Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite stand up comedian?

Comments

• Chris Ramsey on Celeb Juice is the worst on it. Fern Cotton is funnier than him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    Unfunny Try-hard Grinning Geordie Twat.
  • Chris Ramsey on Celeb Juice is the worst on it. Fern Cotton is funnier than him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that I've said it before and I'll say it again

I've said it before and I'll say it again that I've said it before and I'll say it again
    And I've said... Oh, hang on, no I haven't.
  • Glad to see I'm not alone :)
  • Getting QPR relegated and he ain't funny either.

Not having a great year so far ;)
  • at an industry awards dinner tonight where Marcus Brigstocke is the comedian/compare
  • I like the guy on 8 out of 10 cats but can never remember his name. Reminds me of a modern day Jack Dee.
  • I like the guy on 8 out of 10 cats but can never remember his name. Reminds me of a modern day Jack Dee.

Jon Richardson.
  • Not a big fan of his, but been listening to some old Richard herring podcasts recently, he interviews other comedians and celebs, quite funny, the Danny baker one is good.
  • Dave Allen although not strictly a stand-up comedian, he used to sit on a stool
  • Sponsored links:

Jon Richardson.
    I like him on that then someone bought me his stand up and it was actually depressing.
  • -Jim Davidson
    -Lee Mack
    -Rob Beckett
    -Jimmy Carr
  • Talal said:

Chris Ramsey. Did a show based on the time he got kicked off Soccer AM for swearing.
    Will be looking out for his next tour and booking immediately.

This is tongue in cheek isn't it, one of the least funny humans around.
    But as you stated you don't actually like stand up Talal, you're probably not the ideal judge really mate... :smile:

Chris Ramsey on Celeb Juice is the worst on it. Fern Cotton is funnier than him.

Must be different when it comes to his own show. All the reviews were really good and I have to admit I don't see that much stand-up. I nearly took the next day off work after the show my sides were still aching.

He must have been shit then - I just witnessed the two hours of good bits.
    Each to his own, eh?

really unfair on jack dee imo.
  • I saw jerry seinfield live he was hilarious, as is larry david. Kevin bridges and frankie boyle (most of the time) are great.

Can't stand rob beckett, how people find him funny I will never know, embarrassing to watch.

American comedian Mitch Hedberg is quality, worth checking out if you haven't seen some of his stuff, died very young unfortunately.
  • Miranda

Each to his own, eh?
    Given that Sean Lock is good on a panel show but poor doing stand up (imo), then suppose there's no reason it couldn't be the other way round for Ramsey. Glad you enjoyed it though, I genuinely wish I could laugh more easily.
  • I saw Sean Lock in The Orchard Theatre a few years ago, I thought he was exceptional!
  • Rob Beckett was hilarious at a comedy charity gig in January.

As was Adam Buxton. Genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Really got into Stewart Lee after his last Comedy Vehicle series, saw him at the Greenwich Comedy Festival last summer.

His wife is pretty funny.

Chris Ramsey on Celeb Juice is the worst on it. Fern Cotton is funnier than him.

Each to his own, eh?
    Lucky you. Or maybe he's brilliant and I'm just unfortunate that I've never seen him be remotely funny.
    Or, just yes, each to his own.
  • edited March 2015

Each to his own, eh?
    Lucky you. Or maybe he's brilliant and I'm just unfortunate that I've never seen him be remotely funny.
    Or, just yes, each to his own.
    Yep.
    Just sharing what I saw though. As Talal said, perhaps some comedians do their own stand-up better than trying to act funny on TV or vice-versa.
    I only went to see him based on reviews, which were great. That's my review over and done with. Except to say the show was called The Most Dangerous Man On Saturday Morning Television. I'll definitely risk my hard earned cash on his next tour and possibly avoid his TV appearances.
  • Anyway......
    Milton Jones was terrific.
    Most I've laughed for a few years, my sides actually hurt this morning ('tho that might have also been down to running to the Holly Tree after as well).
    Recommended. Absolutely superb.
    (Milton, and the pub).
  • Anyway......
    Most I've laughed for a few years, my sides actually hurt this morning ('tho that might have also been down to running to the Holly Tree after as well).
    (Milton, and the pub).

Glad you enjoyed it MOG. I think he's great on the box normally so maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind or something.
  • Anyway......
    (Milton, and the pub).

Hey Mog, was that the one at Catford on Wednesday? I really enjoyed it too. I love the way he packs so many quickfire gags in, though a few of them were a bit like the jokes from The Beano my son tells me.

Mark of good improviser that he was asking for subjects and making up gags at the end. Two hour show that just whizzed by.

• edited March 2015
    I saw Carey Marx last night at the Frog & Bucket in Manchester. Was pretty good - very good in places. The second comedian on, however (Mike Milling) was just awful. I have never seen a comedian die that badly in my life. What makes someone that patently unfunny think he can make people laugh?
  • I saw Milton Jones in vauxhall a few mornings back, looked like he was doing the walk of shame and suspiciously near the vauxhall tavern?????
  • I'm the same with Ricky Gervais, Love the office and extras, hate his stand up.
  • NOT Lenny Henry or Russell Brand