Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The picture that makes a 20,000 mile round-trip worthwhile

Sam, six, and Luke, four, in their first ever Charlton Athletic strips purchased on my trip back to London where I took in the delights of the D&R and Saints games and had the pleasure of meeting Henry Irving.

Seeing the boys in their kits actually did make the pain of D&R worthwhile.....

We live out in Brisbane so they won't get to The Valley for a little while but I did stock up on DVD's of the glory years in the club shop and they have been engrossed in those since I got back.

Comments

• Now I just need some advice on how to upload the photo properly!
  • edited March 2011
    Might be easiest just to upload it at tinypic and then post a link.
  • Sam and Luke

Not great, but at least we have a picture!

Thanks Aliwibble.
  • Sam looks like he's preparing to sing the National Anthem at a game, and am loving the cheesy grin on Luke. Cute kids Ormiston :-)
  • Haha, cute. Nice one!

COYR
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Sam looks like he's preparing to sing the National Anthem at a game, and am loving the cheesy grin on Luke. Cute kids Ormiston :-)

If I had not got those kits when I did then Sam was getting very close to being a Spurs fan as he got a free Spurs kit as part of a football academy thing he went on.....

The kid is a football nut, last night we took his ball off him after he nearly broke the lounge room window when playing inside the house and he literally broke down in tears and said, "I can't live without playing football!"
  • Ormiston, just make sure he plays for england, not the aussies ;)
  • Nice picture, Ormy........your 2 little Aussie Reds.
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]........and had the pleasure of meeting Henry Irving.
    Pleasure, Ormy.........pleasure?
    (With due apology to Sir Henry Irving, who? who?)

;o)

PS: Did you get THE badge?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nice picture, Ormy........your 2 little Aussie Reds.
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]........and had the pleasure of meeting Henry Irving.
    Pleasure, Ormy.........pleasure?
    (With due apology to Sir Henry Irving, who? who?)

;o)

PS: Did you get THE badge?

Yes, mate, Henry sold me a CL badge which I proudly wore for the rest of my stay in London.

I wish I had bought more than one CL badge though as the two boys have been fighting over the bloody thing since I got it back here!
  • what have you done to them, look such nice kids too. Oh well.