Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

best beach in Kent/Sussex for Good Friday?

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
any nominations for this? Hoping to make best use of the warm weather this week

ta

Comments

• Whitstabubble normally a good shout if you don't mind stones.
  • prefer sand :)
  • Agreed . Whitstable
  • East coast is supposed to be colder, any views on Winchelsea?
  • dude, everywhere will be absolutely mobbed! Camber is pretty good but leave early!
  • Minnis Bay is a real hidden gem, near birchington on the way to margate golden sand, or josh bay is a winner too. south kent if you want sand try folkstone or dymchurch and the always lovely good old camber sands will be awsome if hot on friday.
  • Quite simply, Camber.
  • Don't go to Folkestone whatever you do ! It has a tiny bit of sand right in the worst bit of the town, it's horrible.
  • so far camber seems to be where the warmer weather is
  • Whatever you do just don't venture as far as Dorset. Everyone and their wife is down here at the moment.

Oh, and just for Nolly, make sure you take your litter home ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Welling's six yard area
  • edited April 2011
  • When the tide's out, you literally have about a mile to get to the water. good for playing footy on that sand
  • Always liked Broadstairs, but it can be a nightmare getting to on a nice day. Camber is nice, but no pubs! Dymchurch is nice, bit stoney near the top of the beach, but when the tide is out it's as sandy as camber pretty much, but similar issue of the sea being about a mile away at low tide.
  • Dymchurch has just had a lot of it's beach turned into rocks for sea defence, there's not a great deal left to be honest.
  • tides for hastings (not far from camber)

Friday 22/04/2011
    High Tide at 02:27 - (7.37 Metres)
    Low Tide at 09:28 - (0.80 Metres)
    High Tide at 14:49 - (7.16 Metres)
    Low Tide at 21:44 - (0.96 Metres)

hmm
  • Folkestone: Try Sandgate quieter but pebbled beach, Hythe towncentre is ok as well. I think one of the pubs is a Charlton fan landlord!.....
    Broadstairs: excellent sandy beach, probably best traditional seaside town on the South coast. BUT gets very busy. Morellis ice cream/soda bar I rate as the best soft ice cream in the UK!.Expensive and busy though. Folk week is good though, so tend to go down then!
    Minnis bay: Great if you have a dog, good walk along the seafront. great bar/eating place eat outside and in,child friendly http://theminnis.co.uk/home/menus-and-dishes/menus-and-dishes.aspx

Good pub, and garden Dog and Duck plucks gutter.
    Whitstable: been there many a time but unconvinced!, but friends rate it so must be me! ......
  • St Mary's Bay
  • I live in Whitstable. During the summer weekends and bank holidays it can be crowded if the weather is good. The forecast for Good Friday is hot and sunny so I expect it to be very busy.
  • Sponsored links:

• minnis bay ..sandy when tide out see above you cant go wrong

broadstairs but see above

st marys bay (next to dymchurch)sandy when tide out ..not a lot else there

winchelsea nothing there but interesting if tide is out

sandgate ...beach is nothing really but nice walk along seafront and a little hidden gem of a place
  • Forget the beach,I hear there is a green hill far away..........
  • I'll be in Tankerton from tomorrow night till Saturday. May have a pint or two of Shepards Neames finest.....
  • Won't you be at Church praying for your sins?
  • either headin minnis of Joss bay Friday, although if get leathered thurs night (which is a distinct possiblity) then prob wont bother, will need to leave maidstone by 9am as won't get a car parking space otherwise - even then its gonna be tight
  • if joss bay is the one with the captain digby pub at the top, then that.
  • Is there a boozer at Sandgate does anyone know ?
  • JTJT
    edited April 2011
    I live 2 mins from Sandgate.

The Ship Inn is probably your best bet, you can take beers onto the beach, and it's got a roof terrace just been added. In the middle of sandgate.

Sandgate Hotel is a bit further along towards Hythe, you can sit out on the terrace overlooking the beach.

Bar Vasa is a bit further along that than, again you can sit outside by the beach.

All do food aswell
  • If you can get to west wittering it's beautiful.
  • Top man JT - The Ship Inn sounds just the ticket . Missus can drive home