Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite stand up comedian?

Comments

• Saw henning wehn last week at Leicester sq theatre. V funny.

Going to see Kevin bridges 'work in progress' next week for £10 each. Tony theatre in islington. Prep for his big shows coming up in the next couple of months.

Worth signing up to Leicester square theatre and the one in islington as loads of the popular comedians do trials of their new tours on small audiences and they are cheap and very funny!

Going to see Kevin bridges 'work in progress' next week for £10 each. Tony theatre in islington. Prep for his big shows coming up in the next couple of months.

Worth signing up to Leicester square theatre and the one in islington as loads of the popular comedians do trials of their new tours on small audiences and they are cheap and very funny!

I went to Henning's openning night at Leicester Sq. Very funny. Loved the fact that he does his own warm up.

• Saw Lee nelson do an act as an unnamed guest at the comedy store... Warm up for a new tour I guess. Hilarious... Which surprised me as I normally find him as funny as cystitis.

Got rich hall tickets for next month... Now he truly is the funniest man alive
  • McBobbin said:

Saw Lee nelson do an act as an unnamed guest at the comedy store... Warm up for a new tour I guess. Hilarious... Which surprised me as I normally find him as funny as cystitis.

Got rich hall tickets for next month... Now he truly is the second funniest man alive after brogib

• Seen Terry Alderton quite a few times at the Comedy Store and the last time about 3 years ago at the Lowry, Salford Quays, where he was doing a try out before a tour. He is just hilarious live and now he's finished with Eastenders he should be back on the circuit.
  • edited March 2015
    Think I must be one of only a few people that doesn't like stand up. Just rarely makes me laugh. Watched some of Sean Lock on tv a while back thinking it would be good (like him on cats) but it was awful.
  • McBobbin said:

Saw Lee nelson do an act as an unnamed guest at the comedy store... Warm up for a new tour I guess. Hilarious... Which surprised me as I normally find him as funny as cystitis.

Is Rich Hall still doing half a set stand up and half a set as Otis Lee Crenshaw? Saw him in Dartford 2-3 years ago and he was brilliant.

• Bob Hope and Tommy Cooper
  • Anyone going to see Milton Jones in Catford tomorrow (Weds 11th March) ?

I saw him in Bromley last month. If I'm honest I was somewhat disappointed.
    I found him amusing, but not really funny. He was ok, but I wouldn't see him again.
    Sorry to be a party pooper.
  • McBobbin said:

Is Rich Hall still doing half a set stand up and half a set as Otis Lee Crenshaw? Saw him in Dartford 2-3 years ago and he was brilliant.

Not sure, but I saw that tour and it was genius. I'd be more than happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Think I must be one of only a few people that doesn't like stand up. Just rarely makes me laugh. Watched some of Sean Lock on tv a while back thinking it would be good (like him on cats) but it was awful.

Same here, went to see him at Dartford on the strength of some TV stuff and it 20 minutes before I raised a smile. :neutral:

Similar story. Saw Henning Wehn do a warm up show in an upstairs room of a pub in Clerkenwell. Seeing Kevin Bridges do a similar show at the Trinity Theatre in Tunbridge Wells shortly. Many comedians do these types of shows.
  • Jim smalling beats them All
    A natural funny guy
  • Went to the 99 club in Leicester sq last week. MC was Rick Kiesewetter - pretty funny

Roisin Conraty - just not funny
    Phil Wang - hilarious. Very dry humour from a very young guy. Think he'll go far
    Forgot the last guys name because I was hammered by then but he was superb too
  • edited March 2015

Anyone going to see Milton Jones in Catford tomorrow (Weds 11th March) ?

I saw him month and would probably agree with Covered End. Quite clever and made me chuckle all the way through but didn't leave me (or most of the audience tbh) in stitches. Be interested to see what you think but not sure the 'theme' of the show was strong enough. Enjoy it though!
  • I think Sean Lock is much funnier on panel shows than he is when doing stand-up.

Saw Milton Jones a while back, he did the first half of the show as his own grandfather. Lots of brilliant jokes, the only problem is you can't remember many of them afterwards.
  • Chris Ramsey. Did a show based on the time he got kicked off Soccer AM for swearing.
    Will be looking out for his next tour and booking immediately.
  • Louis CK. No contest.
  • Really got into Stewart Lee after his last Comedy Vehicle series, saw him at the Greenwich Comedy Festival last summer.
    My current favourite though is defo Kevin Bridges, simply brilliant.
  • Chris Ramsey. Did a show based on the time he got kicked off Soccer AM for swearing.

This is tongue in cheek isn't it, one of the least funny humans around.
  • Sponsored links:

• These days Peter Kaye, good clean humour. Used to be Bob Monkhouse, very clever, witty, great presentation. Locked in a room with Lee Evans would probably be the end for me (or him ).
  • Talal said:

Chris Ramsey. Did a show based on the time he got kicked off Soccer AM for swearing.

But as you stated you don't actually like stand up Talal, you're probably not the ideal judge really mate... :smile:
  • Riviera said:

Really got into Stewart Lee after his last Comedy Vehicle series, saw him at the Greenwich Comedy Festival last summer.
    My current favourite though is defo Kevin Bridges, simply brilliant.

Stewart Lee just gets better and better - as you suggest Riv, the last series of Comedy Vehicle was brilliant. I also agree that Kevin Bridges is very talented and funny.
  • Talal said:

Chris Ramsey. Did a show based on the time he got kicked off Soccer AM for swearing.

But as you stated you don't actually like stand up Talal, you're probably not the ideal judge really mate... :smile:
    True but he's not funny on panel shows, that comedy show he did, and anywhere else I've ever had the misfortune of listening to him.
  • Got tickets for channel 4s comedy gala through my work at greenwich council.. It's a decent line up!
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

True but he's not funny on panel shows, that comedy show he did, and anywhere else I've ever had the misfortune of listening to him.
    I loved Hebburn! Still, takes all sorts to make a world and all that...
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

I loved Hebburn! Still, takes all sorts to make a world and all that...
    Yeah :) someone on here asked if I was MOG in disguise the other day, maybe I should change my username to miserable young git.
  • Loved Eddie Izzard when he started out, and recent stuff by Frankie Boyle and Danny Bhoy have had me in stitches.
  • Chris Ramsey on Celeb Juice is the worst on it. Fern Cotton is funnier than him.