Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Personal dilemna - help needed NOW.

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
Should I :

a) watch the football on the telly; or

b) do the work I brought home and promised a client faithfully that I would do today "without fail".

(And does it make a difference if I say that I've got a fridge full of beer so there's not much chance of me doing both.)

Comments

• Options
    How long will it take you to do the work, and what's on? I'd say get as much done as you can til the end of half time, then watch the second half. Or use the beer as an incentive to get the work finished.
  • Options
    How important is your word? How important is your client?
  • Options
    His word is nothing Len...
  • Options
    Do the work pissed whilst watching the footie problem solved, go back over it in the cafe during a full English and correct your spelling with egg yolk and bean juice
  • Options
    get the Missus to do the work in between replenishing you with beers from the fridge while you watch the game
  • Options
     Oakster 3 minutes ago quote
    get the Missus to do the work in between replenishing you with beers from the fridge while you watch the game

And doing the ironing ?
  • Options
    Cheers fellas.

The work will take ages - a good few hours I reckon. The missus can't do it because it doesn't involve spending money. The client is not massively important, but my word is - so they kinda cancel each other out to a large degree.

At the moment NLA's idea is sounding favourite - particularly as the game is now 20 mins old and I've got a beer on the go and my laptop open.

I mean, I promised them I'd do it. Didn't say anything about it being any good though, did I?
  • Options
    That's it mate sorted great game good beer and the work looks after itself and you keep your word,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Cheers fellas.

The work will take ages - a good few hours I reckon. The missus can't do it because it doesn't involve spending money. The client is not massively important, but my word is - so they kinda cancel each other out to a large degree.

At the moment NLA's idea is sounding favourite - particularly as the game is now 20 mins old and I've got a beer on the go and my laptop open.

I mean, I promised them I'd do it. Didn't say anything about it being any good though, did I?

#Iblameitontheroyalwedding !
    ;-)
  • Options
    Surely the first thing you should be thinking about is cracking one off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Just kidding - smashed it!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    :o(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I took NLA's advice in the end and was "suspended, with a view to dismissal" today for professional negligence.

Still, the beers were nice.

You could always ask NLA for a job as he is "on the way up".