Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The last film you saw?

Went to see Volver last night

Penelope Cruz looks like Sophia Loren, just as gorgeous and is very good in this …. this might sound stupid, but I have heard the name but otherwise had no idea who sho is - has she done any other good films?

Anyway great film, probably better than Talk To Her if you've seen that. Won't appeal to everyone of course, but you can always just spend the time dreamily watching Cruz ...........................

Comments

• edited September 2006
    i've not seen her in any films (i dont watch many) but she did go out with Tom Cruise for a long time...
  • edited September 2006
    house monster,it was alright but the kids loved it though youngest was a little scared.
  • you me and dupree....... big mistake, garbage
  • Saw Snakes on a Plane tuesday night. Was pretty funny.

Also saw Mrs Henderson Presents on DVD last night. It was surprisingly good.
  • Saw "Over the Hedge" a month or 2 back. Really funny. A bit like Toy Story/Shrek etc with jokes for the kids and the adults.
  • Saw 'Cars' during the bank holiday weekend. Pretty decent. Reasonable storyline, and the usual great animation from Pixar.
  • Funny - 99% of the time "the last film I have seen" is a kids one.
    Been to see a few grown-up ones recently but went nearly a year without!
  • last film i saw was abigails party!

hilarious.
  • "Everything is Illuminated", a bloody great film about a strange Jewish man who retraces his family history to the Ukraine. Don't let that put you off, it's really well done and very funny.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Went to see Volver last night

You can't call a film that, surely ??

Cruz i think was in Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise. Don't ever watch it though, awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched 'School of Rock' on SKY Last night. Last film I saw at the flicks was 'Cars'
  • edited September 2006
    Re: Volver
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    You can't call a film that, surely ??

It is actually Spanish for "Come Home" ....

..... although that could still be what you had in mind if both words are nouns !

PS Another very good film by same director, "Talk to Her", is on tonight, Film4 I think
  • Penelope Cruz you have to watch Don't Move.

I happened to watch Revolver and Transamerica over the weekend ... watch the second one, it's actually quite good.