Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Final

Cheapest ticket is £150, most expensive £300.

You could have 30 tickets for Saturdays game for that!

On another note can someone tell me what's wrong with this picture, or is it just me?

Edit: Can't post it link below

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1595625.html#wembley+final+tickets+sale

Comments

• Options
    £80 for a wheelchair.

It's like it's a parking fine.

£26 admin fee!!

People's game my arse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]

On another note can someone tell me what's wrong with this picture, or is it just me?

Paul Ince wearing sunglasses indoors?
  • Options
    Had to have a look at that again, very good!

It's to do with the board that they're holding up.
  • Options
    Love this quote

"UEFA also encourages fans not to be lured into deals with touts who not only demand exorbitant prices"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Had to have a look at that again, very good!

It's to do with the board that they're holding up.

Lol! Oh yes!!

Diddy David Hamilton doing the pre-match announcements then...... Weird.
  • Options
    It's the womens final on the Thursday before......
  • Options
    Thanks Chirpy. Makes no mention of that in the article though? Strange.
  • Options
    Absolutely disgusting. Was thinking about getting some before the pricing was announced. Wont be going even if Spurs get there. That is an absolute joke.
  • Options
    standard spurs fan response. possibly biggest day in the clubs history but wont stump up the £150 to be there. short arms deep pockets.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Absolutely disgusting. Was thinking about getting some before the pricing was announced. Wont be going even if Spurs get there. That is an absolute joke.

You'll get your money back when you win it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]standard spurs fan response. possibly biggest day in the clubs history but wont stump up the £150 to be there. short arms deep pockets.

;-)

Very short arms. I'm not paying £150 to watch any football match. That is just riddiculous, Champions League Final or not. To be fair, a few years ago I might have considered it but not now. I'd rather watch the game on TV and spend the money on my daughter.
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Absolutely disgusting. Was thinking about getting some before the pricing was announced. Wont be going even if Spurs get there. That is an absolute joke.

You'll get your money back when you win it...

That is true lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]standard spurs fan response. possibly biggest day in the clubs history but wont stump up the £150 to be there. short arms deep pockets.

;-)

Very short arms. I'm not paying £150 to watch any football match. That is just riddiculous, Champions League Final or not. To be fair, a few years ago I might have considered it but not now. I'd rather watch the game on TV and spend the money on my daughter.

If the game was in say, Paris, and the ticket only cost £50 would you have gone?
  • Options
    I'll apply... might bosh in an application for the Europa final as well.

Opportunities like this don't come along that often - as ValleyGary says even if the finals were in France it would cost a fortune to get over unless you drove it with the inflated travel prices that would be attached (just as they do when England dates are announced)

£150 is only £100 more than the top rate at Wembley for non-hospitality tickets to England friendlies... on that scale - value! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Love this quote

"UEFA also encourages fans not to be lured into deals with touts who not only demand exorbitant prices"

superb

I see UEFA as the apprentice to big brother FIFA... they really are scum but they have such a chokehold on everything what can anyone realistically do?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]

;-)

If the game was in say, Paris, and the ticket only cost £50 would you have gone?

Oooh you've got me there. Thats different. Away trips are massively different. Have had no hesitation going to the San Siro or etc before but then 3 days away have cost £150-200 if that, including the football. Tickets for the San Siro was £19. Think PSV in the UEFA cup a few years back was €25 so about the same. Paying £150 to watch a game at Wembley though is riddiculous.
  • Options
    Plastic!
  • Options
    Id pay whatever it took and i could possibly afford if my team made it to the Champions League final.

Then i woke up....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wouldn't go either.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Will have to be a hard sell if it's Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Copenhagen!
  • Options
    Thinking of buying a couple in case of an all English final... would pick up grand each i reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Thinking of buying a couple in case of an all English final... would pick up grand each i reckon

That will definitely help the cause well done you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Thinking of buying a couple in case of an all English final... would pick up grand each i reckon

That will definitely help the cause well done you

I know I'd be extremely pissed off if Charlton were in the same situation, but we're not and not going to be any time soon.

They'd only be taken up by neutrals doing the same...
    I need the money big time and one man's lost is another man's treasure ;)
  • Options
    The tickets allocated to the 2 finalists will be £80 each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]The tickets allocated to the 2 finalists will be £80 each.

As a matter of interest, two of my pals flying out to Barca for the 2nd leg paid £70 plus booking fees for their official Ars*nal ticket. Its very expensive to get in Library's now, dont you know!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]The tickets allocated to the 2 finalists will be £80 each.

So that'll take care of a dozen or so, what about the rest... ;-)
  • Options
    I went to the Liverpool v Bruges European Cup Final at Wembley in 1978. The ticket was around £5 and tickets were on sale on the day from the Wembley Box Office! That was Pre-Italia 90 & Euro-96, when the middle classes & the corporates hijacked the game. Cup finals are now called events and the ground will be full of plastics, apart from those proper fans from the competing teams who will have cleaned out their bank accounts. But there won't be many of them.

I remember David Dein saying at the launch of the Premier League that football matches need to become events and he used the NFL as his example. The Champions League Final is now like the SuperBowl.

I hope there are plenty of empty seats.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]I hope there are plenty of empty seats.
    Me too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Its very expensive to get in Library's now, dont you know!

After our trip to WHL in the cup, I don't think you're in any position to be throwing 'library' jokes around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]I went to the Liverpool v Bruges European Cup Final at Wembley in 1978. The ticket was around £5 and tickets were on sale on the day from the Wembley Box Office! That was Pre-Italia 90 & Euro-96, when the middle classes & the corporates hijacked the game. Cup finals are now called events and the ground will be full of plastics, apart from those proper fans from the competing teams who will have cleaned out their bank accounts. But there won't be many of them.

I remember David Dein saying at the launch of the Premier League that football matches need to become events and he used the NFL as his example. The Champions League Final is now like the SuperBowl.

I hope there are plenty of empty seats.

don't think there'll be many empty seats!

especially if one of the English clubs gets there - people will pay whatever it takes - hence UEFA know they can charge these ridiculous prices
  • Options
    And don't forget Wembley are missing out on the revenue for 2 play off finals because of UEFA's pointless rules...