Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favorite stand up comedian?

Comments

• Options
    James Acaster, is on Mock The Week, quite often.

I'm glad you had a good time.
  • Options
    Marc Maron (TV series "Maron", film bit parts, and many weekly "WTF with Marc Maron" podcasts, plus of course, a long stand-up history.)
  • Options
    Jim Eoin. Hilarious
  • Options
    Green Day said:

michael mcintyre uses no foul language

F*** 'im, then.

• Options
    I am liking the Nick Helm BBC3 programme.
  • Options
    CHG said:

I am liking the Nick Helm BBC3 programme.

Do you like jokes?
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited July 2015
    Ha ha. Just say you like jokes. Like his rants, the Gordan Ramsey sketch had me cracking up.
  • Options
    Anyone seen John Kearns live.
    I've seen him a couple of times on TV and he really tickles me.
  • Options
    Nish Kumar.
  • Options
    Joey Coco Diaz cock suckers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ken Dodd
    Victoria Wood
  • Options
    Saw Kerry Godliman at the Greenwich Comedy Festival on Friday. Didn't realise how good she is.
  • Options
    Bill Hicks (did I mention I played a frame of snooker with the great man?)

Dave Allen
  • Options
    Ted Ray
  • Options
    Tommy Cooper......no contest!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Once you've seen most standups once you've seen their whole act as very few really develop. The majority of them now just see it as a path to getting on a crappy panel show.

I thought Dave Allen was excellent when I saw him and in terms of shock value Jerry Sadowitz was ahead of his time.
  • Options
    For those interested, I think Jerry Seinfeld has a new stand up show on Netflix in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

• Options
    Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

Seeing him in Stoke next Friday.
  • Options
    Bill Hicks (did I mention I played a frame of snooker with the great man?) Dave Allen
    In his latter days Dave Allen sat down so doesnt really count.....😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    bobmunro said:

2 warm up acts before hand
    Miltons Grandad who suspiciously looks and sounds like Milton lol
    And some comedian called Tom Houghton who was quite funny, his dad is this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Houghton
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Haven't read previous ten pages but Henning Wehn is my current favourite. Who said Germans don't have a sense of humour. Once employed Ronnie Corbett for a corporate gig. Very funny man and down to earth. Richard Herring very dry if it is the guy I'm thinking of.
  • Options

I thought he was ok until I saw him do the ‘work in progress’ version of this show last year at a small venue in Tunbridge Wells. After that, I reappraised him as outstanding and saw the show at the big theatre in Tunbridge Wells a couple of weeks ago - he didn’t disappoint.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Haven't read previous ten pages but Henning Wehn is my current favourite. Who said Germans don't have a sense of humour. Once employed Ronnie Corbett for a corporate gig. Very funny man and down to earth. Richard Herring very dry if it is the guy I'm thinking of.
    Henning is superb. He often does warm up shows at The Betsy Trotwood pub in Farringdon in front of an audience of about 70-80. Well worth seeing besides his main shows. Interestingly, he came to the UK as marketing manager of Wycombe Wanderers and just started doing comedy at open mike nights in England.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    bobmunro said:

2 warm up acts before hand
    Miltons Grandad who suspiciously looks and sounds like Milton lol
    And some comedian called Tom Houghton who was quite funny, his dad is this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Houghton

Can't believe you didn't mention the cheer when Charlton was mentioned and Milton's response?   
  • Options

I thought he was ok until I saw him do the ‘work in progress’ version of this show last year at a small venue in Tunbridge Wells. After that, I reappraised him as outstanding and saw the show at the big theatre in Tunbridge Wells a couple of weeks ago - he didn’t disappoint.
    I saw Milton years ago do a 15 minute set at the Comedy Store in Manchester. I was still laughing at the previous gag when he was half way through the next one. Hilarious.

Then the second half was all Terry Alderton who is as mad as a box of frogs and one of the best in the business.
  • Options
    I’m finding Joe Lycett very amusing. His spoof email exchanges with various scammers are very clever. 
  • Options

how was it?
  • Options
    Been watching a lot of Would I lie To You and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown one YouTube, reminds me how funny Henning Wehn is. James Ancastor has grown on me an all.

Still don't think Lee Mack can be beaten for razor sharp wit though
  • Options
    I saw Milton Jones at Bromley a couple of years ago.
    His one liners are very very clever and funny, but I found that after about an hour, I was getting a bit bored and wished he could have a bit of variation.

We're seeing Jack Dee at Bromley next Sunday.