Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO people in the print industry...

edited April 2011 in Not Sports Related
I need to see if we can get a new supplier for our Business Cards at work.

Anyone on here able to assist me?

I've just received a quote for getting mine printed up and they appear to be shafting me royally but before I tell them where to go I need to see whats out there

cheers

PS - The MD of the Company is a Charlton fan too if that helps get the price down :-)

Comments

• got mine down by www.business-cards.co.uk

carfax.admin@business-cards.co.uk

but my brother is a production manager so he got me a good deal
  • swissy give me a message with ya phone number and I will ring you and find out quantities etc, I print em myself and will give you a very good deal.
  • Olley comes highly recommended.

Used him for business cards and stationary as well as other bits.

Very good quality print work.
  • Cheers se10 thanks for the plug, my printing skills do know no bounds!! Swissy dude I will ring you tomorrow morning at 9 sharp to discuss.
  • I get all my printing done by Greycot Press in Thamesmead.

Family company, good people and reasonable.

Highly recommended.
  • For the amount of years you've known me falc you should give me a go, Charlton supporting owners In bandit country Peckham!! Will give you good pricing dude!
  • my cousin owns a print company in Kent if you want his details too. He's done my business cards for a reasonable price.
  • My old man is in the print...

mark@spmprint.com, tell him Dan gave you the email
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I get all my printing done by Greycot Press in Thamesmead.

Family company, good people and reasonable.

Highly recommended.[/quote]

Don't you use Advance Repro????
  • There's a place in Dartford Lowfield Street called FVR who are very good.

You could just use Vista Print? If you pay a bit extra you can get them printed without the advertising on the back. I did this and they look decent. Got about 250 double sided business cards for £30 on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Olly, do you do the designing too?
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Olly, do you do the designing too?

Yeah Creepy we do design here as well, we basically do most printing from Litho, digital to large format printing and finishing. Whisper me for details mate!!

And people that use vista print are using a firm who is knocking the arse out of the trade for everyone else, they are doing free business cards with something like a 7 day turn around, which totally undermines small print firms like us and why redundancy is ripe in this game!! They are scum!! Dont use em!!
  • Must admit I have used vista but since they tucked me up on my website and stuff they can go do one
    Will be in touch soon then mate, maybe a couple of weeks
  • MCS agree about Vista, we have to compete with them in Google, do you work for the firm that used to be Trademasters? thats the only firm I know in Peckham
  • Thing is with that vista mob they have to tuck people up because of the way they are offering these free business cards, its just really for want of a better word c***ish!! Just robs proper firms of much needed trade!! You can be fair and compeitive with prices and still make profit, there is just no need for underhand slaggery like that!!

Thats my rant over anyway!!
  • So Vista are a bigger company doing cheaper work so people shouldnt use them ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Benny Hill[/cite]MCS agree about Vista, we have to compete with them in Google, do you work for the firm that used to be Trademasters? thats the only firm I know in Peckham

They are slags Benny!! End of!!

I worked for Trademasters for 6 years mate, but left in about 2005! Now work for Tower which is literally round the corner!!

What do you do dude??
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]So Vista are a bigger company doing cheaper work so people shouldnt use them ?

No not cheaper, free!!!! Whats the point in that!!??
  • Ha - great business model.
    How do they survive that ?
  • Dunno, they advertise on the back of the cards tho, so i spose that helps!! But i think they wait till they have like 20 cards, do em all up on one sheet, then thats why they have such a long turn around time!! The quality is shocking too, i had to blast a mate last week for going there!! Cards are printed on some old shitter of a press!!

Gives me the 'ump tho OneLung!! I dont mind people being cheaper, thats fair enough, but giving em away is just plain slaggery!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Ha - great business model.
    How do they survive that ?

By tucking you up on delivery charges, and charging for google analytics, and charging to free up my domain name, by billing you twice in the same month for the same product, for charging you to ring them to sort it out...........
  • Slags!! I think i a going to go over there with Mr petrol can and mrs Matches!!
  • I can do any print needed on here. Will also help out when a CAFC charity etc needs help (within reason ). I currently do the work for the Upbeats among other things. However, my biggest client is Arsenal FC. !!!!
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Benny Hill[/cite]MCS agree about Vista, we have to compete with them in Google, do you work for the firm that used to be Trademasters? thats the only firm I know in Peckham

They are slags Benny!! End of!!

I worked for Trademasters for 6 years mate, but left in about 2005! Now work for Tower which is literally round the corner!!

What do you do dude??

Now thats a question mate, im a variable data programmer, im currently working with web 2 print programming but in the past ive done loads, magazine retouching, litho B2 pre-press and normal digital pre-press, I take it your in pre-press as well?
  • Benny I run a Xerox 1000 Color press, have run indigos and a xerox 5000 aswell, so I do plenty of variable data printing too, it's a funny old thing is variable data isn't it, we struggle to hey customers to utilise there client data as it could be!! Runs lots of large format bits as well if the press is quiet, but my background is an artworker, a crap one tho haha!

I dont recognise the name you just said, he must of worked for old Tower before the new govs took over!!
  • Benny Hill - you freelance? Interested in what you do -
  • MCS - I used to run a Turbostream back in the day ha ha, hated it! not the practical type, we have a Indigo 7000 here, I use XMPie you heard of it? id image you are using a variant of Darwin if your on Xerox. Im sure my mate said he used to work for Tower, anyhow, you are spot on about getting people to utilise VDP, the only sector to do it properly is direct marketing (junk mail). Company I used to work for called REAL Digital used to run some really good VDP campaigns, personalised game box covers etc.

Masicat - Not freelance mate, what is it your after?
  • Its like a different language this.

Well apart from the slags bit from MCS.
  • Benny i used to use 'Yours truly' when i ran the indigo, was a 1050 and was total piece of cleft! Swapped it for a Xerox 5000, great machine that, and it was Darwin i used on that! Used to work (in between TM and Tower) for A mailing House running said machines, and you are right they utilised the VDP much better, infact 90% of jobs were VDP including the first ever personalised Charlton ST renewal form you know the one with the Shirt on the peg, this was me who printed and helped engineer the job!! Moved to Tower after falling out with the mailing planks!! Had the 5000 at tower too, until last summer they swapped it for the Xerox 1000 with digital spot UV and of course XMPie!! Its awesome compared to Darwin and the indigo one!! We are just trying to get into doing more VDP but its a bit of a white elephant for clients to grasp data capture!! One day dude haha. Where do you work then dude?
  • Were Xmpie, Igen and nueveras. Running cross media campaigns and personalisation. REAL are up there with the biggest and the best. Im always looking for people with good VD knowledge.

We done the 'shirt on the peg' for Arsenal years ago, before Charlton nicked it. They used a photograph of a Thierry Henry shirt before we personalised and rune 80000 brochures for them.

Just setting up a new web2print side and looking to add an Indigo when the price is right.