Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on Newbies Introduce yourself we do not bite !

Anyone else noticed the number of New Users that have signed up recently has increased quite a bit. Come on Guys & Gals there are about 20 or 30 of you that have signed up in the last ten days or so, introduce yourself, say hello..!

Comments

• Options
    Greetings one and all, Orpington Addick here. Only been supporting the Addicks since their return to The Valley - lived in the frozen north before that with no real allegiance - so still learning the history (I know, really missed out on the bad times...). Got interested when my son asked to go to a football match at a very young age - he's now converting the masses at Newcastle Uni (flies south for home games when he can, saw the biggest bore draw at St. James's Park). Can't remember what life was like before CAFC - season ticket holder in the East Stand Block G (and will always be no matter what) and contrary to what everyone in the North Stand Upper says, we do sing! And yes, the lino at the Fulham match was right below us and got a lot of stick, the w@nk*r.
  • Options
    Welcome Orpy
    Was going to ask if you were one in the same as the Orpy on CAFCBabes, but obviously not as he's still at school.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Greetings one and all, Orpington Addick here. Only been supporting the Addicks since their return to The Valley - lived in the frozen north before that with no real allegiance - so still learning the history (I know, really missed out on the bad times...). Got interested when my son asked to go to a football match at a very young age - he's now converting the masses at Newcastle Uni (flies south for home games when he can, saw the biggest bore draw at St. James's Park). Can't remember what life was like before CAFC - season ticket holder in the East Stand Block G (and will always be no matter what) and contrary to what everyone in the North Stand Upper says, we do sing! And yes, the lino at the Fulham match was right below us and got a lot of stick, the w@nk*r.

Hi Mate!
    I'm F block East. Row I. We do sing don't we. I'm glad I have a new allie. Fed up with all the stick we get.
  • Options
    the pair of you will be telling us you stay to the final whistle next !! :-)
  • Options
    Thought i'd post a link to the original "New posters thread" for the newer members to go through and add their story to.

Don't be shy peeps!

Where we are all from
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the pair of you will be telling us you stay to the final whistle next !! :-)

Don't start me on that one!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the greetings. Yeah, I also get fed up with the stick aswell. If only them in North Upper could see the North Lower (can't hear 'em anyway!!), they would stop having a go at us!!! I put it down to the acoustics in the stadium...

Row X for me - the level you walk in on.

Thought I ought to add that when my son doesn't make it, the missus comes along. However, she doesn't normally go to evening matches, so if the ticket is free, I'll post it on here - first come first served...
  • Options
    ALWAYS stay to the final whistle - get me money's worth. Anyway, it's rude to leave before the end. Imagine what Matty Holland must think when he comes round at the end...
  • Options
    ct_addick...some of you may know me from netaddicks..main reason I'm here is because they censored netaddicks as a gambling website at work. I must say I do find this a superior board and glad to be here. Been living in Connecticut, USA for about 18 years. I grew up in Charlton and used to go to every home game up until we left the valley and did go to Sellout Park. My Dad is a season ticket holder and was back at Xmas for the Fulham game. I am always so impressed with the ground when I revisit amazing really when you think where we were 15 years ago.
  • Options
    Welcome OrpingtonAddick, glad to hear at least two of you sing in the East Stand then. No Tartan blankets & Flasks I hope ..!

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ketman - not in the East then? I've heard as many as ten singing on several occasions. Mustn't make it too loud for the old folk... Yes, sometimes i do take a flask (!!!) with hot coffee and a decent dose of brandy. But a tartan blanket - that would remind me of the Bay City Rollers and that would make me vomit.
  • Options
    Nah fella, North Upper 'H' Block with the Ultras at the back of the stand.

Coffe & Brandy, what if your boy asks you for a swig ?
  • Options
    Welcome also to ct_addick in the U S of A !
  • Options
    He's 19 - not a problem! He drives aswell so I can drink as much as I like!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hail one and all, Bingaddick here.

I'm 47 and have supported the Addicks since I was a kid. The first Charlton game I saw was the QPR 3-3 home game currently featured on here. Actually I was nominally a Chelsea fan when I went to that game, for no reason other than my best mate supported them. My family come originally from East Kent, but settled in Catford in the early 1920's. My grandfather started supporting the Addicks during the ill fated move to the Mount. My Dad followed in his footsteps and so it wasn't long before I stopped supporting a team of stars and became afflicted with an Addicktion!!

I'm married with a couple of kids, my eldest son is 8 and the latest member of our family to become an active fan. Almost all my many aunts, uncles, cousins and their children are also fans. In 70's & early 80's we used to all meet up a home games. When we were in the old Third Division, if there was a family wedding on a home match day, the attendance would go down significantly.:-).

Born in Bromley, and brought up near Orpington, I now live just out side Norwich and on match days it takes me about three hours travelling each way, including the jams before and after the game. I have season ticket in the East Stand block D.

My favourite player is Killer, not just for his goals but he was such a character. When they made him, they threw away the mould!!

My favourite game - only one - Wembley Play Off Final. The only game at which I have ever cried (either tears of joy or sadness). A game of a lifetime. So many great memories of that game but the thing that sticks with me was the virtual silence as we left the ground. Fans walking along with heads shaking, trying to take it in. It was as if we were in collective shock. Then the Sunderland fans clapping us as their coaches move down Wembley way with us. Magical day.

Oh well, enough rambling. Come on you Red's - onwards and upwards!!
  • Options
    A welcome to Orpington, a yeeee-ha to ct-addick, and a binga, binga, binga, binga bango to bingaddick. Nice read that, feel like i know you all my life now !!

Welcome to the site one and all. Let us embrace you in the bosom of our Charlton soul.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Great introduction Bing! Welcome!

