Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky, anyone notice when asked

If Charlton would go up this season, as he answered yes his earpiece popped out of his ear. Must have been his brain going into overload. Very funny timing.

Comments

• Options
    thought he spoke very well about us throughout the whole programme
  • Options
    I saw that too, guinnessaddick. He's a true gent, Elthamaddick, a lesser man wouldn't have been able to resist having a pop at the new board, Powell or the players.
  • Options
    His personal frustrations with Racon came to the surface slightly too about the given away free kick.

Fair play to him really.
  • Options
    I think he comes across well on TV, anyone else catch him saying "we" in reference to the team?
  • Options
    As a man it's very difficult to find fault with Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]As a man it's very difficult to find fault with Parky.

Totally agree, and to be fair not many Charlton fans have ever said otherwise even if we didn't like his management.
  • Options
    Noticed on sky this morning he is also involved with Martin Allen's http://www.profc.net/
  • Options
    I was one of those who felt that it was essential that Parky left, on the evidence of his time with us I did not feel that he had the capacity to take us where we want to be. Having said that he is undoubtedly a very nice fellow, and I enjoyed his contribution last night. He might actually make a good number two to one of the many nasty b***ards.
  • Options
    I must admit I was surprised to see him on the show last night and did wonder what he might say about Charlton, but he conducted himself well.
  • Options
    Thought he did well. Kept going when the earpiece fell out like a pro.

Keeps his face in the minds of potential employers as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]If Charlton would go up this season, as he answered yes his earpiece popped out of his ear. Must have been his brain going into overload. Very funny timing.[/quote]

His earpiece fell out as the producers laugh was so loud when he said that
  • Options
    He'd make a brilliant pundit if he ever goes down that route, well articulated and educated on the lower leagues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]As a man it's very difficult to find fault with Parky.

As a woman it's very difficult to find fault with Parky.
  • Options
    Did seem to speak very nice of us, does need to recognise there's a camera facing him but spoke very well!
  • Options
    A true gent, you can see/hear he still wanted to be manager.
  • Options
    More respect needs to be shown to Phil Parkinson, he never once hid as a manager or a player (and as a player you did not f*ck with him)

Seems Chris Powell is having the same problems with the feckless bunch we currently have wearing the shirt
  • Options
    Didn't have any money to spend with us too.
  • Options
    Thought he spoke well and looked well, about ten years younger. As said he never dissed the Club or anyone connected with it although to be honest I never thought he would have. Thought he showed what we all thought, that is is a decent guy. Good luck to him whatever he does next.
  • Options
    Thought he showed what I thought, that is that he knows what he's talking about. He'll make a very good manager for a club that give him the time and resources.
  • Options
    All of what has been said above, a true gent and not a bad word to say about CAFC past or present
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always thought he was not as bad as most of us thought, still feel he done a good job under difficult conditions.
    Thought he would of been given till end of season,with a few funds by the new owners,he was dissmissed so quickly and with out warning,think he deserved better than that.
    The board are now finding out its not that easy,just hope they handle Powel better if it goes a bit pear shaped and not to their liking.
  • Options
    Worth remembering that its only a couple of months since he won the manager of the month award and for those who say he was a long ball merchant should remember the passing football we played at the start of last season. As CP is now seeing - once those players go out on the pitch there's not a lot you can do - either they don't have the confidence to play passing possession football or as many of us have already worked out they are simply not good enough.
  • Options
    He said a lot of positive things about us and did not seem bitter for one second.
    A real gent and I would hope he is back managing as soon as possible.
  • Options
    If we had played the long ball game on friday we may have done better
  • Options
    True - you can't pass on the floor when there is more mud than grass on top - but those who like to play it long - Doherty and Francis - need to at least try and aim their punts at their own players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If we had played the long ball game on friday we may have done better
    Long ball was all we did in the first half. It did create some chances but it also gave the ball straight to the opposition.

Need to find the right balance. Long balls at the right time, passing when there's enough space to do it.
  • Options
    Guest on Sky tonight for Posh v MK Dons, although may aswell not be there - Aidy Boothroyd getting all the questions
  • Options
    Ha Ha noticed that he looks like a stress free man now !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AdTheAddicK[/cite]Ha Ha noticed that he looks like a stress free man now !![/quote]

Uncontrolled laughter can do that
  • Options
    was parky realy that bad we were 5th when he left