Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sullivan Signs on a Free transfer from Millwall

edited May 2011 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Good signing.....he will put pressure on Robbie for No. 1 slot which is what he (Robbie) needs.
  • Options
    Him for number 1, Elliot to be sold on please, most unfit professional I have ever seen, and it's not just weight, for a Goalkeeper he is constantly straining or knocking something
  • Options
    Excellent, like the bloke a lot, got everything to be a decent keeper
  • Options
    Good signing. I like this keeper.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Pleased with that. Would move Elliot on if some of the figures being banded around are true.
  • Options
    Agree with Clem if we can get a decent six figure fee for Elliot he can move on
  • Options
    Good news, should be Number 1.
  • Options
    Good signing, I like the way we are working early aswell
  • Options
    Good signing, I was hoping we'd bring him in. Impressed with what I saw when he played. 
    Like the way we are trying to put our squad together early. 
  • Options
    Great signing well done Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to say it was refreshing to have a keeper who knew what he wanted his back four to do and told the entire ground and surrounding area about it as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He got a two-year deal, which shows that CP has some real faith in him.

I was expecting a one year 'let's see how you get on' deal.

Good signing.
  • Options
    He looks like a keeper (if you know what I mean) but I have not seen enough of him to think he is the future for us
  • Options
    Didn't think he was anything special but as a young keeper on a free can't moan to much
  • Options
    In shape that helps
  • Options
    ABR
  • Options
    Liked the look of sullivan, I agree elliot should move on, never rated elliot, Always injured, kicking is shocking, overweight and gets beat to easy..
  • Options

Well pleased.

IMO he should be our No 1.

• Options
    Liked the look of sullivan, I agree elliot should move on, never rated elliot, Always injured, kicking is shocking, overweight and gets beat to easy..
    Which is why other, higher placed clubs are interested in him?

Never understood all the Robbie bashing but "Charlton Eyes" I guess.  If he leaves and plays well elsewhere it will be "our coaches were rubbish", " got his act together"  etc etc.

And that's if he leaves. Wouldn't be surprised if Robbie is still first choice come the start of the season.
  • Options
    Like Sullivan, like Robbie too - keep 'em both
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sullivan isn't any better than Robbie in my opinion and I too don't understand all the Robbie bashing.
  • Options

But Large you have to remember, many fans werent pleased with the fact we let go of Randolph who in my opinion is a far better keeper than Elliott!

• Options
    Elliot's kicking is a damn sight better than Sullivan's from what I've seen so far

However, Deano's kicking was pretty shocking and he got away with it
  • Options
    Cant see how saying somebodys kicking is poor or mentioning a weight issue is Robbie bashing,i would like them both to compete for the jersey 
  • Options
    Strange how we're all happy to sign the 3rd choice Millwall keeper on a free!

• Options
    Didn't think he was as good as people have raved about when I've seen him, seemed solid but we'll see how he gets on if he gets a run of games in the team.
  • Options
    Cant see how saying somebodys kicking is poor or mentioning a weight issue is Robbie bashing,i would like them both to compete for the jersey 
    Read the rest of the comments "most unfit professional"  "kicking is shocking" "ABR"  "non-league at best" (not here but previously)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I won't be surprised if robbie is still here at the beginning of the season he's too expensive even if we let him go on a free
    Big mistake not giving randy the no.1 top at the beginning of last season when his end of season form had earned it imo
  • Options
    Sullivan isn't any better than Robbie in my opinion and I too don't understand all the Robbie bashing.
    I don't understand all the Semedo and Racon bashing, maybe it's because they aren't Charlton fans?

Seriously, he is a great reaction keeper, some of his saves have been top drawer but how many times have we seen him pull up and hobble about after taking a goal kick? It happened 4 or 5 times last season at home alone, which is way too many for a first choice goalkeeper. If he is to cement his place as our number 1 choice keeper he really has to get his act together this pre season and work as hard as f*** on his overall fitness. Goal keepers may not need to run 10+km in a match, but they cannot be overweight or unfit, and unfortunately he is both.
  • Options
    Robbie isn't as bad as people say but....

Everyone saw the big difference when Randolph was given the chance at the end of the 09/10 season. The defence looked secure and we were unlucky not to be promoted automatically.

Rob just needs to lighten up the 3 courses for £12.50 Pizza express offers but then he could be another Andy Reid who will never be the "right" size.