Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dave Martin

Talks are on going to get him to us.

Comments

• your source guiness? hope it's true!

•  

I used to play against him on a Sunday. Was a quality player. He is from Plumstead of there abouts i think. Wouldnt mind him causing havoc down our left side!

• Still drinks in the Plume of Feathers in Plumstead when he's back.
  • Still drinks in the Plume of Feathers in Plumstead when he's back.
    Yeah that was the team he played for. Very good team!
  • millwall fans rate him highly at this level,
  • Winger or CM?
  • winger, left.
  • Meant to be a fan but still seemed to enjoy scoring for Millwall against us.  Not sure if I can forgive that : - )

Guinness Addick has a good source in that part of the world I believe so sounds promising.
  • Charlton Fan Aswell
  • Exellent player when I've seem him play,comments from my Millwall mates are that he's a typical winger who Is sometimes exellent and sometimes doesn't get a touch the whole game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully he will be giving his all as he is a Charlton fan.

• Exellent player when I've seem him play,comments from my Millwall mates are that he's a typical winger who Is sometimes exellent and sometimes doesn't get a touch the whole game.
    Reid?
  • edited May 2011

Would be a like for like replacement for Reid I am guessing as a natural left footer . Looked at some Derby Forums and the consensus there is that he has not been given a chance .

Was at Notts County on loan but they have just signed Ishmel Demontagnac . 

• Tony Towner !!!!!!!!!!!!! great for Nillwall total kak for us.
  • Hopefully he will be giving his all as he is a Charlton fan.

On that basis most players don't give their all as they are not playing for the team they support  ... hmmm interesting!!
  • If he's from plumstead, then how comes he's known as Dartford Dave down The Den?  Not that I'm disputing it.
  • He played for dartford
  • If he's from plumstead, then how comes he's known as Dartford Dave down The Den?  Not that I'm disputing it.

He played for Dartford before Palarse.

He played for Dartford before Palarse.

He's pretty good from what I've seen, played well at The Valley if I remember rightly.
  • Would be on a decent contract at Derby. Wouldn't be too dissatisfied if true, though if a decent wage on a left mid happens and callum not far off, it makes you question where jacksons role is seen as being for next season
  • Sponsored links:

• SCP said he see's JJ in centre mid.
  • His Dad / Uncles are from Welling & are all long term Charlton supporters ....as is he ...FACT
  • used to watch him play at dartford,he was a hero down there .would have liked us to sign him when he went to palace.
  • Played with him up at goals in my 5 aside team just before he went palarse.

Got a great left foot on him.

• Was my fav darts player when I used to go down there a fair few times
  • Would be on a decent contract at Derby. Wouldn't be too dissatisfied if true, though if a decent wage on a left mid happens and callum not far off, it makes you question where jacksons role is seen as being for next season

if jackson is still here
  •  

if jackson is still here

I had a similar thought when we signed Hollands who is also a natural left footer . I hope its not the case though , Jackson can play centrally and as we normally play with two right footers then why not play with two lefties .

If we did get Martin then it would give us other different options like Reidy should have done, Jacko would keep things tight on the left and Martin could be played if we needed an out and out wide man .

• Steve Claridge's report on Dave Martin.

A few things to take into account..
    • The report is 2 years old.
    • Claridge does have a tendency to talk crap.
    • It was one game.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/mar/24/david-martin-millwall-scouting-report

• Valuation: £750,000 2 years ago.

Well, according to Claridge.
  • looks a very meek looking man think we need to avoid him