Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol R 2 - 2 Charlton - Post match views

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Two nil up, two sent off. You gotta laugh

All post match natter here, that's if anyonestill cares

Comments

• Options
    Next season.
  • Options
    We maintain our record of never losing when having players sent off since the Prem it seems B-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We maintain our record of never losing when having players sent off since the Prem it seems B-)

Swindon play off last year?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We maintain our record of never losing when having players sent off since the Prem it seems B-)

based on jose mourinho's thought process we never lost that game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We maintain our record of never losing when having players sent off since the Prem it seems B-)

And we know that's bollocks!
  • Options
    Sounds to me like a good performance all things considered. Look forward to hearing from some of the 430 heroes who were there, and the footage.

I'm happy that CP gave a lot of people a chance to show what they can do (even if one of them was Simon Francis) and collectively they were doing pretty well most of the time.

Sounds like Kyel Reid's tackle was beyond the pale, and I wouldnt condone such things, especially as it sounds totally uncalled for. However lets remember that any chance Grant Basey had of a decent career was ended there last season by a horror tackle by some no-mark, and his no-mark manager did condone it.

Some of the comments criticising CP on the match thread are pretty incredible, especially Ken from bexley whom I always thought was a sensible bloke. What's got into you Ken?

So, for me a continuation of the encouraging performance I saw last week. Anybody who was there; am I right or wrong?
  • Options

That's right , bollocks. We actually WON the game, but lost the tie overall on pens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]However lets remember that any chance Grant Basey had of a decent career was ended there last season by a horror tackle by some no-mark, and his no-mark manager did condone it.
    Ended any chance of having a decent career? He's still only 21 and is back playing at this level with Peterborough. Bad tackle yes but a complete exaggeration to suggest it has ruined his career.
  • Options
    i forgot that off it

we did win 2-1

so BRE is correct.

i agree prague i cant believe that people are blaming powell for 2 points dropped i wont ever be blinded by faith in someone again after pardew, but i will give scp as long as needed but if he doesnt live up to the job i will say so, but the bloke needs a chance he will make mistakes but the comments on there from KOB were just ridiculous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i forgot that off it

we did win 2-1

so BRE is correct.

i agree prague i cant believe that people are blaming powell for 2 points dropped i wont ever be blinded by faith in someone again after pardew, but i will give scp as long as needed but if he doesnt live up to the job i will say so, but the bloke needs a chance he will make mistakes but the comments on there from KOB were just ridiculous

This is not a biased question for even sacking Powell or keeping Powell

What mistakes are acceptable to make that he carrys on having a chance ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ha! So we did!
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

That's right , bollocks. We actually WON the game, but lost the tie overall on pens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Bad tackle yes but a complete exaggeration to suggest it has ruined his career.

From what I saw of him afterwards I think he had been further slowed down. Since he wasn't pacy in the first place, that would have been critical for somebody who after all made his debut at a much higher level. It also meant he missed the chance to re-establish himself, just when he had been given the chance.

It was a disgraceful tackle. No intention to get the ball, not in a danger zone for the team. Condoned by his manager. I'm just reminding everybody of this in case there is too much of a backlash against Reid's tackle. How that wasn't a straight red remains beyond me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]What mistakes are acceptable to make that he carrys on having a chance ?

Well, lets start with what you think his mistakes have been, and then maybe we can kick them around a bit.

So far, considering this is his first job, I dont think he's made any mistakes which would justify him losing his job.

And BTW, every manager makes some mistakes, even SAF. Curbs for example thought it was a good idea to let Jorge Costa return to Portugal and replace him with Gary Rowett.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i forgot that off it

we did win 2-1

so BRE is correct.

This is not a biased question for even sacking Powell or keeping Powell

What mistakes are acceptable to make that he carrys on having a chance ?

its a good question.

under parkinson i thought we were always likely to concede from our own set plays no matter where they were on the pitch and we never seemed to learn from that.

i dont mind things going wrong a manger trying stuff out and it not working i just want them to learn from it.

i dont want to see blind faith in players that are woeful or woefully off form.

Chris Powell knows how he wants us to play and that is attactive attacking passing football but sometimes he will need to forget about his style for the sake of seeing and getting something out of the game those sorts of mistakes you can learn from with time
  • Options
    From what I've read from those who went on Twitter, it sounds like a top performance, ruined by a homer ref, ho hum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]What mistakes are acceptable to make that he carrys on having a chance ?

Well, lets start with what you think his mistakes have been, and then maybe we can kick them around a bit.

So far, considering this is his first job, I dont think he's made any mistakes which would justify him losing his job.

And BTW, every manager makes some mistakes, even SAF. Curbs for example thought it was a good idea to let Jorge Costa return to Portugal and replace him with Gary Rowett.

Playing players out of position at Dagenham with waggy on the left, The subs at the wrong time i believe, taking the flow back to the otherside. Not getting a centre half, at home to carlisle when 4-4-2, to 4-5-1 when 1-0 up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]What mistakes are acceptable to make that he carrys on having a chance ?

