Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

woolwich common

hoardings being put up all over.
does anyone know what's going on?
part of the olympic plans for the barracks perhaps?

Comments

• Options
    Tottenham moving in?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    New Barracks they are buiding a horse training unit there and people will be allowed access to watchready for the Royal Artilary to move back in.

Was in the SLP about 6-9 months back
  • Options
    Dont forget that the 2012 Pistol shooting is taking place in Woolwich, so maybe something to do with that too?
  • Options
    Live on charlton park lane and got a leaflet put through door a few weeks back there building a few futuristic looking buildings to house different events to do with the olympics. The buildings look like balls stacked on top of each other.
  • Options
    Kev is that 12 mins past eight ? free style pistol shooting by one of de local yoots ?
  • Options
    I believe its costing £15 mill to build, then after the Olympics its costing £13 mill to knock down and return the ground to how it was before it!
  • Options
    http://www.mercury-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=23616&y=2010&searchword=woolwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I believe its costing £15 mill to build, then after the Olympics its costing £13 mill to knock down and return the ground to how it was before it!
    Oh - but the Olympics will regenerate the area and create jobs... (for about ten months)
  • Options
    Genuine question........is Woolwich Stadium still there? If not when did it go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Man_About_Town[/cite]Genuine question........is Woolwich Stadium still there? If not when did it go?

No there any more, but if you have a look at the Satellite picture of Stadium Road, Woolwich on Google Maps you can still make our where it was opposite the hospital.
  • Options
    There still is parts of the concrete terraces that can be made out they just have the grass growing over it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Man_About_Town[/cite]Genuine question........is Woolwich Stadium still there? If not when did it go?

No there any more, but if you have a look at the Satellite picture of Stadium Road, Woolwich on Google Maps you can still make our where it was opposite the hospital.

Thanks.......have some great memories of playing for R.E.M.E. at the Stadium back in the late 60s/early 70s. Will take it off my 'places to drive past' list for my next trip back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I believe its costing £15 mill to build, then after the Olympics its costing £13 mill to knock down and return the ground to how it was before it!
    Oh - but the Olympics will regenerate the area and create jobs... (for about ten months)
    Do your self a favour and avoid looking in to the Basketball arena!!

Although as I've said before, most of the money has been spent on improving public transport.
  • Options
    I wish they'd spend some money on stopping 13 year old kids mouthing off at the elderly on the 51.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I wish they'd spend some money on stopping 13 year old kids mouthing off at the elderly on the 51.

The good old 51.
    Shame about the vermin who use it nowdays, mind.