Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon: I want to be here next season (from News Shopper)

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8994376.Racon__I_want_to_be_here_next_season/

Comments

• Mark Hudson: I want to be here next season

Nicky Bailey: I want to be here next season
  • aye and they were sold not out of contract like Racon?
  • edited April 2011
    Lloyd Sam; I want to be here next season.
  • I want to be here next season on my 6k per week. Therry, heres a new contract at 3k per week. Bugger that I'm off.
  • Barry Chuckle: I want to be here next season
  • Barry chuckle!!!you shouldn't joke like that, I was actually excited that we may sign him! He could replace the Ginger Pillock....sorry Ginger Pele
  • ha ha ok
  • Oohaahhmortimer: We will brought shit away numbers next season
  • Oohaahhmortimer: I need a new phone next season.
  • Oohaahhmortimer: I need a new phone next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I want to be here next season on my 6k per week. Therry, heres a new contract at 3k per week. Bugger that I'm off.
    Exactly, he's trying to get the fans on his side and make the club out to be the bad guys. He also probably realises that he can't join a bigger club.

Oohaahhmortimer: .
  • Or he could be expressing a genuine desire to stay at the club - which I suspect is the case.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I want to be here next season on my 6k per week. Therry, heres a new contract at 3k per week. Bugger that I'm off.

Call me cynical but i'm with this comment , there's no way he will agree a new contract on reduced terms.
  • The big question is whether any other clubs will offer him better terms than we do even if they are reduced. I think the top Championship clubs won't be too interested and the lower Championship clubs will be less appealing than us in terms of size and location. Of course Powell would probably need to convince him that he features prominently in his plans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I want to be here next season on my 6k per week. Therry, heres a new contract at 3k per week. Bugger that I'm off.

Call me cynical but i'm with this comment , there's no way he will agree a new contract on reduced terms.
    Will he get such a good contract at any club?
  • No great loss to me.Great for one game.Shyte for the next four!
    An ever present in our slip down the leagues.
    Au Revoir
  • MuttleyCAFC: I want to quit the drugs next season.
  • Charlton Athletic have yet to open contract discussions with French midfielder Therry Racon.The 26-year-old Frenchman, who was signed by Alan Pardew back in August 2007, is one of several Addicks players who will be out of contract in the summer.

But Racon did his chances of earning a new deal no harm at all with the opening goal in Monday's 3-1 win over Rochdale.

"I think the club want to wait until after the last game and then see what happens," said Racon.

"We've got a new owner, everything is new, so we need to sit down and take it from there.

"But I like this country and I'm comfortable in London."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The key phrase is 'I'm comfortable in London'.

Also note that he was signed under Pardew, which means a ridiculously big contract. Who else is going to match that in this day and age ?
  • [cite]Posted By: vff[/cite]Charlton Athletic have yet to open contract discussions with French midfielder Therry Racon.The 26-year-old Frenchman, who was signed by Alan Pardew back in August 2007, is one of several Addicks players who will be out of contract in the summer.

But Racon did his chances of earning a new deal no harm at all with the opening goal in Monday's 3-1 win over Rochdale.

"I think the club want to wait until after the last game and then see what happens," said Racon.

"We've got a new owner, everything is new, so we need to sit down and take it from there.

"But I like this country and I'm comfortable in London."

The key phrase is 'I'm comfortable in London'.

Also note that he was signed under Pardew, which means a ridiculously big contract. Who else is going to match that in this day and age ?

Newcastle perhaps?
  • Poyet will have him in at Brighton I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hes not that good and has not really shown anything special this season. I think it is all genuine, he wants to stay and charlton are waiting to do deals with the players to asess things. I suppose hes recent good performances are putting him in the shop window but are also looking good for hes contract renewal.
  • Charlton, sign these players up before they are free to walk.
  • More likely to be delivering the News Shopper.
  • Parrett and Stewart in the centre of midfield showed this weekend that Racon and Semedo are not the future if we want a competitve, attacking midfield. We have under achieved with Racon and Semedo in the centre and we need to change this. I would keep Semedo as a second string player and someone you can bring on to protect the back four whilst trying to close a game out. Racon is not a creative central midfielder or a winger,i would look to replace him with a better and more consistant player. Both Parrett and Stewart are better players.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]More likely to be delivering the News Shopper.

Has had plenty of chances with us , rarely gets hold of a game by the scruff of its neck , bags of talent , time to move on to Palace or Millwall and shine ala Ambrose.
  • Love how a lot of people on here are saying they don't care if Racon goes, he's not that good etc. I guarantee those that are will be the first to say we miss him next season when we won't be able to get in anybody as good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jimmy Seed Shooter[/cite]Parrett and Stewart in the centre of midfield showed this weekend that Racon and Semedo are not the future if we want a competitve, attacking midfield. We have under achieved with Racon and Semedo in the centre and we need to change this. I would keep Semedo as a second string player and someone you can bring on to protect the back four whilst trying to close a game out. Racon is not a creative central midfielder or a winger,i would look to replace him with a better and more consistant player. Both Parrett and Stewart are better players.

Agree with this totally.
  • Heard from a source at the club that he will not be offered a new contract. neither will Reidy. SCP apparently thinks he doesn't offer enough to the team. Dailly will be offered fresh terms though!

• I think Racon has offered something this season, I understand Reidy, but Racon has been one of our better performers this year imo.

Shame to see him go if true
  • It will be a pity if Racon is not offered a new contract...but I'm taking every rumour with a pinch of salt at the moment....going to be an interesting summer.
    Anyone see some other rumours being spouted about.....some of them are just pure fantasy....like SWP signing for us....yeah right!! LOL

Oh and its good to be back on here again.....bloody missed it not being around these last few days.....well done  to all on the changes.