Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ash cloud - here we go again?

Comments

• Different volcano. Different type of ash. No problem this time.
  • So they say SHG, so they say.
  • Had my holiday to Spain cancelled last year, so decided at the last minute to go to Cornwall. Very nice but cost me three times as much. The only bonus was that I got to see Exeter away, allbeit in the Exeter end with the wife in tow!
  • I work in travel insurance. Cost us a bloody fortune last year. It can fuck right off this year.
  • Had my holiday to Spain cancelled last year, so decided at the last minute to go to Cornwall. Very nice but cost me three times as much. The only bonus was that I got to see Exeter away, allbeit in the Exeter end with the wife in tow!
    Why was that Al ? Did you park in a bus lane ?    :-)
  • How was it a bonus to see Exeter away?
  • Not good news hopefully all good by Saturday
  • Well I'm stuck in Detroit at the moment where somebody got shot outside my hotel last night.

I'd rather not hang around more than I need to.  F*ck off ash.

• Ha, didnt someone mention shootings to you when you asked whats to do in Detroit!! 
  • Yup.

I'm certainly not putting my hands up for Detroit.

• Sponsored links:

• I work in travel insurance. Cost us a bloody fortune last year. It can fuck right off this year.

same here really dont want this!
  • Hope this is all just a load of hot air, going away to Crete for 2 weeks on the 4th June, anyone know if travel insurance would actually cover this, seeing as I booked trough Expedia....
  • Internal flights to the Scottish highlands and islands cancelled because of it tomorrow...
  • Re travel insurance yes & no- look at the section in your insurance about acts of god

Why was that Al ? Did you park in a bus lane ?    :-)
    Comedy gold
  • The good news is it's  "the wrong type of ash" - apparently.

The real news is, "we can't afford that shit again> Send a plane up, see if it dies"

• The good news is it's  "the wrong type of ash" - apparently.

The real news is, "we can't afford that shit again> Send a plane up, see if it dies"

Unfortunately the bad news is, there is a shed load more of the wrong type of ash which has got a lot higher in the atmosphere and is about to enter Scottish Nationalist airspace. Rumour has it that Alex Salmond is preparing one of his most bombastic speeches which will cause enough hot air to blow the ash away.
  • Love it Bing!
  • edited May 2011
    The volcanic ash delayed my flight from Dublin tonight!  How come? Obama was in Dublin today and he decided that he would leave early so that he would avoid the potential of being stranded there.  As a result all flights out of Dublin were delayed, and so on getting back to blighty I missed my last train home and it cost £30 taxi.  Bloody volcano.
  • O'bama - you've got to love the Irish.
  • Sponsored links:

• We could do without it too...
  • Am due to go to fly to Biarittz next week.....was stuck in Italy last year. It could've at least waited until I got out there ffs......now have a week of the missus stressing again.
  • Manchester airport now closed. Not ash but dust apparently. A spokesman for Manchester City FC apologised...."We had to open the trophy cabinet at sometime"