Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite club/away ground to visit?

I've had a few pleasant trips to Huddersfield including peter jackson's first game in charge, 3-0 to us if i remember right. Enjoyed the Mcalpine at it first was named and think i remember paying £8 to get in (a while ago, lol).

Comments

• Options
    Used to be the Goldstone, Brighton's old ground ... great ground.
  • Options
    I was at that Hudersfield game as well - really enjoyed that one, it helps with a 3-0 win though. Always enjoy Tranmere, Liverpool is a great city for a weekend.
  • Options
    Villa Park and Anfield, full to capacity on a night game. Class
  • Options
    I like the walk to Fulham, not so enamoured of the ground though...used to really like the old Highbury, and the Goldstone.
    Didn't like Selhurst or Luton, the old Baseball ground was good...always enjoy Orient, and old Trafford is very good too.
  • Options
    Orient and Old Trafford are good shouts. I like Sheff Wed. Always liked going to Hibs and Hearts before I moved down.
  • Options
    Maine Road, what an atmosphere!
  • Options
    Brentfords always fun ;)
  • Options
    Newcastle.
  • Options
    Highbury......

Because, all my football life I wanted us to beat them , and we did!.....
  • Options
    Not for glitz or glamour , but i love Welling!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunderland Or Derby
  • Options
    MK Dons, just for the comfortable leather seats
  • Options
    Everton always beered up when I go there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]Everton always beered up when I go there

Absolutely shocking if you end up in the lower tier though.
  • Options
    Liverpool, Leeds, West ham. Good memories of away games.
  • Options
    everton , west ham ,old trafford
  • Options
    Ipswich - Portman Road
  • Options
    In recent times, have enjoyed Brentford and Barnet. Good pubs at both, easy to get to and both grounds are fairly unique.
  • Options
    Highbury was always my favourite but sadly no more.
    Haven't got a current favourite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Highbury was always my favourite but sadly no more.

My secret place in Southampton ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Highbury was always my favourite but sadly no more.

Mysecretplace in Southampton ?
    The secret place is good, very good, really enjoyed that day out!

Norwich was another enjoyable day out, the big pub down by the river in the sunshine...oh and the football too!
  • Options
    Has to be Newcastle. Have a friend who used to run a guest house who was a season-ticket holder.

Great nightlife, Whitley Bay, the Boat, and we usually did well there, including the 4-3 when we were 3-0 down.

Locals friendly, even when we scored the 4th, I stood up in the middle of the home stand and a "kindly" voice from behind said "siddoon man".

Policeman once told me to "act your age, not your shoe size". This was when Colin Walsh had broken his leg and I was going mental at the opposite end.
  • Options
    The old baseball ground had a great atmosphere with the Away fans stood right next the home fans. In terms of stadiums I think the Sunderland new ground is verry impressive and you get a great view of the action alongside nearbye Newcastle too whose atmosphere is always great aswell.
  • Options
    I loved Fratton Park. Only went there once but it was an excellent place. We won 2-0, Ambrose and Rommedahl, evening game, in the rain, before they put the roof on the away end.