Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done brum

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Another small to medium club who make there time in the premier league count.

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't ours then?
  • Options
    I think if you look at most clubs who have a decent time in the premier they will gain a cup or perhaps a final like wigan or fulham,think we need to be honest with ourselves we surely being bigger in support than some of these clubs should have had our moment in the sun . I think you can safely say we will never win or get to a final in our lifetimes.
  • Options
    Depends on how long you're plannng on living nolly.
  • Options
    Matters not it will never happen thats for sure,we have our win at highbury though....
  • Options
    So what you moaning about then?
    ;o)

And the wins at Anfield, WHL, Upton Park, Stamford Bridge (x however many - lost count after a while), etc.
  • Options
    Well done Brum

NSFW http://ht.ly/44kfl
  • Options
    You're right Nolly.

For a good few seasons in the Prem we were safe by Feb so we could have really concentrated on the FA Cup but we didn't. One 1/4 in all those years and we bottled that.
    As for the League Cup.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember someone saying........."The cup (either) will almost certainly be won by a Prem team. There's no reason why that team shouldn't be us."
    A shame he didn't really believe that.
  • Options
    Indeed Chirpy shocking.
  • Options
    well we got to the quarters of the league cup and sacked the manager who got us there , with a real tough tie against wycombe on the cards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]You're right Nolly.

For a good few seasons in the Prem we were safe by Feb so we could have really concentrated on the FA Cup but we didn't. One 1/4 in all those years and we bottled that.
    As for the League Cup.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember someone saying........."The cup (either) will almost certainly be won by a Prem team. There's no reason why that team shouldn't be us."
    A shame he didn't really believe that.

well said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was shocked to hear even leyton orient had a cup run in the 70s lol
  • Options
    yep i'm so jealous of oxford united as well
  • Options
    yep oxford are all over the place but at least living people saw them once have their day also...
  • Options
    F... me luton had a day also
  • Options
    Brentford there you go nothing from them.
  • Options
    There was me trying to add some light to the self flagellation
  • Options
    This is something I always think too. We had seven / eight years in The Premiership, acquired decent players and won nothing.......and, no, wins in the league aren't enough, no matter who they were against, they were just ordinary league games.

One of the reasons is apathy. How often do we hear even by the fans that it's better to be out of the cups so that we can concentrate on the league? It's something I just don't understand, as a club like us or Birmingham stand a far greater chance of winning a cup than the league. After all, why are we competing: don't we want to ever win anything?
  • Options
    Pleased for Bow. Well done Birmingham.
  • Options
    i would rothko cracking rack
  • Options
    We won a cup 64 years ago....okay that's a little while ago but its still better than Palace & Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aye NLA, cracking rack, that's a goal start for Brum right there
  • Options
    think i would be happy with a final loss than holding on to cup nobody on here saw lol
  • Options
    not my favourite Club, or rather set of fans after a few incidents at St Andrews, BUT it's pleasing to see a lesser club and someone different winning a Cup for a change. Pleased for Bowyer as well. Now if we could get him to see out his career with us next season ......
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well done Brum. Played with real grit. Ben Foster was awesome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]This is something I always think too. We had seven / eight years in The Premiership, acquired decent players and won nothing.......and, no, wins in the league aren't enough, no matter who they were against, they were just ordinary league games.

One of the reasons is apathy. How often do we hear even by the fans that it's better to be out of the cups so that we can concentrate on the league? It's something I just don't understand, as a club like us or Birmingham stand a far greater chance of winning a cup than the league. After all, why are we competing: don't we want to ever win anything?

It's mainly because staying in the Premiership became SO important (for obvious reasons) that for the smaller Premiership clubs the FAC became a second-class competition that had little attraction for them.

We traditionally used up so much steam in the August-February portion of the season to get to the 40-point mark that by the time the FAC was in full sway we were usually on our downward spiral.
  • Options
    Excellent performance by Brum, also a wonderful example of how a dreadful decision by an Assistant referee can effect a game. Arsenal 1-0 down with ten men from the first five minutes would have been interesting, how on earth can we prevent this happening so often ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Pleased for Bowyer as well. Now if we could get him to see out his career with us next season ......

With you on that ... would be very happy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Well done Brum

NSFWhttp://ht.ly/44kfl

well that explains what the Woolwich Reject keeper and defender where looking at when they should have been dealing with the ball.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]One of the reasons is apathy. How often do we hear even by the fans that it's better to be out of the cups so that we can concentrate on the league? It's something I just don't understand, as a club like us or Birmingham stand a far greater chance of winning a cup than the league. After all, why are we competing: don't we want to ever win anything?
    I don't understand it at all. How can finishing mid table be better than wining a cup? People can go on about Man Utd playing in Brazil but this ridiculous attitude is what hurts the cup the most.
  • Options
    Deserved the win given that they should've had a penalty in the first minute and Arsenal should've been down to 10 men for the rest of the game.