Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin Bodenham

Just heard the name mentioned on the T20 match on Sky 2 and thought, "hang on, I remember that name".

Turns out it is the same bloke I was thinking of - first man to officiate at top flight football and cricket. Geezer clearly just loves being in charge and telling others what to do!

Comments

• Just heard the name mentioned on the T20 match on Sky 2 and thought, "hang on, I remember that name".

Turns out it is the same bloke I was thinking of - first man to officiate at top flight football and cricket. Geezer clearly just loves being in charge and telling others what to do!

Watching it now. Didn't realise that.

• Awful ref. Ex Copper weren't he?
  • I remember him being one of those "Oh no!" refs when you saw his name in the proggy. This is probably more his game - he don't have to run and he gets the benefit of TV replays.
  • Isn't he the escaped/missing Nazi?
  • I thought it was a pint of ale but on seconds I'll go with Cordoban.  Or maybe a mixture of the two. 
  • One of the worst referees ever in the 80's along with K Milton

I'll take your Martin Bodenham and raise you Gurnam Singh and Kelvin Morton.
  • Alf Busch
  • Gurnam Singh has a Charlton tattoo :-)
  • Roger Milford was always one of my favourites, for a couple of reasons;

1. He was the ref in the 9 second Jimmy Melrose West Ham away game; and

2. That tan/perm - pure 80's!
  • Sponsored links:

• I am sure that we were roger milfords last match he was to ref professionally. I seem remember him getting a standing ovation at the end and someone threw a charlton teddy on the pitch that he held up above his head and walked towards the porter cabins
  • Watch the way Bodenham signals a boundary 4 - so camp 

I'll take your Martin Bodenham and raise you Gurnam Singh and Kelvin Morton.

Singh was ok, but Morton was pure theatre.  Think we were both at the Southend away when he sent off Gatting, Walsh and Curbs?
  • Roger Milford was always one of my favourites, for a couple of reasons;

1. He was the ref in the 9 second Jimmy Melrose West Ham away game; and

2. That tan/perm - pure 80's!

I always like Milford, he seemed a really genuine bloke and did not mind having a laugh with the fans and players, great long-at-the-back perm as well.

My worst referee was that prat in Scotland who booked Gazza for "yellow carding" him. What a chunt.

• Roger Kirkpatrick was always my favourite ref in the 1970's. A midget with an enormous belly and a bald head. He looked like a garden gnome.
  • Didn't Roger Milfs :-) do a little sidestep dance, in the West ham 1-3 melrose's 9 seconds, just before kick off ....
    I've got the Video but no Vhs recorder
  • Didn't Roger Milfs :-) do a little sidestep dance, in the West ham 1-3 melrose's 9 seconds, just before kick off ....
    I've got the Video but no Vhs recorder
    Yes, he did oohahh. He was having "banter".

My copy of that video is up in the loft somewhere but I think I nearly wore it out over the years.