Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phones 4 U

Never dealt with a third party for mobiles before a la Carphone Warehouse or P4U but upgrade is coming up soon and this lot have got the phone I want over a month before my network claim to be releasing it (don't understand that but there you go) and have a great package for the contract in terms of inclusive minutes etc and price (straight structure, no redemption).

Anyone dealt with them before and been done over or been pleasantly surprised as they seem to get panned by the consumer protection brigade? Does it make much of a difference going via a third party or should I just be patient and wait for my network to get it's arris in gear?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'd try the network again and say that you will be changing network unless they can get you that phone, that normally wakes them up and do anything to keep you.
  • Wait.

Once you are out the door they wont want to know you.

Any issues and they will fob you off and direct you to the network. Phones 4 u are the worst offenders by far.
  • Cpw are also shite
  • Also retention departments offer little to keep you nowadays.

I left O2 before xmas, had been a customer for 11 years. Asked what they would offer me to stay.........answer "nothing really".
  • P4U had Nokia N8 at £20/month when everyone else wanted more like £35, so I went for it and they even paid off the last two months of my O2 contract. That was in January and I've got nothing to complain about, but then nothing's gone wrong, so it's not like I've really tested the customer service angle.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Any issues and they will fob you off and direct you to the network

But aren't the network still as liable to deal with issues as P4U are or does the network wash their hands of it and they blame each other?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Any issues and they will fob you off and direct you to the network

But aren't the network still as liable to deal with issues as P4U are or does the network wash their hands of it and they blame each other?

Nail on head.
  • My wife and I renewed our Vodafone contracts via P4U a couple of years back with upgrades we could get nowhere near via Vodafone direct. No problems. Most of their phones are sim free (not ours as they are Vodafone branded). Hope that helps.
  • 75% of people are in the wrong mobile phone contract. Don't be beguiled by the up front pitch. They all use confusion marketing to bamboozle you.

I spend much of my time reviewing peoples spend on Mobiles. Most either have too large a bundle for their usage or too low a bundle and are clobbered for going over.

If you are interested in mobile phone contracts which put you in control of the spend, especially for those with teenage kids, send me a whisper.
  • What Clem said had the whole family on O2, all due for renewal in a space of 6 months they done nothing to keep me been with them 5-6 years, were as 2 years back they bent over backwards for me strange.

Phones 4 U not very helpful, ordered online got nothing back from them so called they said there was a security issue but could not tell me what and said go instore and order it and you will be fine, so i went to Vodaphone instead, as i did not have time to go instore, thing that got me was they could not tell me the issue

• Sponsored links:

• Rotten outfit. Had a phone and contract lined up. Sat through the ID checks, all good. Returned to the store to collect and contract had been 'accidentally destroyed, no records on system'.. barely an apology. Never going back. CPW just as bad.  Good examples of the Too Big to Care culture dominating consumer britain. Always go direct nowadays and have had no trouble with '3' to date..

• Not true about the network being liable as well as phones 4 u. Can't remember the exact law but it's something like the supply of goods and services act says it's down to whoever the initial contract was made with. If they try and fob you off, state this and say you want the contract terminated free of charge. Nothing they can do but help or lose a customer. I got out of a 24 month contract with orange this way after only 2 months.

Know a couple of people that have been through cpw & p4u and none have had problems. Both also received free gifts from them shortly after taking the contracts out as advertised.
  • Well... against my better judgement I did it.

Have to say I haven't had a chance to think twice since, got a ridiculously good contract by somehow repeatedly upping what I wanted and the phone is immense.

Roll on impending mechanical disaster!