Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trouble at Millwall

191011121315»

Comments

• Options

"The Korean"? Nice. Good job you never said "The African", eh?

What's your problem? Why would I call a Korean an African? Why would I call an Englishman a Scotsman?

You know exactly what I mean. Mug.

No I don't. I don't know the gentlemans name so don't know how to spell it. Rather than opening up another tab & searching for the match report just to copy & paste his name in to make the sentence 100% accurate, I called him the Korean. I guess I should have said South Korean.

If I'd have called him Chungy, would you have also termed that as not being very nice? As that's what Sordell called him.

How the fuck can describing someone by their nationality be termed offensive?

There was an Englishman, Scotsman and an Irishman....oops, sorry, I guess that's offensive.

Don't be so wilfully disingenuous. You know full well that it's the context you say something in that defines it as offensive. You deliberately went out of your way to refer to him as 'the Korean' because you knew full well that if you'd referred to Afobe as 'the African' youd have been pulled on it and you know it. Stop trying to pretend you said it for any other reason than you could get away with it. And I don't give a toss what you post next - nothing you say will mark you out as anything other than a sad bigot.

Anyway - why are you bothered about this? If you're a Millwall fan, dont you revel in the fact that no one likes you? Don't you take great delight in reminding people that you don't care? Maybe you should hand back your little persecution complex/insouciance badge back to the local branch of the SE1 Muppetshow Supporters' Club?

• Options

Addickted said:

You must get so pissed off defending some of the scum who support your Club SLL - I don't know why you bother.

IF someone did say what was alleged then I ain't defending that. It's embarrassing for that person & ignorant. I fail to see what Millwall FC can do to control it though, other than ban them. That's about as much as they can do. It's society that has failed to educate someone.
    Why are you defending these people though. You know it happens - why would an opposition player make it up?

It's about time the Millwall fans themselves did something to stop this cancer.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

You must get so pissed off defending some of the scum who support your Club SLL - I don't know why you bother.

IF someone did say what was alleged then I ain't defending that. It's embarrassing for that person & ignorant. I fail to see what Millwall FC can do to control it though, other than ban them. That's about as much as they can do. It's society that has failed to educate someone.
    Why are you defending these people though. You know it happens - why would an opposition player make it up?

It's about time the Millwall fans themselves did something to stop this cancer.
    You're forgetting, no one likes them and they don't care
  • Options
    SLL:
    The problem here is the use of the definite article. 'The Korean' is definitely insulting, as is 'the African', 'the black' and 'the disabled'. If you had added the word 'player' after each of those then that is acceptable.
    This is not being PC, it is just referring to other people in terms that are acceptable to them and the rest of us. However, perhaps we expect too much from Millwall fans.
  • Options
    For everyone using Fulham away as an example, they wasn't charged over the original racial hatred offence. It's been downgraded like pl54 said.

If anything there should be alot of apologies on here over the original thread!
  • Options

What's your problem? Why would I call a Korean an African? Why would I call an Englishman a Scotsman?

No I don't. I don't know the gentlemans name so don't know how to spell it. Rather than opening up another tab & searching for the match report just to copy & paste his name in to make the sentence 100% accurate, I called him the Korean. I guess I should have said South Korean.

If I'd have called him Chungy, would you have also termed that as not being very nice? As that's what Sordell called him.

There was an Englishman, Scotsman and an Irishman....oops, sorry, I guess that's offensive.

Don't be so wilfully disingenuous. You know full well that it's the context you say something in that defines it as offensive. You deliberately went out of your way to refer to him as 'the Korean' because you knew full well that if you'd referred to Afobe as 'the African' youd have been pulled on it and you know it. Stop trying to pretend you said it for any other reason than you could get away with it. And I don't give a toss what you post next - nothing you say will mark you out as anything other than a sad bigot.

