Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite sport apart from football?

Comments

• Options
    Motorcycl racing. All the razzmatazz of modern GP racing is a far cry from my early days of going to Brands to watch Derek Minter & co. on their Nortons and AJSs, but it is still a thrilling sport, especially the vintage racing with its intoxicating smell of Castrol R in the aip.
  • Options
    Baseball. Only sport that come close to football for drama and history.

Middle distance running

Don't mind cricket.

Pretty much everything else leaves me cold
  • Options
    Only middle distance Henners? Very precise of you - :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Only middle distance Henners? Very precise of you - :-)

Sprinting is over too quick, marathons take too long. Anything from 800 to 10000 does it for me.

And why did you miss out Baseball?
  • Options
    football then formula 1 then cricket then rugby
  • Options
    WW Jigsaw just sems to fit together somehow.
  • Options
    Cricket by yards!
  • Options
    Cricket
    10 Pin Bowling
    Snooker
  • Options
    I used to watch lots of different sports but as ive got older all I can watch is football.
  • Options
    Ice hockey. Favourite sport - more than football, cricket or american football, which I also love. Falling out of love with football a bit in the past few years. I'll watch most sport, tbh - but hate all motor racing with a passion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brutal sport ice hockey i love it but not the uk stuff,boxing ,ufc, and tennis,and also love running
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]brutal sport ice hockey i love it but not the uk stuff,boxing ,ufc, and tennis,and also love running
    UK ice hockey is utterly shite and always has been. Seen a few KHL games (russian league) and some stuff from Finland and Sweden (much better) but nothing even gets close to the NHL. Go Pens!
  • Options
    Wayne gretzky what a nutter he was,such a graceful game as well,my brother who is american born slovakian mother loves the sport,they are pretty good the slovaks i think its there national game as well,wish i played it as a kid.
  • Options
    I like motor sport, particularly endurance racing - I've attended the Le Mans 24-hour race every year since 1999 bar one. Not particularly a fan of F1, but sometimes get drawn into it.

Used to love playing badminton, but haven't played in years.

Also like snooker, although the last time I played I got beaten by an 85 year-old who walks with a stick!
  • Options
    Tennis, badminton, ice hockey and athletics,table tennis , 20-20 cricket and 5 day cricket.
  • Options
    "Pilchard-Nhl, Atlanta Thrashers for me!"
    Good choice! I support the Falcons in nfl so I said I'd stick with the same city for nhl
  • Options
    Cricket
  • Options
    Blackhawks for me have watched hockey in the UK not as good as NHL but can be exciting. Rugby league at club level and union at internationals.
    Did go to Zuerich with the London Knights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]"Pilchard-Nhl, Atlanta Thrashers for me!"
    Good choice! I support the Falcons in nfl so I said I'd stick with the same city for nhl

Nice one mate! Everytime I go to the States -Atlanta is my first port of call so anything Atlanta based gets my vote, so as I love Nhl the Thrashers seem a natural fit, Up the Falcon's too!
  • Options
    Sadly for you Thrasher fans I think they'll be relocating soon. If the two of you on here got season tickets it would pretty much double their attendance :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Sadly for you Thrasher fans I think they'll be relocating soon. If the two of you on here got season tickets it would pretty much double their attendance :o)[/quote]
    zing
  • Options
    Ten pin bowling
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Sadly for you Thrasher fans I think they'll be relocating soon. If the two of you on here got season tickets it would pretty much double their attendance :o)
    zing

13,000 ish is the average according to ESPN- 28th out of 30. What is a rough break-even average attendance figure for an NHL team that would be considered good enough by their franchise holder to stay put Leroy?
    As for us CL Thrashers fan's-Let's hope that Stephen Rollins has the sufficient conkers to keep the chaps in Atlanta! ;o)
  • Options
    Rugby (both codes) and cycling
  • Options
    Cricket and then a distant third to Rugby
  • Options
    WWE all day long
  • Options
    MotoGP and Superbike racing and boxing are my preferred sports other than football. Also like UFC.
    Cricket is the dullest sport ever and the skill ends in rugby once they have tied their boot laces up.
  • Options
    NFL. Steelers fan. Also like ufc but I don't follow it as much as others. Like the big fights in boxing (when they happen) but the sport is a joke as someone else said earlier.
  • Options
    Horse Racing, Boxing & Darts.