Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LATE FINISH

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone know why Charlton games are always about the last to finish? Even the away games. It happens far too often to be a pure coincidence.

Comments

• I've been told that is the case when we play at home and notice it myself when we play away. There must be a reason but would be interesting if somebody has a clue why this might be.
  • Can't be something to do with Greenwich Mean Time because that is fairly accurate. Perhaps, because we lose so many games the officials feel sorry for us and allow for more stoppages.
  • Referee's get so caught up in the entertainment of our games that they forget the time and have to be reminded by the players that they are effing knackered after playing 95+ minutes again.
  • Do we have a longer half time?
  • Well the multi ball 'antics' have hardly helped have they!
  • definitely at home games we always appear to be closer to a 5pm than 4.45pm finish
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Anyone know why Charlton games are always about the last to finish? Even the away games. It happens far too often to be a pure coincidence.

Cos we're worth it !!
  • As someone who rarely attends games at the moment I can deffinately confirm we ALWAYS seem to be one of the last games to finish.
  • Are we simply slow in updating things compared to others rather than our games lasting any longer?
  • I don't know about away but our games have a habit of ending after everyone elses because they often start late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feels like we finish at 4.45 on the dot when losing, and about 5.00 when winning (remember that) or hanging on for a draw...