Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Imperial War Museum

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
Went today. Great place. I usually get bored quite quickly in museums as I have found few that have engaged me. The IWM however is exceptional. Spent 3.5 hours there and only saw about 50% of it tops. Highly recommend it.

Comments

• Agree, very interesting place - and free too!

Definitely somewhere to take the kids in the holidays.
  • Yes. Interestingly the holocaust exhibition came with a PG warning, but I think it would be a good education for kids of a certain age.
  • Agreed, and some quality art in there too.

If you're looking for something to do I'd recommend a trip to the museum of London - Docklands
  • One of the very best museums in London, if not the country. Interesting, moving and educational. An eye-opener for anyone of any age.
  • It is my favourite museum. You can easily spend all day in there and The Nazi Holocaust section is very good and I do hope that more schools continue to take pupils there.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]One of the very best museums in London, if not the country. Interesting, moving and educational. An eye-opener for anyone of any age.
    We included a trip the Manchester Imperial War Museum when we went to Oldham last year. Also very much worth a visit
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]One of the very best museums in London, if not the country. Interesting, moving and educational. An eye-opener for anyone of any age.
    We included a trip the Manchester Imperial War Museum when we went to Oldham last year. Also very much worth a visit

........And the building itself is a work of art.
  • haven't been in there since a kid (ages ago) but its definetly on the list of things to do. Have any of you visit the Power House at Woolwich Arsenal. Its a small museum but I quite enjoyed it and its supporting local history.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]haven't been in there since a kid (ages ago) but its definetly on the list of things to do. Have any of you visit the Power House at Woolwich Arsenal. Its a small museum but I quite enjoyed it and its supporting local history.

Firepower - in the old Arsenal?

Went there last year but didn't really think too much of it to be honest. It passed the time a bit, but if that sort of thingv floats your boat then I can fully recommend The Tank Museum down in Dorset. More tanks than you can shake a stick at!
  • really. Am taking my two nephews to firepower tomorrow? they are both under 10 will they bored? its more about the boat trip/visit to the Dial Arch that im interested in.
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll pass an hour or so Curb_it, but as far as that sort of thing is concerned it's not as good as the Imperial War Museum or The Tank Museum.

Bought my boy a bullet in the shop on the way out, which he enjoyed more than the actual museum. It was "ok" though.
  • I could spend hours nagging away about virtually everything in there