Your description of the aftermath of the Play off final with the phrase "vitual silence" is very very true and struck a chord with me.

Keep the quality posts coming.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Loved your post, Bing, great to hear your story. Certainly agree with you picking the Play Off Final as your all time fave and I, like probably everybody else on here, must have gone through every single heart stopping emotion that day.

I noticed you didn't mention our previous Wembley appearance, 11 years earlier.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    I noticed you didn't mention our previous Wembley appearance, 11 years earlier.......

No.

Still it was a day out!!
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and I really just started following Charlton last summer, sort of by an act of will. But there was something about the dramatic slide from mid-table to relegation zone that made me a regular lurker on the Charlton boards.

I've been interested in soccer since the 94 World Cup, I watched the subsequent world cups (didn't get much sleep during the Korea/Japan WC) but didn't follow any regular soccer. I used to watch mainly NFL and CFL football. However, my waning attention span started causing me to switch channels during the 40 odd seconds of recaps and inane chatter between plays in the NFL and missing big chunks of the game, and the Cleveland Browns were stolen. The CFL was faster but the players were all pretty much incompetent so I lost interest.

Then two years ago I discovered that there was soccer on local cable every Saturday morning which fits perfectly with my morning sluggishness, and my life was changed forever. Now I wake up at 6:30 on Saturday mornings to catch the early game. Every few weeks, I get to see Charlton play. (Not even facing the spoils of Russian looting are enough to get Charlton on Sportsnet this weekend).

I'll be pretty much lost to Charlton it they're relegated, since I don't think there's any coverage of CCC in Canada, so I"m hoping for suspense filled struggle to 16th and then on to greater things next year. Rommehdahl to Bent all the way to European football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Hey Captain Spaulding I'm a few clicks to the west of you in Alberta, i think there are 4 of us now on this site so officially a Charlton Life Canadian Clique.

If you get an ITVN Box there is good coverage of the lower leagues via Setanta Sports USA i missed the Cardiff - Barnsley game this afternoon but have recorded the Chelsea reserves v Charlton Reserves game that seemed to be being broadcast in repeat forms this week.

Go Stamps as they say in these parts :-S
  • Options
    Hi all. Start boooing now cos I'm a West Ham fan :-(
    Despite that horrific confession, I have a lot of affection for Charlton and they are my 2nd team. I always look at the way your board run the football club as a model for exactly how a club should be run. Forget signing players - I'd like West Ham to sign your board up!

I'm friends with Bingaddick (see above) and I too now live on the outskirts of Norwich- ooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhh boooootifull. I'm 49 and I run a small business in Norwich.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr thats it.

Shadow
  • Options
    Good to have you all on board.

Shadow, you and Mortain's views will be much appreciated over the next few weeks, always good to get a view on the other side of the fence.
  • Options
    Hello,

guess i should introduce myself!

used to go on netaddicks in the past but got bored with it. (and it never loads properly now anyway!)
    Used to live in Holland as a kid and my old man would take me to Charlton games when we were over visiting relatives. Then when we moved over, we lived in Bermondsey! Used to go with a fellow bermondsey addick or family to games.
    Dont go as often as i should now, Money is tight and I have a daughter who i only get to see on saturdays!
    First game was at Selhurst, a 4-2 loss against Arsenal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shadow[/cite]Hi all. Start boooing now cos I'm a West Ham fan :-(
    Despite that horrific confession, I have a lot of affection for Charlton and they are my 2nd team. I always look at the way your board run the football club as a model for exactly how a club should be run. Forget signing players - I'd like West Ham to sign your board up!

I'm friends with Bingaddick (see above) and I too now live on the outskirts of Norwich- ooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhh boooootifull. I'm 49 and I run a small business in Norwich.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr thats it.

Shadow

no worries dude, we have a resident Whammie already in the form of Mortain, so another is not so bad! Welcome aboard all new-uns!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Hey Captain Spaulding I'm a few clicks to the west of you in Alberta, i think there are 4 of us now on this site so officially a Charlton Life Canadian Clique.
    Go CLCC! From the time stamp, you seem to keep the same kind of hours I do, except maybe an hour earlier :)
    If you get an ITVN Box there is good coverage of the lower leagues via Setanta Sports USA ...

Go Stamps as they say in these parts :-S

I must have low self esteem or something, I'm a fan of the Browns, the Blue Bombers, and Charlton.

Does ITVN get you coverage of tomorrows game against Chelsea?
  • Options
    yes! 8am KO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shadow[/cite]Hi all. Start boooing now cos I'm a West Ham fan :-(

Errrrrrrrrrrrr thats it.

Went to school in Stepney and all my mates were hammers fans. Used to go with them sometimes when CAFC were away so they are my 2nd team. I hate it that we are fighting it out with you. Wish it were Spurs and we send them down....

Shadow
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [quote]
    Went to school in Stepney and all my mates were hammers fans. Used to go with them sometimes when CAFC were away so they are my 2nd team. I hate it that we are fighting it out with you. Wish it were Spurs and we send them down....

[/quote]

Yes, I feel the same way. I really want Charlton and west ham to stay up. After todays results though, I realy cant see both of us surviving :-(

Shadow
  • Options
    Allo

Been an Addick all my life (all 33 years of it!). Went to school in Blackheath and put up with all the piss-taking from my peers who were all armchair supporters (Liverpool and ManYoo mostly - this is before it became 'fahsionable' to support the Woolwich rejects)

Have been a NetSaddicks poster for about five years - even put up with all the two_sheds/EFB etc crap - but got so sick of the fact that the site is obviously on shit hosting that i decided to decamp over here.

Work in IT as a Security Admin, enjoy long walks, S&M and torturing small animals for fun... (well, music, films and drinking really - but that sounded more interesting)