Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Brown @ Dartford FAO DA9!!!!

edited February 2011 in Not Sports Related
Original Rocker Joe Brown plays The Orchard at Dartford on Saturday 26th March.

TIckets are £25 but I have 3 for sale for £50. My sister has decided to have her 50th Party that night now so I cannot go.

Joe is great entertainment, I've seen him a few times and am sorry to be missing this.

If you're interested please drop me a whisper.

Comments

• I would have gone but Dad will be down the dog track and my mother will be playing bingo.
  • And your sister.......?
  • is your mother ..........

Oh no what am I saying !!!!!!!
  • every time I think of Joe Brown I think of the awful demise of Eddie Cochran, Joe continually reverts back to that tour with Cochran and Gene Vincent and how much Cochran's playing influenced and helped him - I'd love to have seen what music would've become if both Eddie Cochran and Buddy Holly had lived longer.
  • [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]every time I think of Joe Brown I think of the awful demise of Eddie Cochran, Joe continually reverts back to that tour with Cochran and Gene Vincent and how much Cochran's playing influenced and helped him - I'd love to have seen what music would've become if both Eddie Cochran and Buddy Holly had lived longer.

Well don't!

For goodness sake Joe Brown is an understated Rock 'n Roll hero. Pi55es all over Cliff and even Marty!

I'm sorry to all you Holly fans but his best career move was passing away. He could never have moved with the times.
  • I never mentioned Stiff and Marty and Holly was already moving with the times, way ahead of the wholesome Bobby brigade.
  • BUMP!

Still got these tickets to go.

£20 for all 3.

Come on!!
  • [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]I never mentioned Stiff and Marty and Holly was already moving with the times, way ahead of the wholesome Bobby brigade.

Agreed, he had already started to bring orchestras into his recordings, and was using innovative recording techniques in 1959. I have read on more than one occasion that Joe Brown was Eddie Cochran's favourite guitarist, so the appreciation was mutual.
  • STOP TALKING CRAP AND SOMEONE HAVE THE BLEEDING TICKETS!

THEY ARE NOW FREE!!!!
  • Chirpy I'll have them.

If you pay me £50 :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzICl6YJYlQ
    Joe Brown at the NME poll winners concert!
    Poor Joe, he seemed to be managed as the 'Tommy Steele' light version, and he was a third rate version of a rock star!