Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Changing the name of the club

Whilst Charlton Athletic has a few memorable moments of history (eg 1947 FA Cup) associated with the name, the turgidity and decline of recent years arguable outweighs the positives with negatives. I seem to remember that Orient kept changing their name when they were rubbish to 'wipe the slate' clean. Is there any value in us changing our name in a year or two (a 'starting over', if you will).

Is so, what name would people like to see. I think Royal Greenwich FC (Greenwich becomes a Royal Borough in 2012) has a great ring to it, and would help attract tourists/overseas visitors/Royal Family loving Yanks/etc. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Troll
  • Options
    Real Charlton FC ........or should that read "get real, Charlton?"
  • Options
    Not a name change but the badge will be changed next real to incorporate a crown.

Three designs already at Buck House and the college of Heralds for approval.

FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Troll

Troll FC? Nah, can't see that catching on S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Troll

Awooga
  • Options
    Manchester Utd
  • Options
    Daft idea - but I suppose we could always 'embrace Europe' and go metric: Charltonne!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not a name change but the badge will be changed next real to incorporate a crown.

Three designs already at Buck House and the college of Heralds for approval.

FACT

Sorry Henry - was that crown or clown..?
  • Options
    One of the designs includes Henry on an azure field with a cardy embossed with chevrons and an Oggy rampant. I understand some censorship is required!
  • Options
    North Kent Athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTVPlayer.co.uk
  • Options
    Why not leave the name but change our home colours to all white or even red and blue in a bid to rid ourselves of our embarrassing and frankly fruitless past - Or have a couple of nearby clubs already tried those ridiculous ideas, with no success?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]CAFCTVPlayer.co.uk

Hilarious - really annoys me how the official site seems to be set up only to push the CAFCTV player these days. I'm beginning to wonder if it'll be compulsory to have a subscription to get in the ground soon!
  • Options
    It might be embarrassing and it might be fruitless, but its our past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]It might be embarrassing and it might be fruitless, but its our past.

Think BD was talking about the nigels.
  • Options
    Charlton Nil? Or has someone already mentioned that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Daft idea - but I suppose we could always 'embrace Europe' and go metric: Charltonne!

We'll have to weight and see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]......... and an Oggy rampant. I understand some censorship is required!

I beg your pardon, Mr March ......!!!!!
  • Options
    Charl To2.com FC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Daft idea - but I suppose we could always 'embrace Europe' and go metric: Charltonne!

Not an ounce of sense in that idea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Tonnes of better ideas around
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]It might be embarrassing and it might be fruitless, but its our past.

Think BD was talking about the nigels.

Apology's to all : (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Move the club to Maid stone ...... time we become a proper Kent club again.
  • Options
    Peninsular FC

Playing in the O2 arena
  • Options
    West Woolwich Albion
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks This Thursday FC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]West Woolwich Albion

Made me smile!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Bromley Addicks This Tuesday FC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]West Woolwich Albion

Blackheath Borders FC
  • Options
    Tranquil Vale FC ...... as The Valley atmosphere is often so quiet and lacking.

We could also revert once again to our true nickname, "The Valiants".