Playing players out of position at Dagenham with waggy on the left, The subs at the wrong time i believe, taking the flow back to the otherside. Not getting a centre half, at home to carlisle when 4-4-2, to 4-5-1 when 1-0 up

but he is going to make those mistakes people have to just deal with it. when those mistakes happen week in week out then you have to start questioning.

Waggy can play left no reason why he cant, subs at the wrong time is a divider, i agree sometimes we are screaming for changes ands it sometimes looks like the manager doesnt see what we see, but i also think that you need to show faith in your players even when things are going wrong or you are feeling the pressure from a 1 goal lead.

to be a good manager you need to be brave and sometimes that bravery can back fire.

Chris Powell has certainly not made any mistakes that warrent him to be questioned on his ability to manage us but thats my opinion.

i dont for one minute think that others should feel the same i just dont think anyone can show what their capable of without atleast 1 full pre season 1 full chance to get the players they want and 1 full season in charge atleast iwas happy for pardew to see his 2 year plan out i would have no problem letting powell do the same
  • Options
    There was some crap on the match thread this afternoon and some of it continues on here....no reference to anyone in particular. To draw 2-2 with 9 men is a good result for any team! I wasn't there and had to rely on redmidland's excellent updates (thanks) - but sounded like we were playing great with a different set-up and went 2-0 up which was obviously to Powell's credit. The 2 'mad' sending offs - will obviously change the game - and how can any idiot blame Powell for that - and that's what it sounded like some were doing! To then hang on and not actually get beat - is pretty good - with what sounded like a biased referee. Wish the Powell bashers would realise that he isn't going anywhere and they should get behind him and support his decisions - he's the new owner's selection as manager - so get over it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]There was some crap on the match thread this afternoon and some of it continues on here....no reference to anyone in particular. To draw 2-2 with 9 men is a good result for any team! I wasn't there and had to rely on redmidland's excellent updates (thanks) - but sounded like we were playing great with a different set-up and went 2-0 up which was obviously to Powell's credit. The 2 'mad' sending offs - will obviously change the game - and how can any idiot blame Powell for that - and that's what it sounded like some were doing! To then hang on and not actually get beat - is pretty good - with what sounded like a biased referee. Wish the Powell bashers would realise that he isn't going anywhere and they should get behind him and support his decisions - he's the new owner's selection as manager - so get over it!

here here good post
  • Options
    getting players sent off when your two nil up then managing to lose that lead to bristol rovers one of the worst teams in the league is hardly good is it? win a game of football ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this was the post match thread!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]getting players sent off when your two nil up then managing to lose that lead to bristol rovers one of the worst teams in the league is hardly good is it? win a game of football ffs

..... and a cup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]getting players sent off when your two nil up then managing to lose that lead to bristol rovers one of the worst teams in the league is hardly good is it? win a game of football ffs

its not good mate but with 11 we were far superior to them and it sounded really comfortable losing 2 men makes it really hard then add to that a handball equaliser and i dont think we come off too badly
  • Options
    i would take the johnstons paint next year lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]getting players sent off when your two nil

Blimey. You mean CP asked the ref to send Semedo off because he decided he led with his elbow?

ffs, indeed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]There was some crap on the match thread this afternoon and some of it continues on here....no reference to anyone in particular. To draw 2-2 with 9 men is a good result for any team! I wasn't there and had to rely on redmidland's excellent updates (thanks) - but sounded like we were playing great with a different set-up and went 2-0 up which was obviously to Powell's credit. The 2 'mad' sending offs - will obviously change the game - and how can any idiot blame Powell for that - and that's what it sounded like some were doing! To then hang on and not actually get beat - is pretty good - with what sounded like a biased referee. Wish the Powell bashers would realise that he isn't going anywhere and they should get behind him and support his decisions - he's the new owner's selection as manager - so get over it!

Agree! Incredibly frustrating to let a 2 goal lead slip, we let a 3 goal lead slip with 11 men up at Carlisle earlier this season - luckily for us Benson popped up in the 90th minute to win that game. Two men down it would have been some accomplishment to have held on for the best part of 30 minutes against a team desperate for points.
  • Options
    maybe get the players to keep there nerve when there two up and see the game out,ffs indeed
  • Options
    apparently we are the arsenal of the 3rd division
  • Options
    The plan when you a two nil up wouldn't normally be for a player to start flying into tackles and get sent off or lead with their elbow and get sent off. So what was the plan ?

1. Actually it was Powell's plan
    1a. The referee was part of plan 1 and he is on the Powell's payroll
    1b. The referee wasn't part of plan 1 but the plan was good enough anyway
    2. It wasn't Powell's plan but the players chose their own plan
    2a. The referee was part of plan 2 and he is on the players' payroll
    3. There was no plan from Powell
    4. The referee upset the plan (in which case the original plan could only have been plan 3)

Or we just can't win.

Any other possible plans I missed ?
  • Options
    Plan B