Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    What's the ''Gold Cup'' ?
  • Options
    I wonder if and/or when we'll put a take it or leave it offer on the table. We may have already done so.

Can't really see a sideways move in our division, and don't think they'd be regulars for many sides in the Championship. I guess Racon could go back to France.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    What's the ''Gold Cup'' ?
    It's a tournament at Bexleyheath Goals on a Monday.
  • Options

I hope we keep them as I think they both have alot of ability and if given the correct role could be vital in our promotion push. I think if they wanted to stay they wouldnt be looking else where and would want to get a contact sorted asap. I think they will both move on and probably do very well.

• Options
    Nothing against him and I like him as a player but I think it is time for Racon to move on. Him and Semedo have had a couple of years now to develop a partnership and we've only gone backwards as a club. I think it would benefit everyone if we looked for new players in that position.
  • Options
    The Gold Cup is not just a race at Cheltenham, it is also a football tournament Guadaloupe take part in.
  • Options
    Semedo said he'd do anything to stay, so we'll wait and see if he is true to his word!

I'd imagine Semedo is on holiday at the moment like everyone else
  • Options
    Semedo is currently plugging all the volcanoes in Iceland with boulders. FACT
  • Options
    Having read Powell's comments it sounds to me as if they're both leaving and both want to leave.

"...we are powerless to do anything at the moment with him.

“Of course we would love to keep him. “He is a good player, loves
    Charlton, always gives his all, not only in games but in training every
    day, but as I said I’m not in a position of strength here..."

Time to forget them and move on.

• Options

We are never gonna see the best of Racon playing him left wing as Powell did in the second half of last season. Imo Racon and Semedo have linked up well when they have played central mindfield together but alot of the time Racon is either benched or played out of position.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    doesn't sound to me like semedo is doing anything to stay to be fair
  • Options
    Let him go... Time to move on. Daily signing again worries me thou! Can we not do better than that??
  • Options

We are never gonna see the best of Racon playing him left wing as Powell did in the second half of last season. Imo Racon and Semedo have linked up well when they have played central mindfield together but alot of the time Racon is either benched or played out of position.

or not playing to form 1 in 3 games when he was in his preferred position

:)

• Options
    I agree with razil, you don't have to read between the lines to see semedo is playing hard toget.
  • Options

I don't think Semedo is playing hard to get - just exploring his options - He is in a position of strength. Powell is saying that there isn't much he can do about it as both Racon and Semedo can wait until they get an offer they like - which could still be ours. What I'd like to see the club do with Jose is be upfront - forget about negotiating and offer the best deal we can (what we would be willing to go up to within agreed structures had we negotiated). Powell could then say to Semedo - we respect you - the fans love you - this is your club and this is the very best deal we can put together for you whilst we are at this level - Out of respect for the club and the fans and in the knowledge it is the best we can do at the present time - are you willing to sign for us for another season on these terms or do we need to work on our plan B?

I think this approach could work with Jose.

• Options
    the team we had this season were crap,so you cant help being worried that to many may stay
  • Options
    Let them both go and free up salaries to pay some new blood. Both are very overrated.On the admittedly few times I have seen them play  I thought 'what on earth is all the fuss about'?
  • Options
    I'm not surprised both players would choose to explore other options.

Who wouldn't, if their boss offered them a 50 or 60% cut in wages?
  • Options
    Both players will sign with whoever offers them the most on the longest contract.
  • Options
    football isn't comparable to normal work/business in this way, their contracts were based on us being a level or so higher and some years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nolly has nailed it

Enough said.

Kin useless last year and if we go with same shoite centre halves we are fcked.

People must be blind if they think either dailly or docherty have another season in them, let alone both of the bleeders!!!!
  • Options
    Doc is slow but isn't old and has proven he can be effective at this level - He needs a different sort of player alongside him I suspect who can compensate for his weaker areas. Dailly will provide excellent and experienced cover- what we don't want is for Dailly /Doc to be the starting centre back option.
  • Options
    Cross thread? 
  • Options
    these are two players who were important in keeping us in the play-off positions for 18 months, ideally need to build up with them not from scratch
  • Options
    Semedo is a big player for us and would love to see him sign. I worry about losing him more than Racon.
    Semedo breaks up play and is a foundation for forward thinking players like Barcham and Bolasie (if they are to come in like some suggest) to be free to do what they do best.
  • Options

Racon played 15+ min tonight and did really well for 10-man Guadelope.

Showed some very nice skills from left midfield.

A few yellow cards as well as the red. He probably gets to start vs Canada or the last group match in Gold Cup.

Why we didnt sign him up before his flight I dont know.

• Options
    How does Racon not start for Guadeloupe? 

That was a really awful match -- not as bad at the Jamaica/Grenada and Honduras/Guatemala games yesterday, but pretty dire.  Panama should have won by several goals.
  • Options

Went to bed when Racon was substituted at 3.43 AM last night. Really proud of our player (!?) having the no 10 shirt in front of a packed stadium in Kansas.

Against players like Donovan, Howard, Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore and Jermaine Jones.

One of the best players on the pitch in the first half, before he faded after the break and was replaced in the 73rd minute.

Believe he could be our biggest signing this summer. But Im afraid thats just me and maybe to late anyway...

• Options
    I would like us to sign him too - he is one of our better players and I think those are the ones you should keep hold of and add to if you are going to succeed.
  • Options
    I want to see them both go. They're overrated, overpaid and over here. We need new blood after 3 dreadful years. So rock on Racon and see you go Seemed ---o