Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Somebody told me last season was Charlton's lowest league finish in the clubs history!

Does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Options
    No it's not.
  • Options

It's not true.

Second lowest finish since World War 2 though.

• Options

FFS this team couldnt even win that.

• Options
    lowest finish since 1979 I heard
  • Options
    ok thanks
  • Options
    lowest finish since 1979 I heard
    1973/4
  • Options

14th in 73/74. Lowest ever was 21st (second from bottom) in 25/26 in Division 3 (South).

• Options
    Div 3s 1921/2  16th
    Div 3s 23/4      14th
    Div 3s 25/5      15th
    Div 3s 25/6      21st (out of 22)  had to apply for re-election
    Div 3   73/4     14th

• Options
    Finished 14th in 1974.

Won promotion the next season.

;o)
  • Options
    quick quiz ( no cheating)

When we finished 21st in 25/26

1. Who finished below us?

2. How many league goals did WC Cox, our top scorer, manage to net that season?

3.  What was average home gate?   10,000,  7,000  5,000, 3,000
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1. Aberdare Athletic?

2. I'll say 12

3. 10,000

• Options

1. Aberdare Athletic?

2. I'll say 12

3. 10,000

0/3   sorry Len
  • Options
    1. i know the answer but wont spoil
  • Options

2.  10

3. 3,000

• Options

2.  10

3. 3,000

4. How many did we take away on average in 1925/6? :-)
  • Options
    quick quiz ( no cheating)

When we finished 21st in 25/26

1. Who finished below us?

2. How many league goals did WC Cox, our top scorer, manage to net that season?

3.  What was average home gate?   10,000,  7,000  5,000, 3,000

What do you mean no cheating? Who in their right mind is going to know such worthless infomation as that? Apart from you of course!

Hook, line and sinker. In under 5 seconds too!

• Options

2.  10

3. 3,000

0/2

Average away gate was 500 more than the home but there were 7,000 more at the Den that the valley for the derby which proves we took loads away!
  • Options

LOL  and here's Pavlov's Dog in no time at all.    Sorry, that really got to you didn't it.  It was just a joke, don't take it all so seriously for once.
  • Options

2.  10

3. 3,000

0/2

Average away gate was 500 more than the home but there were 7,000 more at the Den that the valley for the derby which proves we took loads away!

no it proves it was the scums cup final yet again
  • Options

2.  10

3. 3,000

0/2

no it proves it was the scums cup final yet again
    Could well be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FFS this team couldnt even win that.

Lol
  • Options

LOL  and here's Pavlov's Dog in no time at all.    Sorry, that really got to you didn't it.  It was just a joke, don't take it all so seriously for once.

But I take everthing seriously. Life is serious, it's not a dress rehersal. You only get one go. If you don't take things seriously then things go wrong. You must keep your eye on the ball.

Yes you really got to me yesterday, it was very wicked of you. Why do you do it? Why are you so mean to me? It's just too easy for you isn't it? I felt such a fool, a complete ass, again. I can't compete with your razor sharp wit, I don't know why I bother.

It was a great joke yesterday, really quite brilliant. You got me to post on one of your threads about the title of your thread. I couldn't help reacting could I? Just couldn't help myself - Again! It's actually a medical condition.

Anyway I'm off to take everything seriously again. I must learn some stats form the 1923/24 season, then maybe I can really hold my own with you.

• Options
    It was only a leg pull, get over yourself.

And you got the season wrong : - )
  • Options
    More than a leg-pull. A quality piece of internet warfare I'd say. Did me good and proper. I doubt I'll ever get over it.