Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our unknown investor

Apologies if this is old news, but there were rumours at the time of the takeover that Kevin Cash (valued at £500m according to the Sunday Times 2011 Rich List) might be one of the minority investors.  This was obviously because of the business links between him and Michael Slater.

I happened to notice this earlier - http://gateway-films.com/gateway-films/ - which seems to also link Tony Jimenez with Cash.  Appreciate that Kevin Cash is not the most uncommon name in the world, but assuming it is the same person it must increase the possibility that he is an investor.

Haven't been on the site for a while, so sorry if this has already been mentioned.  Did do a quick site search!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the post Stevie but yes it's been done to death. Lots of speculation and circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete and traceable. Sure that whoever our mystery backers are it will find it's way into the public domain sooner or later. As for it being Cash ? It's as good a guess as any in my opinion.
  • Options

We've even had photos posted on here of Cash's wedding, with Slater, Jiminez and Dennis Wise in attendance.

I'm confident it's Kevin Cash but we don't know for sure. 

• Options
    Agree with CE and SHG.

Cash seems a more than likely candidate but only because we don't have much else to go on or any other names
  • Options
    Thanks guys, didn't know about the wedding pics!  Looks like we've now got decent circumstantial evidence, which to conspiracy theorists probably constitutes proof!  Guess our activities in the transfer market will give us more clues as to whether we've got serious backing!
  • Options

As has been said many times previously stevietwells, having seriously wealthy backers doesn't mean they're going to use that wealth to make significent investment.

Just take a look at QPR so far!

• Options
    Good point charltonbob, if we ever make it back to the top flight and if I understand correctly the "mystery investor" must show him/herself.
  • Options
    Good point charltonbob, if we ever make it back to the top flight and if I understand correctly the "mystery investor" must show him/herself.
    IF we get back to the promised land, I fully expect us to be sold on to a rich Arab