Anyway - why are you bothered about this? If you're a Millwall fan, dont you revel in the fact that no one likes you? Don't you take great delight in reminding people that you don't care? Maybe you should hand back your little persecution complex/insouciance badge back to the local branch of the SE1 Muppetshow Supporters' Club?

Really?!

Do you not read football reports for example where it might say Zamora and the Irishman linked up well or something similar - Would you object to that?, what about if you can't remember/spell someones name and refer to them as the "tall one" or "korean one" ?

You must be permantley offended on other peoples behalfs.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Do not blame society, that's a cop out! Blame the parents, scum begats scum.

• Options

I have heard a lot worse at the valley then calling someone the Korean one!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    SE10 said:

Really?!

Do you not read football reports for example where it might say Zamora and the Irishman linked up well or something similar - Would you object to that?, what about if you can't remember/spell someones name and refer to them as the "tall one" or "korean one" ?

You must be permantley offended on other peoples behalfs.
    Once again, context. Look it up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard J said:

Why is it always Millwall that have this problem,last year Muamba made a similar comment?

Growing up I was taken to the Den by an old school friend almost as much as going to the Valley,I could never relate to the atmosphere there and felt that it was pretty borderline in terms of acceptability.

In answer to SLL, our club actively assisted in those arrests following the Fulham game,I have never seen the Spanners take such a public stand against a similar group of their fans.

Can't recall any of our fans being filmed on public transport signing anti-Lawrence songs and pro-Dobson ones.

We've had people nicked & banned for racial abuse as the police statistics show, so surely that means the club is doing something?

It's also a club that have had an immigrant chairman, a black female executive, a current foreign chairman, a black man heading up our commercial team http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/life-lions and have voted a black player of the season for 4 of the last 10 seasons. It's also a set of fans who all stood to applause & chant Danny Shittu at the end of the game as he walked to every side of the ground to applaud us after an immense performance.

Hardly the reflection one would expect on what appears to be a club full of hate, viciousness and racism is it. The deep rooted prejudiced views on here are no different to what you accuse Millwall fans of, as many of you lap up the headlines and believe every thing you read, whether it's true or not, whilst trotting out the same tired accusations whilst accusing us of the same!
    Sparrow, you talk as if none of us have ever been to Millwall and simply 'lap up the headlines'. I've been to old and new Den over 50 times, as have a good many people on here. I've been to over 60 league grounds and Millwall stands out as the place with the most hate aimed at oppo, their own players and anyone else around. You can keep defending as much as you want but we see such defence as part of the problem. It certainly won't wash on here.
  • Options
    Say what you like, but the atmosphere down the Den can be intimidating, and must have a positive effect on the home team.
    Granted, they are no angels, but they can certainly (at times) act as the 12th man.

Think there's some clutching at straws with the Korean argument.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Say what you like, but the atmosphere down the Den can be intimidating, and must have a positive effect on the home team.
    Granted, they are no angels, but they can certainly (at times) act as the 12th man.

Think there's some clutching at straws with the Korean argument.

Agree 100%. The crowd plays a big deal - I think we play worse when our crowd gets pissed off at the valley.

As for this racism stuff - referring to someone by their country of origin is not racist; that kind of argument absolutely does my head in. People seriously seem to look for reasons to get offended. Unless he was using the country of origin in a derogatory manner (which would be quite impressive.) then I fail to see how it's racist.

Millwall has its fair share of tools. Don't we all? The obvious difference is that Millwall have a reputation built upon their tools, whilst we've have tried to silence ours. Doesn't mean we're completely unaffected now does it? Personally I think 9 pages of this is a little embarrassing to be honest; it's repetitive and stating the obvious. I'm impressed by SLL's lengths of defence of his own clubs tools, but I don't see why he's bothering to be honest. We're never all going to be singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • Options
    i thought it was well thought out ? i told you and all your scum to f**k off and i hope someone burns your shit hole down.

Very clear.
  • Options
    9 pages about Millwall, another thread about thier gound.
    An unhealthy fascination.
    Fuck'em.