Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• I came down one morning and the frog was already on him. I think one of the cats brought it in and it hopped onto Guinness as a safe haven!

We really want another dog but are too busy at the moment.

Hoping to give the Terriers a good mauling next Monday!

• edited November 2011

This is another one of Humphrey, I'm picking another dog up in a few weeks too. She's a French Griffon..

.image

• Don't buy a Labrador - have you noticed how many of their owners go blind?
  • This is Sam................sadly we had to say goodbye to him 5 months ago at the young age of 6. He was a pure bred GSD, but had some faults which, when we bought him, were not apparent (in this pic of him as you can see he had a permanent floppy ear)....he was the known as the gentle giant, he stood 30" at his shoulder (way too big) but just loved everybody and other dogs to bits. I was going to wait to post his picture at Christmas.....but to be honest I dont think I could have done it then. Despite having our other 4 GSD's all of whom knew him (3 grew up with him) I still miss him so much and even though I know he is 'waiting at the bridge' I also know he is no longer suffering.
    Sorry for imposing this on you all but perhaps better to 'talk' about him now than later.
  • This is Bob, he is just turned four, he loves a sniff around fanny in the morning, only problem is he also likes to roll around in foxes' sh1te.
    bob.JPG 30.5K
  • edited December 2011

Now tell me he isn't one good looking dog! 5 Weeks old

• edited December 2011

Nice! How olds he (Darcy) ?

• She is 9 weeks mate.
  • edited December 2011

Looks big!

While I'm uploading pictures, Heres my other Staff. She's getting lazy now!image

• Sponsored links:

• lol Typical Staff, laid out stretched.
  • Looks big!

While I'm uploading pictures, Heres my other Staff. She's getting lazy now!image

Gorgeous dog. : )
  • Busters 1st Christmas....

"Woof" to all Lifers !
    x
    005.JPG 954.2K
  • My uncle has some Japanese Akita pups for sale if anyone is interested.
  • I've just been helping rescue 3 four month old German Shepherd puppies from a complete s*ithole of a flat in Kent, if anyone is considering getting a Shep puppy (They are all girls) give me a shout, two have been moved to southend and one is with me for a week to ten days, but who knows if 'Valley' will stay; )
    We also will be getting Mum (4 years)and an older brother (18 months) out by the weekend, they are all stunning dogs with a fantastic temperment despite their appalling conditions. Obviously homechecks will be done.
  • I'd like to post a pic of our young black lab, Tess, but I don't know how to!  Any instructions?

• Try and get her to sit, when she is, slowly reach for your camara and snap away....... :-P
  • Sponsored links:

• Try and get her to sit, when she is, slowly reach for your camara and snap away....... :-P

lol
  • Bailey and Valli our fostered rescue Shep, at the moment she's on loan subject to a medical where a deal could be made and the move becomes permanent.

• I've just been helping rescue 3 four month old German Shepherd puppies from a complete s*ithole of a flat in Kent, if anyone is considering getting a Shep puppy (They are all girls) give me a shout, two have been moved to southend and one is with me for a week to ten days, but who knows if 'Valli' will stay; )
    We also will be getting Mum (4 years)and an older brother (18 months) out by the weekend, they are all stunning dogs with a fantastic temperment despite their appalling conditions. Obviously homechecks will be done.
    Valli moves up to Nottingham at the weekend to be adopted on a permanant basis, 8 days after coming to us.
  • Just to let owners of smaller breeds of dogs in Bexley/Sicup area, dogs are being stolen as bait dogs for dog fighting. This was recently an issue in the Shootershill area and the scumbags appear to have moved a short distance, normally they operate in pairs, while one keeps you talking, with normally "have seen my little dog" while out of sight your dog is being tempted with a bit of grub.
  • Only just caught up with the 'before' and 'after' picturees of Valli. It was only the collar that shows she is the same dog. Well done!
  • Hi, never had a dog before so wouldn't know where to begin other than wanting a young puppy that isn't going to cost an arm and leg and can be trusted around my young son (3 months old).

Any help gratefully rec'd
  • Hi, never had a dog before so wouldn't know where to begin other than wanting a young puppy that isn't going to cost an arm and leg and can be trusted around my young son (3 months old).

Any help gratefully rec'd
    James, before I start no dog should ever be trusted around a child, ever!
    From the biggest to the smallest dog.
    I have some fantastic/beautiful photo's of children with dogs, some of which are my own Grandchildren with my own dog Bailey. Do I trust him? the answer no, not entirely so I'm always on my guard, you have to be.
    So if that hasn't put you off, all dogs cost money if its a fortune only your circumstances dictate that, but I'll try and itemise the main things. With a puppy you'll have to decide pedigree £200/£1000 or crossbreed £100/£200, try to bodyswerve designer crossbreeds, Labradoodles/cockapoos 800/900 they are still crossbreeds also freeads/gumtree/or swops for a ps3 etc. Sometimes rescues do get puppies, but you probably have to wait longer.
    Then you look at what breed/size/heath issues.
    GSD/Labs have hip/elbow issues, down to Westies with skin problems. Go to the kennel club website for a list acreditted breeders and not some bloke you met in a pub that lives on the 27th floor, vet bills will cripple you and the insurance wont pay out.

Then you have innoculations for puppies, around about £60.
    Annual insurance, Bailey's is around £600 obviously less for smaller dogs, thats for vet bills, theft, loss, death through illness all reduced if your dog is tattooed and chipped or both, annual booster innoculations which insrance companies insist on are Not covered.
    Food, dependant on type dry or raw (Redmidland feeds his dogs raw so he's best to ask)
    Dry grub ranges from £55 for a 15kg bag (Bailey eats Burns at £45) or 2 bags at £78 and lasts about two months and subsidised with tinned tripe and the odd chicken carcass.
    Worming and de-Flea, every 3 months I'm guessing we pay probably around £40 for his tablets and capsules yearly.
    If you still want a dog, Lol. Take your good lady and the little one to meet someones dog, your welcome to meet Bailey just to see how little one reacts, last thing you want is to frighten the baby by turning up with a dog under your arm.
    If you want anymore imformation pm me and I'll email you : )
    Ray
  • Only just caught up with the 'before' and 'after' picturees of Valli. It was only the collar that shows she is the same dog. Well done!
    Thanks for that LA, it means a lot.
    I saw little Valli last week and she is living in Nottingham, I think thriving is a good word to use. She looked stunning, her new owners have kept the name 'Valli' so there's little bit of Charlton in Nottingham ; )