Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jet Harris

Gone.

Comments

• Options
    Jet? Oo
  • Options
    A Ghostrider in the Sky!!

RIP
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the after-effects of last night's vindaloo.
  • Options
    He finally couldn't pull any strings. RIP
  • Options
    Sad news - I've still got most of his early stuff after he left the Shadows both with Tony Meehan and solo.

I know he had a lot of problems with alcohol - when he lived in Jersey he was pretty well known as a drunk - but I think he had been sober for quite a while and was living on the Isle of Wight in recent years.
  • Options
    RIP Jet.

When I started playing the guitar I learned all the early Shads stuff as soon as my fingers moved quick enough.
  • Options
    Diamonds was one of the first 45's I ever bought.
    Always thought he looked the coolest of the original Shadows!

For some reason I was initially surprised to read he was 71 - time marches on I guess.
    RIP
  • Options
    First record i ever bought was Apache by The Shadows
  • Options
    Apache was a classic recording. Couldn't play the guitar but learnt the next best thing: The Shadows 'walk'. Thanks for the music Jet, RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apache - my signature tune!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Diamonds was one of the first 45's I ever bought.
    Always thought he looked the coolest of the original Shadows!

For some reason I was initially surprised to read he was 71 - time marches on I guess.
    RIP

Same age as Lennon would have been this year. Hard to believe, eh?
  • Options
    Bloody hell Eddie, that is quite shocking.
    I guess he was a couple of years older than the other Beatles.
    Mind you, that makes Yoko 78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Bloody hell Eddie, that is quite shocking.
    I guess he was a couple of years older than the other Beatles.
    Mind you, that makes Yoko 78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ringo is/was the oldest. She always was 78, wasn't she??!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good old Cliff's seeing them off though (at 71).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Good old Cliff's seeing them off though (at 71).

I think you'll find he'll be 71 in October, 5 days after Lennon would have been that age. Ringo will be 71 in July. It all makes me feel very old!!
  • Options
    I suppose we are going to have to face up to our generations rock'n'roll heroes dying of old age before long.
    How very un-rock'n'roll that seems!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]I suppose we are going to have to face up to our generations rock'n'roll heroes dying of old age before long.
    How very un-rock'n'roll that seems!

Too true. Surely Roger Daltrey doesn't do My Generation any more!
  • Options
    LOL.
    Talking 'bout my geriatrics ;-)
  • Options
    His real name was Terry and he was nicknamed Jet because he was a fast runner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP.

I always thought that as he used to work for London transport "Bus" Harris would have been a more appropriate nickname...
  • Options
    He still did shows. A couple of years ago he was at the Palladium in Marty Wildes 50th showbiz anniversary show.Last year he toured with Marty in Martys 'Born to rock'n'roll ' show. I saw the show at Dartford and it was fantastic.Jets playing wasn't quite as good as it used to be but still brilliant. I was so sorry to hear the news.

RIP Jet.