Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Westboro Baptist Church

Bloody hell......anyone else see Louis Theroux's return visit to this bunch of lunatics? I was amazed by their antics in the first documentary 4 years ago. If anything, they have gotten worse.

If you haven't seen last night's show check it out on iPlayer.

Comments

• Options
    for a min i thought that was the new name for the Horse and Groom !
  • Options
    Yeah all nutters. So much time for Louis Theroux though...
  • Options
    Like shooting fish in a barrel really.
  • Options
    The younger women were not bad tho!
  • Options
    If you want a real laugh, the girls and there mother are all on Twitter.

Preaching away.
  • Options
    I can't bring myself to watch it...to think, these people are allowed to breed and raise children....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]The younger women were not bad tho!

That's you damned to hell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]I can't bring myself to watch it...to think, these people are allowed to breed and raise children....

You should.

They were tripped up several times and had no answers to their hypocriscy.

A guy on Twitter last night clearly new his bible and was asking them all sorts of questions. The mother took up the challenge with him and was made to look even more stupid than she was on TV.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]for a min i thought that was the new name for the Horse and Groom !

That's what I thought as well !
  • Options
    They are clearly utterly insane. If everyone just ignored them it would deprive them of the oxygen of infamy they so obviously crave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kevin Smith's been having a lot of fun with the Phelps' in the build to his new film Red State (which is about a WBC type family) Even invited some of them to a screening, they walked out after 15 mins and 2 of the family who had absconded did a Q and A afterwards
  • Options
    I love the Westboro Baptist Church. They're conclusive proof that Islam isn't the only religion that has batshit fundamentalists, Christianity has them too.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if Phelps is some kind of out-there art-comedy satirist in the Chris Morris mould. That song about jews was the giveaway.
  • Options
    It's the kids I feel sorry for, "tow our psycho line or never speak to us again".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]It's the kids I feel sorry for, "tow our psycho line or never speak to us again".
    Really? I would have thought the ability to excommunicate yourself from them waould be seen as a positive move.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I love the Westboro Baptist Church. They're conclusive proof that Islam isn't the only religion that has batshit fundamentalists, Christianity has them too.

They are both as bad as each other and i hate them equally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]It's the kids I feel sorry for, "tow our psycho line or never speak to us again".
    Really? I would have thought the ability to excommunicate yourself from them waould be seen as a positive move.

Yes when they're old enough Leroy I agree, but having kids under the age of 11 given that ultimatum is no good for anyone. The kids haven't chosen that path or views have they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]

Yes when they're old enough Leroy I agree, but having kids under the age of 11 given that ultimatum is no good for anyone. The kids haven't chosen that path or views have they?
    I'd argue the absolute opposite - the sooner they're out of that environment the better, surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Kevin Smith's been having a lot of fun with the Phelps' in the build to his new film Red State (which is about a WBC type family) Even invited some of them to a screening, they walked out after 15 mins and 2 of the family who had absconded did a Q and A afterwards

I wondered what became of him and his bubble perm after playing in our midfield back in the eighties.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]

I'd argue the absolute opposite - the sooner they're out of that environment the better, surely?

Depends, will there be anyone to take care of them etc.? There is a certain amount of cracks in the US social system.

---

My favourite bit was when the converted guy with the "Affliction" t-shirt said that the Bible said atheists were fools and Louis responded "Well the Bible would say that, wouldn't it?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Not sure why the pic didnt come up, but it's quality

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandwichgirl/4312683209/
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I love the Westboro Baptist Church. They're conclusive proof that Islam isn't the only religion that has batshit fundamentalists, Christianity has them too.

They are both as bad as each other and i hate them equally.
    Surely that only makes sense if you work from the assumption that the extremists are typical of the religion, which, by definition, they aren't.
  • Options
    8882.a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_titsorgtfo.jpg
  • Options
    im suprised some redneck hasnt done for them yet