Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portable Sat Navs

Just woken to a smashed window in my car and no satnav (hidden, but found in my car).

My fault but very annoying!

Two points-

1/ take your cradle off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all know it, but do we do it?

and-

Any suggestions regarding the best Budget Sat nav, with full postcode usage.

Stanmore

Comments

• Options
    i think this is the right one that which recommend,the garmin nuvi 300.
  • Options
    My fault but very annoying!

Why is it your fault because some scrote wants to help himself to something which doesn't belong to him?

By all means don't make it easy for a thief, but don't blame yourself.
  • Options
    Stanmore

Was your Sat Nav switched on and was blue tooth engaged just interested following a radio report re such thefts in Liverpool. It appears that that bluetooth especially can attract the awareness of felons to sat navs
  • Options
    bbc story on it earlier,horse bolted i know.i hate some people.
  • Options
    I am not trying to be funny but what is the point of Sat Nav? Ok I may be a bit older than some people who have it, been driving for over 20 years and know my way around London. However I couldn't dream of going somewhere I didn't know without clearly getting the route in my mind.
    It seem s to me it just makes you lazy and less inclined to take notice of where you are going. Or am I just being an old fuddy duddy?
    Sorry about your break-in though. Had a stereo nicked a few years ago. Pisses you off doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys-

DJDave- have to say that my sat nav one of the best things i've ever had- i travel around seeing clients and it just makes my life so much easier!

Latimer- wasn't bluetooth.

Thanks peakey- that's on the shortlist now.

Any other suggestions from those who have them as to a good replacement?
  • Options
    who needs sat nav when you have your memory eh
  • Options
    my boss took his cradle off and the thieving bastards still knew he had one in the glove box. insurance company said thieves have been looking for the little smear mark that the suction pad leaves on the windscreen that's how they know you have got one. its worth carrying some glass wipes in the car even if you don't leave the sat nav in the glove box it saves having a window smashed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]who needs sat nav when you have your memory eh

haha!

But when you want to find the best parking place at an away match, will your memory find it?
  • Options
    Best thing to do, and i no this wont help, but get a car (like my old Cooper S) with built in sat nav, then the scroates wont/cant get it!

This must of pizzed ya right orf tho Stan, i feel for ya man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that.....

bloody yoof!!!
  • Options
    put an a-z on the passenger seat - they'll never think you have SatNav

We sound like a load of readers of Woman's Own

(not that i know what that is like seeing as i've never picked upa copy and had a quick look through...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]put an a-z on the passenger seat - they'll never think you have SatNav quote]

have to say WSS, that is an absolutely top idea.

Still need any suggestions for the best new one to go for :-)
  • Options
    I have no idea what the best one is Stanmore, My cousin seems to love his Tom Tom though.I am getting the Angel Navigator 7000 as a B'Day prezzie from my Mum & Sister this weekend. Although the main reason I choose this one is it doubles up as a Speed camera detector.
  • Options
    Thanks Ketman-mine was a tom tom and funnily enough i'm now looking at one that double as a speed camera detector.

If it's not too late take a look at this

defo on shortlist
  • Options
    I walk my dog at night behind the Camden Pub in the commuter car park. I can't believe all the piles of glass where cars are constantly being targetted. Full of CCTV but the week after christmas the amount of debris suggested up to ten cars got done in two days. We are back to the bad old days when the car sterio was the smash and grab prize.......
  • Options
    Love the way you worded your response Stanmore, most clever. I am not 100% sure yet, not to bothered about Sat Nav just wanted a speed camera detector, but sister has had a huge pay rise & is insisting on doubling up the gadget to include a satnav. Not many to choose from that do both are there !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I walk my dog at night behind the Camden Pub in the commuter car park. I can't believe all the piles of glass where cars are constantly being targetted. Full of CCTV but the week after christmas the amount of debris suggested up to ten cars got done in two days. We are back to the bad old days when the car sterio was the smash and grab prize.......[/quote]

whats even sadder is people that smash windows/key cars for the hell of it.
    flat mates g'f had her car back window smashed, she had stereo, cd's, and a case of champagne in the boot. all of it was still in there. they obviously just thought it amusing to smash it. scum.
  • Options
    Worst Car theft I ever experienced was went to an after party at Kings Cross 'Saharah Nights' I think the venue was called after a night at the Minstry of Sound. Left this 'party' at about 10.30am Sunday morning only to find my car door wide open two windows popped, stereo, parcel shelf with speakers gone. What was probably even worse was that my girlfriend at the time had all her jewellery & make up bags in my boot after staying over for weekend, all gone. We worked out what everything was worth that was stolen that morning, come to just shy of £1,500. Old bill not interested, did not even check the CCTV cameras that were trained on the car at the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I am not trying to be funny but what is the point of Sat Nav? Ok I may be a bit older than some people who have it, been driving for over 20 years and know my way around London. However I couldn't dream of going somewhere I didn't know without clearly getting the route in my mind.
    It seem s to me it just makes you lazy and less inclined to take notice of where you are going. Or am I just being an old fuddy duddy?
    Sorry about your break-in though. Had a stereo nicked a few years ago. Pisses you off doesn't it?

I used to think the same as you but now I've got my Tom-Tom Europe, I can't live without it. It takes all of the hassle out of trying to find an obscure road somewhere in the middle of nowhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    I've got a Tom Tom and its brilliant for taking the pressure off a journey because the estimated arrival time is usually a pretty good guide if you've got to be somewhere by a certain time. The only problem I had was when on hols in France last year and it tried to guide me onto a motorway which was still under construction!! I suspect its just a French plot to get back at us for Waterloo, imprisoning Napolian and failing to surrender to the Germans.....:-)