot lead now. Outrageous.
  • Options
    McIlroy is on fire!
  • Options

What are his odds now ?

Dont forget a lot have not started their 2nd round yet.

• Options
    Another birdie, 10 ahead.
  • Options
    TEN shots ahead! Never seen anything like it. Tough course as well - can't see anyone pulling that back. The only one that can beat him now is himself.
  • Options
    He's human after all. In the drink on the 18th.
  • Options
    8 clear after 36 though Y E Yang teeing off within the hour

Even if Yang puts in a solid under par round Rory could still be around 5 clear overnight

Really hope he does it
  • Options

First man EVER to get to -13 in a US Open.

just hope he goes on to win it.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't think I've ever wanted an individual sportsman to win something so much as I did Rory this week.

After his sportsmanship post-Augusta, nice guys don't always finish last! Sensational!
  • Options
    Astonishing performance. Total, utter decimation of a quality field. Get in!