Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Jordan v. Pater Taylor email transcript

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
From the BBC Gossip page:
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan says an e-mail transcript of an alleged foul-mouthed conversation with manager Peter Taylor is fake. (The Times)

Anyone know what all this is about?

Comments

• edited September 2006
    SIMON JORDAN is the kind of man who calls a spade a spade but the Crystal Palace chairman said yesterday that the transcript of a foul-mouthed telephone conversation that he is alleged to have had with Peter Taylor, the club’s manager, which had been distributed by e-mail, was fake and “part of a Machiavellian plot by my enemies to try and cause unrest and destabilise the club”.

The Coca-Cola Championship side have not won for more than a month and, according to the transcript of the alleged conversation, the Palace chairman’s patience ran out after he watched his side lose 2-0 at home to Southampton on Tuesday night.

In the transcript, Jordan warns Taylor, who replaced Iain Dowie as manager in June, that time is running out for him and his signings and compares his side’s performance to horse manure.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,435-2358687,00.html
  • Ah, this must be it - looks like a spoof, though...

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=3219
  • An obvious wind up

Simon Jordan: Blimey, Peter, what a right load of ****ing horse manure that was this evening.

Peter Taylor: We're a side in transition, Simon, and we need time to gel into an efficient CCC team.

SJ: Well, I spent the past two seasons watching that pillock Dowie making the defence pump high balls to a midget. Now we're pumping high balls to two big b***ards who nod it down and lose it. What's the point in that, for ****'s sake?

PT: We need strong forwards in this division. We can't depend on aging player past his prime like Dougie, and Clinton I don't really rate in the first place.

SJ: Jesus ****ing Christ, you remind me of that w*nker Trevor Francis. He couldn't bleedin' wait to drop the best striking partnership in the division at the time, Dougie and Clinton, and bring in that pair of numpties Akinbiyi and Adebola. A useless pair of planks, and they cost me a ****ing fortune.

PT: Give it time, Simon. it's early days, yet.

SJ: Early ****ing days! We're seven games into the season and we look crap. Even when we were winning we didn't look much cop but now we're ****ing terrible. And this Sushi Pookey or whatever his name is. He don't look much like a Finn to me...not like Aki or Mikkel?

PT: Shefki Kuqi's an ethnic Albanian from Kosovo who's taken Finnish nationality.

SJ: He looks like an overgrown carpet salesmn from Istanbul to me and ****ing played like one tonight.***ing c***. Cost me a bleedin' fortune as well.

PT: We need players like him to get us out of this league and back to the Premiership, Simon.

SJ: I can't see much ****ing point getting back to the Premiership with this lot. Borrowdale or Granville against Thierry Henry. Kookoo the Turk against John Terry. Don't make me ****ing laugh.

PT: I told you at the interview, Simon, it will all change as the autumn moves on.

SJ: It's all changing now. We're going down the pan. You'd better wake your ideas up, Taylor. The money we got for AJ is running out and the team's getting worse. I'm telling you ****ing straight mate, you are out on your arse if things don't improve soonest. I ****ing......

(here the line fades with a stream of abuse from the chairman)
  • i think its embarrassing that jordan has actaully made a statement saying its a wind up cos it quite clearly is... carp.
  • I thought I saw a line about it on Sky Sports News the other day, claiming Jordan had demanded automatic promotion - perhaps one of the pony FansFC/Clubcall/Vital Football type sites fell for it, and they lifted it.