Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Kinsella - Club Legend

I had the privilege at the Notts County match of sitting next to Mark Kinsella ( just part of the crowd , not hospitality) i asked him for an autograph at half time for my son , and had a good chat with him , obviously he was gutted to be let go from Charlton , but he still took the time to come along and watch us and still loves Charlton.It would be easy for him to remain bitter etc , but the guy was a class act as a player , and also a person , a gentlemen in the truest sense , i hope he finds a job in Football management soon.

Comments

• Nice to hear. Anything in the pipeline?
  • Not at the moment , the jobs are not there at the moment , i think he needs to start at the bottom and work his way up , and prove to people he can do the job , he said he would love to manage Charlton one day!
  • he could probably come back to Ireland and get a job, I'm sure he'd get a job in first division here. Be great to see him work his way up
  • I met Mark Kinsella at a Junior Reds Christmas party back in the days when he was captain. I was hugely impressed, an absolute gentleman who carried an air of focussed professionalism about him. What we would give to have a player of his qualities today.

I would love to see him prove himself and then one day walk out onto the Valley pitch with a Charlton scarf around his neck as manager. Good luck to him.
  • Would love to find another like kinsella from somewhere , must be a gem like him in league 1 or 2 we could get in the summer. A fantastic leader on the pitch and a true charlton legend.
  • Ask him if he still has his boots!!
  • Used to live at the top of Floyd Road. The day we got relegated from the premier league (the first time), I was stood outside kicking a ball around with my mate, and saw Kinsella coming up the road in his car. I stood there and held out the badge on my shirt and he slowed down, shook his fist and mouthed "Come on" with a more than determined look on his face. If ever there was a player who truly cared, it was him.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Ask him if he still has his boots!![/quote]

I did ask him if he still played and he said he did play in the Vets league at the weekend ( bet he could still do a job for us)
  • Having worked his way up, maybe he will come back to us when we have returned to the Premiership and Powell has been poached to manage England!
  • I still think that one day he'll be our manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• i dont think he will ever manage us

great player for us a huge part of our recent history, however i dont get the feeling he is a great coach needs to work hard on that as a 2 then work his way up
  • [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Ask him if he still has his boots!!

I did ask him if he still played and he said he did play in the Vets league at the weekend ( bet he could still do a job for us)

I agree mate!