Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2011

Any of you 'kids' going?

Just heard that Morrissey is the last act before U2 play on the Friday night.....should be hilarious as he's on after the Wu Tang Clan!

Comments

• Options
    Yep, the line up came out yesterday I think it was. Haven't really studied it yet but it looks pretty decent.
  • Options
    Some good bands there. As usual.
    Biffy, The streets, Wombats, Pendulum.

But Beyonce and U2? Do pis$ off.
    Two of the most overated acts on the planet.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Maybe next year.
  • Options
    My first reaction to the Pyramid lineup is the average age of the performers......BB King 85!! Paul Simon 70, Don McLean 65, Morrisey over 50, Bono 50, Beyonce??, only needs the rolling bones...next year sponsors are Age Concern. Was a huge fan of Paul Simon in the earlier days.....saw him recently.....sounded bored!!
  • Options
    I saw Morrissey the first time he played Glastonbury.
  • Options
    very few acts i would want to see this year. The streets, the national and enter shikari are pretty much the only ones i would want to see from that.

Ah well, at least next year we'll have the arctic monkeys and the red hot chili peppers
  • Options
    I thought that Glastonbury had been cancelled for next year?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]I thought that Glastonbury had been cancelled for next year?

It's an off year yeah.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: east terrace peanuts[/cite] Was a huge fan of Paul Simon in the earlier days.....saw him recently.....sounded bored!!

This.
    Saw him in Bournemouth a year or two back and was really disappointed.
    Such a wonderful catalogue of songs to pick from, but the gig just never took off.

Ironically my brother, who was there with me had been to see Art Garfunkal a few weeks before and had come away raving about it.
  • Options
    The Streets are pretty woeful live.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: east terrace peanuts[/cite]Was a huge fan of Paul Simon in the earlier days.....saw him recently.....sounded bored!![/quote]

This.
    Saw him in Bournemouth a year or two back and was really disappointed.
    Such a wonderful catalogue of songs to pick from, but the gig just never took off.

Ironically my brother, who was there with me had been to see Art Garfunkal a few weeks before and had come away raving about it.[/quote]

Have been listening to latest 'So Beautiful So What'. He's trying too hard to recapture the past....it doesn't come off. Agree with your brother about Art, but even there maybe it is now time to sit back, listen and remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]The Streets are pretty woeful live.

can't say i agree, been to see them 3 times and each time i've had a blast. His hearts not really in it anymore but a couple of years ago he was bang on it. The "Go Low", "Go Moses", and "freeze" are inventions of his that get the whole crowd involved.

example
  • Options
    Bang on, seen them twice live and both times left early
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentaddick[/cite]

can't say i agree, been to see them 3 times and each time i've had a blast. His hearts not really in it anymore but a couple of years ago he was bang on it. The "Go Low", "Go Moses", and "freeze" are inventions of his that get the whole crowd involved.

example
    Remember them at Oxegen in Ireland, they didn't even realise they were in Ireland and were saying stuff like "how is london today?" spent most of the set just arseing around on stage. Guess it depends what mood he is in.
  • Options
    Never been a fan of 'Council House' music myself. The Kinks were alright I suppose but I confess they depressed me to much. More of a West Coast California man myself and these days anything that has that certain psychedelic lilt is attractive. These days Another Brother and Shpongle seem to hit the mark. In fact anything that Simon Posford seems to turn to gold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I saw Morrissey the first time he played Glastonbury.

And he'll be no different. Crap. Or probably even crappier!
  • Options
    Chirpy, good to see you know less about live music than football.

Good work!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Chirpy, good to see you know less about live music than football.

Good work!

?